Prologue

Odyssey To Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She was coming today... Chanyeol had barely a couple hours to get dressed to go get her from the airport.

 

They hadn't met before. Chanyeol only got handed her one page bio data with a closeup picture. To look she was pretty average, with chubby cheeks but her posed smile was genuine. He couldn't object, the two were family friends apparently and were betrothed as soon as the other set of parents had found out the good news of their child being a girl. Talk about early planning.

 

She was born in America after parents immigrated there but the friendly tie of future wedding of Chanyeol and their first daughter remained.

 

Her mom said that the girl was born into riches but was raised as a well behaved angel. Chanyeol believed that it was a bait thrown in by all mothers to lure people into liking their daughters.

 

"Chanyeol, you know where her flight is landing, right?" His father questioned him. The tall boy pulled out a paper, "I got it."

 

"She is coming in as our future daughter in law, although you guys aren't married yet- make sure to treat her well." His mother reminded and Chanyeol rolled his eyes. He wasn't particularly fond of the arranged marriage idea but he had no voice. It was the 21st century for goodness sake!

 

He finished off his breakfast and walked along to leave his plate in the sink.

 

"I'll come back safely." He muttered, a little angry as he slipped his shoes on.

 

"Buy some flowers along the way. Treat her nicely!" His father chided the boy who showed no interest.

 

"Yea-yea" he walked out the door. His parents stood there until he drove his car out of their sight.

 


 

He held the picture in his hand and wandered around in search for her.

 

"Haneul ..." He trailed off, looking for the bulletin board of the flight arrivals. Her plane was on time so where was she?

 

His phone suddenly rang and he picked it up. If was from an unknown caller.

 

"Hello" he said first.

 

"Chan... Chanyeol-sshi?" The girl behind the call stuttered. It was the first time she had heard the voice of her future husband, and the deepness of it startled her a bit.

 

"Yes. It’s me?" The boy replied, clueless of the person on the other side.

 

"Are you at the airport yet?" She asked, straightforward.

 

"Oh yes, are calling from a pay phone?" He asked, heading in that direction.

 

"Yes" she said simply.

 

"What color are you wearing? I think I spot you." The boy squinted ahead. There were two girls at the payphone booth. One short and the other tall... Both were wearing basically the same thing except one was facing his way and the other wasn't. "Park Haneul?"

 

"I'm wearing a blue dress but I have a blanket on me. My luggage is navy in color." She gave out pointers.

 

The girls that the boy was thirsting over was none of them with the details the girl gave.  

 

"It's cold." She blurted.

 

"Wait" Chanyeol came to a realization, "are you outside?" He asked.

 

"Outside. The number on the road reads 5" she coughed. A man close to her was smoking.

 

"Don't move an inch. I'm coming." He replied, still on the phone.

 

"I think the payphone is ending." She said right when it cut off at, "I'm scared."

 

Chanyeol was even more fearful at her last words that instead of big strides he ran across the area to get outside. Luckily he had parked near gate 4 so it wasn't a long walk to 5.

 

As expected, a girl with black hair stood right near the payphone. Shorter than what he expected but perfect for his ideal match. He smirked as he approached closer. Her navy baggage was next to her where she stood wrapped in a dull grey blanket with her legs exposed to the cold wind. Noticeably, she was shivering.

 

The taller shook his head as he took his jacket off. He decided his plan of action would be to tackle her from behind. He changed his course to the other side of the barricade and when he saw an opening he took it.

 

He was satisfied when he earned a shocked gasp from the girl when he put his jacket on her, "Haneul?" He questioned just to make it clear. The girl turned around to face him. Chanyeol's eyes widened in the shock of looking at her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter