Chapter 1

Odyssey To Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was still dark outside when Chanyeol woke up.  His room was warm and the comforter on top of him cozy. His alarm hadn’t gone off yet, but his internal alarm had and now he wouldn’t be able to go back to sleep. He pulled out his phone from under his pillow to check the time. It was only five in the morning. He usually woke up around seven so that he could make it to work on time.

 

He had gone to bed early last night because his future-wife was suffering from jet lag and had fallen asleep early too. At least, it was early to him ... His parents were usually asleep during that time anyway. With his mind wide awake, he got out of bed, deciding to use the restroom. Before he reached the bathroom, he heard footsteps, walking across his room. He wondered if his mother was awake but didn’t think of it too much as he went to take care of his business.

 

Soon, he walked out. The thermostat temperature was set way high and now the warm room felt too hot to him. In his black tank and sleeping shorts, he opened the door to his room and stepped out.

 

He glanced at the guest room where his wife was. The door was slightly ajar with the light inside.

 

What is she doing? Chanyeol wondered, walking up to take a peek. He saw no one though and immediately found himself getting worried about her well-being.

 

Did she run away? Nah, impossible. She doesn’t know her way around.

Was she kidnapped? From her room? There is an open window ... it’s definitely possible.

 

Of course it was possible in Chanyeol’s head. Before he knew it, he was racing down the stairs to walk out the door but stopped when he saw lights in the kitchen. He took a detour from his path to main door to the fridge. His steps were hushed as he tried to figure out the person behind it. Soon, the door to the fridge closed to reveal the person in hiding.

 

Without a second thought, both of them screamed. Chanyeol’s shriek was deeper than Haneul’s but it didn’t last as nearly long as the lady’s. The boy had to shush her down in order to not wake up his parents.

 

“It’s just me, Chanyeol.” He whispered, pulling her into a hug. “What are you doing up so early?”

 

“I wanted to get some water.” She replied in a much softer tone.

 

“Did you get it?” Chanyeol spoke before letting her go.

 

“I don’t know which cup I could use so I checked to see if you guys had any bottled water but you do not.” She sighed, looking at the refrigerator in a dejected manner.

 

The gentle giant smiled before heading to where they kept the mugs and grabbing a new one from a drawer.  His parents were very particular about having individual cups, it made it easier to identify the person that hadn’t washed his belongings or left them around.

 

“You can use this one.” He brought it to her. The girl was about to gladly take it when Chanyeol moved it to fill the cup with water before bringing it back to Haneul. She attempted to grab it again and was successful this time.

 

“What are your plans for today?” The girl asked him while professionally holding the cup.

 

“Well, my work starts at nine so I will be out of the house by eight thirty.” He answered to the girl who was not expecting that as a reply at all.

 

“Work?”

 

“Yeah, work.”

 

“What will I do till you return?” She pouted noticeably. Chanyeol was the only person in the house that she was comfortable with so far. Well, they weren’t that comfortable but comparing to the rest, he was cozier.

 

“Aren’t you suffering from jet lag? Sleep.” He simply spoke, as if it was no big deal. The girl didn’t reply to that comment and just put her cup down on the island. “But, I will come back early to spend time with you,” Chanyeol added quickly after sensing the displeasure.

 

“Really? You don’t have to.” She said to be polite but really, she enjoyed that she had that effect on her future husband even without saying anything.

 

As if taking a hint, Chanyeol t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter