Bonus Chapter: Part 2

Blood Sister
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Unlike the last time they’d been up a mountain, there was no dramatic breakdown when they got back.  Semi was extremely hungry after the climb and protesting something about Minseok’s food being better as they went around the buffet of the hotel restaurant, Minseok insisting on holding Semi’s plate for her.  She paused for a moment to look at the massive helpings of pork she’d put on both of them, along with leaves and various other things, a piece of smoked salmon clasped in the tongs she was holding in midair.

“Which one’s mine again?” she muttered to herself.

“The one with the most food.”

“They both have the same amount.”

“I have nuts.”  Minseok lifted the plate in his right hand.  It was only when Semi went scarlet that he realised she’d taken it in a different context.  “Look, just give us both salmon.  And there are plenty of eggs too.”

“Oh my God,” Semi muttered, dropping the salmon portion onto his plate.  “Please stop.”

Minseok just about managed to keep a straight face as he nodded past the salmon and the eggs to the dish behind.  “What about some meatballs?”

Semi swiped at him with the tongs and nearly sent a second piece of salad flying.  Laughing, Minseok trailed around the rest of the buffet with her.  They were both pretty grateful to collapse into seats at the table and dig in after the hike.  It wasn’t until they were both contemplating dessert that either spoke.

“Do you think the chocolate brownies have nuts in?” Semi asked.  “I could really do with a chocolate brownie right now.”

Minseok offered to check.  He came back chewing thoughtfully on one and showed Semi the cross-section, with almonds clearly on display.

Semi pouted.  “Why do they always have to ruin brownies by putting nuts in them?”

“I’ll make you some when we’re back home,” Minseok offered around his final mouthful before the chocolate off his fingers and tilting his head to one side.  “I was just wondering – how badly is it going to affect you if I kiss you after eating nuts?”

Semi blinked at him.  “No idea.  I sometimes break out in a rash if Sehun’s had peanuts and he breathes on me.”

Minseok grimaced.  “I think I should stop eating nuts.”

“If you like them, then—”

“If you and Jaehwan are both allergic, I can cut them out of my diet and just eat them when neither of the two of you are around.”

Semi seemed to sense that he was firm on that and accepted it before asking Minseok if there was cheesecake and if he could possibly get her some.  Rolling his eyes in mock irritation, Minseok went to get it for her.

Minseok finished eating before Semi did, and he propped his elbows up on the table, clasping his hands under his chin as he waited patiently for her to eat up her dessert.

“We should probably look into what there is to do on this island,” he pointed out.  “We still have ten days or so.  We’ve been up a mountain already and I know that Jeju’s listed as one of the most beautiful places in the world.  There will be loads of walks and things.”

“Sehun mentioned the lava tube and the Grandfather Stones,” Semi said around her last mouthful.

“Okay.  We’ll go see them.”  Minseok lowered his hands from under his chin.  “What about stuff that’s not all caught up in nature?  I mean, I want to take you on dates.  They can’t all be hikes or dinners, but I want them to be things that you want to do.”

“There are apparently some really pretty waterfalls, too,” Semi added.  “So put them on the list.  And what about going to the cinema?”

They opted for a day in town after the trek up Halla mountain, culminating in a trip to the cinema in the evening.  It was a bit of a surreal experience for Semi, who had dated a few times before, but had always avoided watching a film during them as it wasn’t very conducive to discussion.  That seemed to work differently with Minseok, who still spoke to her in an undertone at various points in the film and joked about making the classic move to put his arm around her in the dark.  She fell asleep towards the end of the film and woke up in Minseok’s lap.

The next day, they went down the lava tunnel.  Semi had the rather odd experience of Minseok clinging onto her, trying to make it look outwardly like he wasn’t scared, but she was nearly laughing halfway through the tour at his continuous mutterings of “this is all very pretty, but it’s underground.”

“Still claustrophobic?” she asked as he gripped her upper left arm tightly in both his hands.

“Yes,” he whined softly before burying his head on her shoulder as the tour guid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter