First round of investigations

Crime Scene

"I'll begin first, since I was the one to find Sajang-nim's b-body..." Suzy stood up and headed to the front of the room. She still looked pale and weak, but her voice was steady. "It was around 5pm when he gave us a briefing right? After the briefing I went to the kitchen area with Taecyeon oppa for a while, until around 5.25 pm? After that, Taecyeon oppa went back to his room and I wanted to have some fresh air, so I headed outside to the garden at 5.30pm. It was then that...I saw Sajang-nim...." Taecyeon nodded and raised his hand to confirm her alibi. Just like he normally did during 'Crime Scene', Jinho took out his notebook and began to draw timelines as the cast members listed their alibis. 

"Jinyoung sshi's time of death was between 5pm and 5.30pm, right? I was alone in my room the entire time, reading, and I met Jinho and Sunggyu on my way down after I heard Suzy's scream." CL took her turn at explaining her whereabouts before sitting back down again. Likewise, the others also had "reliable" alibis which could all be confirmed by other people, such as Jongsuk and Shin Hye, who had been together and had eye witnesses such as Ji Yoon and MC Jun. Ji Yoon started to nibble her finger as she thought about the confusing case. Since everyone's whereabouts could be proven, was it possible that there was an outsider who had murdered Jinyoung? "I have a question, Suzy sshi." Minhyuk's youthful voice sounded suddenly, startling everyone in the room. All the members looked at him nervously while Suzy nodded, signalling for him to go on. "What exactly did you and Taecyeon hyung do for 25 minutes in the kitchen area? You don't seem to have cooked anything, and if you wanted to talk why didn't you relocate to somewhere more comfortable? The kitchen area is quite cramped, isn't it?" Shin Hye felt a tingle go down her spine as she heard Minhyuk's question. It was a valid one, nonetheless, but it definitely increased the tension in the room. Suzy's expression did not change as she replied the question confidently. "There're two chairs in the kitchen, since Shin Hye unnie and Jongsuk oppa were in the living room, Oppa and I didn't want to disturb them so we went to the kitchen." 

Minhyuk nodded, his curiosity somewhat mollified by this explanation, and Jinho took this opportunity to jump in the conversation. "We should share our findings from the crime scene now. CL and Sunggyu sshi, would you like to explain what we discovered in the garden?" Sunggyu took his turn repeating the discoveries they had made from the crime scene, prompting gasps of shock and fear from the people in the room. "From this all we can confirm is that the murder weapon is probably a knife and that this murder wasn't accidental. We still need to locate the murder weapon and find possible motives for murder, so we should search this lodge now. Can we all have permission to go through each other's items? Also, keep in mind the reason for the lotuses. They weren't there by accident." Although there were slight frowns on the faces of MC Jun and some other cast members at the thought of their privacy being invaded, they all nodded in agreement. The cast members split themselves up into pairs, with the famous 'Crime Scene' duo Jinho and Ji Yoon reunited, Minhyuk with MC Jun, CL with Sunggyu, Shin Hye with Jongsuk and Taecyeon with Suzy. They divided the lodge into equal parts for the respective pairs to search, with some pairs going back to the crime scene and to the personal rooms of the members. 


"Where are we going first?" Jinho made no reply but continued to lead Ji Yoon back to the crime scene. "It's not you right?" He asked in a soft voice. She shook her head subtly and clutched his hand. "You can trust me, just like I know I can trust you." They went back to the crime scene, this time armed with their handphones so that they could take notes and take pictures. With their gloves on, Jinho and Ji Yoon flipped the body, making sure that they did not destroy any part of the crime scene while they were moving his body. As Jinho was feeling Jinyoung's head, he felt a bump on the back of his head and when he had matted down Jinyoung's thick black hair, he saw an abrasion forming, along with a little dried blood. He nudged Ji Yoon urgently and pointed to the wound. "He was incapitated before he was stabbed, the murderer probably hit him from the back before stabbing him when he became unconscious." Jinho deducted quickly, and Ji Yoon took a photo of the wound. "Does that mean that it's someone weaker than Jinyoung sshi? Like a woman? The rest of the men here are pretty strong...except MC Jun." They exchanged looks briefly before returning to their investigation. 


"What are we going to do if we continue to have no reception? I know that the production crew should be here in 2 days but what if something goes wrong? What if we're stuck here forever?" Sunggyu nattered on worriedly as they claimed the stairs up to the second level. CL shushed him impatiently, not wanting to waste time worrying even though she was secretly very afraid as well. "Let's check the rooms systematically, starting with the room that MC Jun, Minhyuk and Taecyeon share, since their room is the nearest to the garden." Sunggyu nodded and they entered the room which looked identical to the other rooms, with its blue bedsheets and neatly arranged beds. The members hadn't really unpacked their belongings yet, but MC Jun had quite a bit of stuff laid out already, seeing as how he supposedly spent his free time in the room earlier on. With gloves, the pair started to go through the belongings he had laid out on his bed and dressing table. There was nothing much of interest that he had laid out, just daily essentials like powder, combs, cologne and so on. His bag was securely locked though, something that came as a surprise to CL. Since he had already begun to unpack, why didn't he just leave his bag open? Though they did not discuss it, they called for MC Jun at the same time, wanting him to open the bag for them. Just as they were about to call for him loudly from the stairwell though, Minhyuk arrived at the second floor alone. "Oh Minhyuk ah! Where's your partner, MC Jun? Weren't you supposed to be examining the patio outside?" He nodded as he continued to make his way toward the toilets. "He's still downstairs, I just needed to go to the toilet. We finished examining the patio already, there's nothing yet so we're moving on to the kitchen area. He went ahead first, and I'll be joining him later." A loud thud interrupted his sentence though, and then a large bell started to chime. It was the most creepy sound that CL had ever heard, and when she looked around at the guys she was greeted with identical stares of horror. "Oh my gosh what is happening now..." Sunggyu's voice trailed off as he looked out the window towards the source of the sound. 

"Otoke....what...what are we goin-g to do....help..." With trembling hands he gestured towards the area directly outside the patio, at the entrance of the lodge. CL and Minhyuk inched forward eagerly to see what had happened but the sight caused their jaws to drop. The gloves that CL was holding slipped out of her hands completely and no thoughts could form in her head at all. "It...it was only 5 minutes since I left him...how?" Minhyuk finally stuttered. 


A/N: HAHAHA I'm going to be mean and leave you to guess what happened ^^ It's quite obvious but yeah I'm not going to reveal it in this chapter. Thank you to the new subscribers and I hope you'll continue to enjoy this story :) Please do continue to leave comments so that I can get more ideas/find new ways to improve this story :)