Headache, Confusion

Crime Scene

Jongsuk stared up at the darkening sky with an increasingly ominous feeling. The horrific day was finally coming to an end, but what other nasty shocks would they receive come nightfall? He had no idea how anyone was going to be able to eat well for dinner, let alone have a good night's sleep. They needed to catch the murderer as soon as possible, before even more people were killed. Shin Hye came up softly behind him and enveloped him with a tight backhug. "Are you alright?" Jongsuk nodded silently as he her hands gently. He needed to catch that murderer, before any harm came upon this precious girl. His life would be meaningless if she were to leave him as well. "We really have to be careful from now on, especially now that it's night time." Shin Hye agreed with a despairing sigh. They had found valuable information about MC Jun, but neither of them knew him on a personal level very well to be able to make use of that information. At this point, neither of the members were willing to trust their fellow cast mates or share their information as well, and Shin Hye could not blame them. The only person she still felt like she could trust was Jongsuk. 

A door creaked open behind the couple, startling them both, but it turned out to be Jinho and Jiyoon. Jongsuk heaved a sigh of reflief at the sight of them as they walked over. "Suzy and CL are making dinner now, even if you're not hungry, come and have some." Jiyoon advised in a motherly tone. Tears brimmed in Shin Hye's eyes at her kind words, and Jongsuk gently hugged her as the foursome made their way back into the house. "Don't separate from each other alright, it's dangerous." Jinho reminded again, worry lines stretched against his forehead. He needed a breakthrough discovery, something that would allow him to at least form suspicions and work from there, but he was at a complete loss. At the thought of the numerous deaths so far, Jinho groaned and rubbed his forehead again. Ji Yoon poked him roughly in his ribs, earning a shocked squeal from him. "You too Hong Jinho, there's only so much you the Genius can do before you need to take a break, and this situation is stressful enough as it is. Stay strong, and don't worry too much." 


CL closed her eyes for what seemed to be the 1000th time since dinner time started. No one had much of an appetite so they sat silently around the dining table, shoveling as much food into their mouth as they could handle. CL's head was pounding painfully and she couldn't wait for dinner to be over so she could go up to her room to rest. If it was even safe, that is. She rubbed her forehead as she tried to ease the pain but nothing seemed to be working. Sunggyu, who was sitting next to her, realised her discomfort after a while and handed her a glass of warm water. "I wish that I had an aspirin with me, but I didn't think to pack any for this trip." She nodded her thanks weakly and gulped down the water, despite the fact that it made her feel slightly nauseous. All of a sudden Sunggyu stood up and pulled CL up with him. "Sorry to end this dinner so early, but neither of us have much of an appetite and CL needs to rest. Come on." Grabbing her hand, they made their way upstairs amidst the awkward silence that followed his announcement. "Thanks, Sunggyu, I really needed that." CL whispered as she lay down on her bed slowly. She rarely got migraines like this but when she did, the pain was unbearable. Sunggyu pulled the covers up for her and left the room once he heard her soft snores. Sighing heavily, he went back to his own room and collapsed on his bed. Would they ever make it out of this island alive? 

After checking that Sunggyu was safely back in his own room, Suzy opened the door to her room silently and tiptoed in. She spotted CL lying on her side on her bed and she seemed to be very much asleep. Stealthily, Suzy reached for CL's bag and fished out her mobile phone. With an intense look on her face Suzy deftly found her way through CL's passcode and opened up her messages. A frown formed on Suzy's face as she skimmed through the contents of her messages with a producer named Teddy. Her eyes narrowing, Suzy took a photo of CL's phone with her own phone and returned the phone to her bag. Putting it back at the place she had gotten it from, Suzy cast a final look at CL's sleeping figure before leaving the room. 


CL woke up suddenly, sweat beading around her forehead. The room was very dark and she could tell by her aching bones that a few hours had already passed. Her headache wasn't any better but was dry and painful. Feeling her way out of her bed, she walked past Jiyoon who was sprawled out on her bed and was about to head out the door when she realised that Suzy wasn't in the room. CL's fatigue was instantly replaced with foreboding, and she stumbled out of her bedroom with her hand on her head as she tried to make her way downstairs. The steep stairs never seemed as much of a challenge as it did now, and CL panted heavily with every step that she took. She finally reached the kitchen where she the bright and glaring light, which instantly caused her to shield her eyes. As she gradually got adjusted to her surroundings, a horrible scene that seemed straight from a nightmare greeted her. Suzy, lying motionless flat on the ground with a pool of blood around her. CL rushed towards her as quickly as her weak legs could carry her but once she knelt down to check on Suzy she felt a swift presence behind her. She whirled around in an attempt to see who it was but it was too late. The last thing CL remembered before her world turned to black was a starch white cloth and a sickly sweet smell. 


"CL! CL! LEE CHAERIN! WAKE UP!" A familiar voice sounded in CL's ear but her head was hurting so badly and her eyelids were so heavy that she did not want to open them. She felt someone shaking her roughly, hitting her arm repeatedly, forcing her to wake up. With a grunt CL finally managed to open her eyes, and through her blurry vision she saw a frantic Sunggyu staring at her. She tilted her head to the side briefly, trying to remember what was going on, before realising that she was holding onto something. That's weird, all she remembered was coming down to the kitchen and seeing...Suzy! Her eyes opened wide when she remembered what she had seen and sat up straight with the help of Sunggyu. "Sunggyu, Suzy...Suzy!" Without listening to her, Sunggyu shook her anxiously. "CL...what did you do to Suzy? Why? What happened??" Having no idea what he was talking about, CL looked about her surroundings and saw that the rest of the members were all gathered in the kitchen, looking at her in horror. She finally looked down at her hands and realised what they were all staring at. She was gripping onto a bloody knife with blood-stained hands, and Suzy was lying right in front of her. Dead. 


A/N: Woohoo I'm back!!! My final exams are finally over and I now have more time to write! I'm really sorry that the last time I updated was so so long ago but I'm thankful for the readers and subscribers who haven't given up on this story! I'll do my best and write even more interesting chapters to make up for last time :) I hope you'll continue reading! <3