The Beginning

Crime Scene

“This…is definitely not what I expected.” Lee Jongsuk stepped out of the bumpboat and looked at his surroundings curiously. Hong Jinho stepped out right after him and nodded in agreement. “Me too, Crime Scene never used to have such a big budget. Why are we suddenly on this weird island?" The place looked extremely deserted as it was located in a very remote part of Korea and was a relatively unknown island. The island was filled with trees, jungles and empty beaches. It was an interesting place for filming, to say the least. "Are we the first ones here then?" Jinho asked the production assistant standing next to him who nodded her head. "Hyung, the game card told us to go up to the lodge when we got here, shall we make our way there?" Sunggyu, the leader of Infinite, asked politely, gesturing to a sign nearby that pointed the way up to the lodge. Having been a guest on Crime Scene before, he was invited to join the third season of the show as well. He had a close friendship with Jinho stemming from their time together at 'The Genius', and the two friends hadn't lost contact since. Grabbing their bags, the three men made their way up the steep slope. Seeing as how the producers had told them to pack for a two-week stay at the lodge for the filming of the show, their bags were extremely heavy and it was quite a challenge for Jinho to get up the slope. Chuckling at the thought of the female celebrities climbing up this hill with their even heavier bags later on, Jinho finally reached the top. An astonished gasp escaped Jongsuk's mouth as the three of them stared at the huge wooden lodge in front of them. The place was humongous, and fit perfectly into its rustic surroundings. The men dumped their bags on the wooden porch before walking towards the door. Feeling a little nervous, especially because the production assistant from before hadn't followed them up, Jinho reached for the doorknob, only for the door to swing open suddenly without him even touching it. At that moment, Jinho felt as if his heart was going stop but the shock quickly disappeared once he heard the burst of laughter from behind the door. "Welcome! You're really late today!" 

It was Park Ji Yoon, an entertainer who was also part of the original cast from the first and second season of Crime Scene. She was known as the "deduction queen" due to her uncanny way of figuring out who the murderer was, and she had also formed a very strong friendship and partnership with Jinho through the show. The two of them were the only two members to be called back for this third season. Jinho raised his hand as if to hit her and she shied away jokingly. "You really scared me..." Jinho muttered under his breath as he went back to retrieve his luggage. Jongsuk bowed to Ji Yoon respectfully before doing the same, causing Ji Yoon to start fangirling about his flower boy looks. "This season seems fun if flower boys like our Jongsuk and Sunggyu are here! Go in and pick your rooms, Miss A's Suzy and 2NE1's CL are here as well! They came on the boat together with me." Jinho sighed when he saw the steep stairs leading up to the second floor but resigned himself to his fate as he slowly made his way up. The difference in the setup of the show this time was puzzling to him, however. If they were going to be confined to this island for 2 weeks of filming, where was the crime scene and investigations supposed to be set up? He had no idea what was going on, but for the time being, his needs were being satisfied, especially when he saw the comfortable beds laid out in the bedrooms. He picked a room with blue bedsheets that looked as if it were for guys and placed his items on the bed that was closest to the window. It was his favourite spot, in any bedroom. Jongsuk followed him soon after and placed his items on the bed that was in between the other two beds. As he unpacked his daily essentials, he couldn't help wondering where his girlfriend, actress Park Shin Hye was. He was sure that when he signed the contract for this show, she had signed on as well. Why wasn't she here when the other female celebrities were here already? 


Park Shin Hye checked her makeup and hair in her compact mirror before getting off the van. "Good luck on the show, Shin Hye. See you in two weeks!" Her manager waved to her as she headed to the port. Recognising a familiar figure in front of her, Shin Hye stifled a smile as she ran up to him and tapped him on the shoulder from the back. He jumped a little before turning around and discovering her, his eyes lighting up in a smile. "Shin Hye noona! It's been a long time since I last saw you! How have you been doing?" Shin Hye tiptoed to reach and ruffle his curly hair. "Kang Minhyuk, you seem to have grown taller since I last saw you. Are you filming for Crime Scene as well?" Minhyuk nodded eagerly, his smile getting wider as he realised that Shin Hye was going with him as well. They caught up with each other and gossiped cheerily until three people walked up to them suddenly. "Shin Hye sshi, Minhyuk sshi, you're here! I apologise for being late." Park Jinyoung shook Minhyuk's hand firmly and shook Shin Hye's hand in a more gentle manner. Ok Taecyeon, from the famous boy group 2PM was standing behind his CEO in a plain tee and bermudas, but he still looked as stunning as ever. Jun Hyunmoo, on the other hand, looked severely out of place in his suit and bow tie. There were beads of sweat on his forehead already, but he remained professional and showed the way to where the bumpboat was docked. "Everyone, let us get on this boat, we are already the last group to arrive at the lodge." Shin Hye looked at the MC in shock. "We're going to be staying at a lodge? Where exactly? When I watched previous seasons of Crime Scene, it was always held in an indoor setting, why the change?" At this point, JYP spoke up. "Ah that's because JYP Entertainment took over the production of this show, so I am actually the overall PD for this program. I wanted to spice up the show a little bit, so I increased its budget and I changed the setting. Instead of having it in a boring studio, why not increase the realism factor and situate it in the jungle? There are many real-life murders and cases that occur in the great outdoors, changing our location would enable us to explore those cases more. It would also add to the entertainment factor if we get footage of celebrities living together, I'm sure it'll be an interesting experience for us all!" Taecyeon nodded in agreement, and as they continued discussing the show, the bumpboat arrived at the island. Whether it was because of the cold wind, or because of other reasons that Shin Hye couldn't name, she felt a chill go down her spine once she stepped on the island. She couldn't help having a feeling that something was going to happen, but she had no idea what. For the moment though, it was time to begin 'Crime Scene'. 


A/N: This chapter is more of an introduction to our characters than anything else! For people who are unfamiliar with how Crime Scene worked in the past, you can refer to this. Thank you and please leave comments to help me improve :)