Chapter 2

Odyssey To Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol assumed that his soon to be wife had rushed back to her room. The thud sound that he heard right after proved it. He sighed, not knowing exactly what he had done wrong. Maybe he was dense like that and didn’t really know how to please ladies. Well, Chanyeol knew he could please the ladies but his lady, he didn’t. He blamed Haneul’s behavior on mood swings caused by jet lag. He threw the situation out of his mind and began his daily routine before heading off to work.

Like any sane person in her shoes, Haneul reacted the way the situation should have been dealt with. All she wanted was for a decent conversation where the boy heard everything that she had to say. Chanyeol wasn’t a bad kisser, heck! It wasn’t even a kiss - A peck, Haneul! It was a PECK!!

“Oh whatever.” She shook off the thought of having scolded her soon to be man. “There go my chances of getting the wifi password”

She jumped into bed right after feeling sorry for herself, turned off the bed light that illuminated the guest room and closed her eyes to prevent a headache from forming due to jet lag. Before she headed into a deep slumber, she could feel another body open the door and enter the room. She was too into her sleep cycle to open her eyes now - If I pretend to be dead, the murderer will go away. She thought to herself as the most logical reason for another person to be present in her room. She only sighed in her sleep when her ears heard the room door close. After that, she drifted off to her dream land.

Haneul woke up, only to the sound of her mother-in-law yelling at her husband downstairs. She rubbed her eyes and checked the wall clock in her room to see the time. It was nine-thirty. Hopefully she was still going to make it to breakfast without getting yelled at. With the sounds that were coming up through the vents, the mother-in-law seemed like a very strict lady.

Once she sat up in her bed, she reached to the bedside for her phone. It wasn’t long before her happy face turned into a frown after figuring that she was not located in her usual bed back at home in the US and was instead at the mercy of her husband and his parents at their house. She sighed, at least trying to find out the proper day so that she could count them down till her parents arrived.

America is a day back, so I must be a day ahead so if I left on the 22nd then I arrived on the 23rd, which means today is the 24th? But I left at night so does that change anything? What is life?

Confused and hot, she pushed away her comforter and turned her head to find the mug that Chanyeol had offered her earlier. She picked it up and found a sticky note attached to it.

Of course, for moments like this. This is why I’m getting married.

She was satisfied to find the wifi password written on it in the front. Grinning like crazy, she turned the note around while drinking the water in the mug. Chanyeol had added ice cubes into the cup to keep the water cool despite the heater being on high.

‘I’ll come back soon. If you miss me then call me on this number.’ It read, followed by an eleven digit phone number.

She stuck the note on her bed-side table and put her mug down. She got out of bed to get dressed and hurry downstairs to eat. Too lazy to unpack, she pulled on the same dress that she wore yesterday when she arrived and rushed down the stairs holding her mug in a hand. She didn’t want to look awkward by asking her inlaws for a glass of water. Her stomach was growling and she couldn’t wait to see what her new-mother had cooked up.

“Hello” She greeted in a cheerful manner.

Both inlaws turned around when they heard the voice and smiled, “Haneul, you are awake already? Did you sleep well?” The father asked. Oh no. More questions! But Haneul had answers, more like she had stories to go along with the answer. She naturally put the mug on the counter and her inner talkative Gemini kicked in.

“I slept well but I kept waking up. So I came down to get water and Chanyeol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter