RENT 8 - DRINKING BUDDY

MOBSTER FOR RENT (Romantic Comedy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


 


 

credits: kamepi_chan - Ellie








Note: The information below about the Triad Organizational Structure came from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triad_(underground_society)



Explanation of Triad Positions and Duties (*sigh)



I remember now, this is why I don't want to post this fic before. There's just too much explanation about the Mobster thingy.



Disclaimer: Please bear in mind that these positions and their duties are purely fictional (some of the information used here are taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triad_(underground_society) )



Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triad_(underground_society)



Dragon Head (a.k.a. Mountain Master) - he's the leader overlooking ALL the Triad's activities and members. But he does it in the shadows. Nobody knows who or where he is except for a chosen few.



Deputy Mountain Master - the position after the Dragon Head. He's like the physical body of the Dragon Head. He is the one carrying out all the things that needs to be done and reports it to the Dragon Head via the Straw Sandal. So in business terms, GD is like the manager doing the dirty works and Dragon Head is like the owner giving orders. If the Triads needs to defeat a rival gang, GD and his unit are in the front line when attacking. If there's a problem within the organization, it will be relayed to GD and he will either give instructions on how to resolve it or he will do it himself. GD is respected even by other underground organizations (Yakuza, Mafia, etc) since he's a very effective mobster and they always seek his help whenever necessary.



Vanguard - Operations Officer



Incense Master - Ceremonies Officer - he's the one who will perform the Initiation Rites for the uninitiated Triad Members (Blue Lanterns)



White Paper Fan - Administrator - financial advisor of the Triads



Red Pole - Enforcer - takes care of the Triad's Offense and Defense. Responsible in overseeing the security of all members.



Straw Sandal - Liaision Officer - he is the one relaying messages among all units. For security purposes, the information are relayed via the Straw Sandal to ensure that the information won't be leaked. (kinda like a messenger)



49ers - Ordinary Members



Blue Lanterns - uninitiated members (a.k.a. neophytes)



_____________________________________________________________



SANDARA's POV



The moment I opened my bedroom door, a vein on my head almost exploded. Chilling on top of my bed is none other than the chicken that Jiyong was petting this morning.



"ARRRGHHHH!!! KWON JIYONG, YOU JERK!!!", I screamed angrily on top of my lungs. I am so going to kill him!



Who on their fcking right mind would want to pet a damn chicken?!



And what's that hanging on its neck? A note? I slowly approached my bed and looked at the note tied to the chicken.



I'm a good chicken. Please adopt me.



KWON JIYONG!! GRRRR!!!!



"I HATE YOU!!!!!", I stomped my feet in frustration.



How am I going to get the chicken off my bed?! I don't even want to hold it, ewww!!



Now I need to change my bedsheet and pillow cases! I was pacing back and forth, pondering on how to drive the chicken away when my phone beeped.



Dude, where are you? I'm already here in our usual hangout. Come drink with me, buddy.



Omo, Donghae! I almost forgot! But what will I do with this blasted chicken?! I was still racking my brain when another text from Donghae came in.



Drink with me, please. =( *sad face



Awwww, a sad face from Donghae. How can anyone say no to this adorable creature? Okay, forget the chicken. I'll deal with it later.



I immediately sent a reply that I was on my way, grabbed my bag and stormed out of my apartment.



Our usual hangout is at a bar tucked in a corner of Hongdae, away from the youthful buzz of the dance clubs which is what Hongdae is famous for. The music in that bar is soothing and you can drink while chatting with your friends that's why we liked it there. Friday nights is our usual drinking session. It's always just the two of us.



I'm so comfortable with Donghae and we can talk just about anything under the sun. It's almost impossible not to fall for that guy. And it really pains me whenever he tells my officemates that we're only drinking buddies. I hate those two words.



It's mainly because of him that I decided to rent a boyfriend. Bom is right (although I hate that she's right, she can be very spiteful sometimes), I want to show Donghae and the entire office that someone is interested in me. It's all for the wrong reasons, I know.



I honestly want to back out. But things turned to be quite unexpected and...fun.



Kwon Jiyong



I wonder who he really is.



_____________________________________________________________



"Boss, I've invented a new word just for you. It's called JEALOUSY", Seungri, being the smartas$ that he is, almost lost his life when GD abruptly gave him a sudden blow on his ribs.



"OUCH!! Boss ~ ~", he whined.



"I only tickled you. Stop being a girl", GD grabbed his drink and continued staring at Dara's direction.



"Tickled me? I think one of my ribs is broken", Seungri complained.



GD dismissed the rest of his unit since they still have an early day tomorrow. He was planning to tail Dara alone but of course, TOP, Youngbae, Seungri and Daesung refused to go home because according to them, 'they are his loyal followers and they have to be there to cover his back'. These ba$tards. Even an idiot can tell they just tagged along to witness him making a fool of himself while tailing that geek.



"Why are you still here? Go home. As you can see, I'm just having some drinks", he nonchalantly said.



"Sorry Boss. We need to ensure your safety", Daesung smiled at him goofily.



"Cut the bullcrap", he shook his head and stole a glance again at Dara's table. He is also wondering why he's here. It's like there's an invisible force that compelled him to follow her.



So, she's meeting a guy. Big deal. He doesn't care. He has more important things to deal with than give a sh!t about her and who she's meeting with and...Why is he holding Dara's miraculous hands?



GD gulped down his drink in one go, his eyes never leaving Donghae's hands comfortably resting on top of Dara's hands. His brows are deeply furrowed.



"Boss, are you alright? Can I now get my twenty million won?", TOP sweetly asked.



"Shut up. I won't fall for that woman"



"Uh-huh", TOP nodded mockingly.



"Look at the mirror boss and see how you look like", Seungri chimed in.



"Why? How do I look like?", GD asked uninterestedly.



"Lemme see.. Hmmm.. Yep, that right there is the face of someone who's about to start a murder rampage any moment", Youngbae replied.



"And stop gripping that dagger! I don't want to pull it out of that guy's later", TOP complained as he pointed at the dagger hidden in GD's boots. GD loosened his grip on his weapon and poured another round of drink.



"The dagger is for you, as$holes. I'm planning to slit your mouths if you don't zip it"



He wearily diverted his gaze. Being with the four monkeys is no help either. They're toying with his brain and were practically shoving Sandara Park down his throat.



TOP, Youngbae, Daesung and Seungri are his friends before they even entered the kind of life that they have now. Probably, they just want him to be happy. But, they're no ordinary people. Happiness is such an elusive thing for them. They're in constant danger and have no defined future. Love? He can't afford that. Especially with all the sh!t going on within the Triads.



"Why is that guy clasping Sandara Park's hands?", Youngbae is playing the devil's advocate pretty well.



"Uh-oh. Boss is going to claw that ba$tard's eyes out", Seungri jokingly remarked.



"....and shred it to pieces", Daesung added.



"Ridiculous", GD retorted. He looked down and caught sight of the knife on their table. It's as if the knife is begging him to stab and kill someone with it.



"Okay mushroomheads, cut it out. Boss might give us an official order to obliterate that man and place his head in a silver platter", TOP chuckled.



GD remained silent. No, he's not in love with Sandara Park. Amusement is far from love. That's just absurd. It's probably time to visit Sulli again....to release some heat.



He then glanced at Dara's table again. She's giggling happily while chatting animatedly with that guy. Hmmm..Maybe he can spice things up a bit - for his own amusement.



GD stood up and TOP immediately stood up as well.



"Stay there. I'm just going to the restroom", GD calmly said and was about to walk when TOP blocked his path.



"Boss, please don't do anything funky. Remember when you suddenly lost your temper and threw a dart right in the middle of a thug's forehead? You don't want those kind of unnecessary chaos to happen here, do you?", TOP worriedly said.



"Relax. And besides, that thug deserved that. He should be thankful the dart is not poisoned.", GD continued walking, leaving the four behind.



Minutes passed by.."I'll just go to the restroom, too", Seungri said.



He was running when he came back.



"Boss is not there!", Seungri exclaimed while catching is his breath.



"Where is he?!", Youngbae asked, alarmed.



"Oh no. Oh no no no.", TOP gasped as he gawked at where GD is currently at.



"What?", Youngbae exclaimed.



TOP pointed at GD's location, which is at Dara and Donghae's table.



"FCK, WHAT IS HE DOING?!"



"Being a lunatic", TOP groaned and lightly banged his head on the table.



_____________________________________________________________



SANDARA's POV



Oh sh!t.



What is he doing here?!



"What are you doing here?", I asked in bewilderment.



"Having a drink", Jiyong simply said and raised his glass.



Crap, I'm still not emotionally prepared to introduce Jiyong as my boyfriend! I plan on doing it on the Annual Company Acquaintance Party, with full moral support from Bom!



Fortunately, Donghae stepped out for a while to take an important call from one of his subordinates in our office. Being the Lead Technical Specialist, he is always on-call whenever something's up with our servers, networks, etc.



"Uhm, I'm having a drink with my officemate", I started. I'm hoping he can take a hint that this is awkward and we should just get on with each other's business tonight. I'm not sure how I'm going to introduce him. Besides, Donghae and I are enjoying each other's company, just like old times. I miss old times.



"I see", he said in a noncommittal tone. Then....he stood there.



O-kay. What now?



It will be rude to ask him to leave just because of my stupid desire to be alone with Donghae, right?



Ugh! Speaking of which, I seriously need to stop getting my hopes up when it comes to Donghae! But...but, ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter