Bonus Chapter: Part 1

Blood Sister
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Stupidly, I initially forgot to mark the story complete.  It is now, though!  I'll be going through tidying up some of the a/ns and stuff and thought it best to straighten things out by moving these honeymoon bonus chapters to the end so they don't disrupt the flow of the main story.

I know some of you were curious about the time between Minseok being let out of prison and the current events of Blood Sister, so here is a snippet you might enjoy.  It's here because I felt it was more relevant to Blood Sister than TBBC.  This continues on more or less from the end of the second bonus chapter on TBBC and is in three parts.  Enjoy!

 

It was evening when Seulgi dropped by to pick Jaehwan up.  The boy was bouncy and excited and Minseok was reluctant to let him go, even though Jaehwan was clearly interested in other things (namely “awesome Auntie Seulgi!” and a remote control helicopter), but he and Semi did have a plane to catch and he was no way near ready.  As far as first days went, Minseok didn’t think it had gone too badly with Jaehwan, though he was a little worried about how it might pan out in the future.  He was, after all, barging into a life in a space that Jaehwan considered not to exist for him, and permanently, too.  Unlike Taeyong, who had been happy to accept Minseok as the cool cookie hyung from next door who played with him when his parents didn’t, and going over to whose house was adventure time for him, Minseok and Jaehwan were going to be tripping over each other twenty-four-seven until Jaehwan was old enough to move out, and while the boy seemed happy enough to accept Minseok as a playmate and a chocolate supplier, he acted like a territorial mother bear every time Minseok went near Semi.

“My mum.  Mine,” he’d insisted when Minseok had tried to sit on the side of the small table between the two of them (as Semi had told him that she and Jaehwan always sat opposite each other) at dinner, and he’d glared at his father until Minseok had swapped places with him.  It was adorable, but also a little terrifying.  Jaehwan did at least like the food, though, and delivered his verdict after dessert.  “You can stay.  You make good food.”  Minseok only hoped that it would be that easy for the boy to wholeheartedly accept him.

Unfortunately, Jaehwan’s realisation before he was out of the door with Seulgi that Minseok was effectively stealing Semi from him for two whole weeks did not go down well.  Minseok wasn’t sure if it was the length of time that was getting to Jaehwan or specifically that he was the one taking Semi away – Semi mentioned with anxiety that the longest she and Jaehwan had ever spent apart before was three days, but Jaehwan was also extremely reluctant to bid Minseok goodbye and was practically glaring at him by the time Seulgi ushered him out of the door.

Minseok decided it was best not to dwell on it and turned to Semi to ask if she was packed.  All he had in the way of clothes was a spare set he’d been given on leaving prison, so his luggage basically only consisted of toiletries as he thought it was a better idea to buy clothes when they arrived at their destination.  Semi was happy to put her feet up and let him pack for her, and Minseok discovered with some surprise a fair number of the clothes she’d worn a lot when he’d first known her – including a dress and a jacket that he’d bought her, and another dress that he distinctly remembered complimenting her on because it had looked so pretty on her.

She’d looked prettier, he remembered, but he’d been too nervous to get those particular words out at the time.  Needless to say, all three items went in the case.

The most surprising discovery was that Semi had learnt how to drive.  Xiumin felt his jaw physically drop open when they stepped out of the lift and into the basement of the building block and car indicators responded to the plippers Semi produced.  He automatically held out a hand as they reached the car, about to ask for the keys when he realised that she was getting into the driver’s side with barely a qualm and that he was gawping from the passenger door.  More than impressed, he got in the car to join her.

“I wasn’t told about this,” he said, nudging her gently on the arm as she started the car up and pulled out of the parking lot.  “How long have you had your licence?”

“A year and a half.”  Semi paused to check her mirrors.  “It was supposed to be a surprise.  It took quite a lot to stop Sehun from telling you about it, actually.  He said it would make you really happy to know.”

Minseok had to bite the inside of his cheek to keep his emotions in check.

“I’m so proud I could cry,” he admitted, and Semi grinned without taking her eyes off where she was going.  Once they were out onto the street, though, she dropped one hand from the steering wheel and reached for his.  Minseok took it without hesitation and gave it a light squeeze.  Although Semi hadn’t been that tense before, she still noticeably relaxed at his touch, and he felt a tingle of warmth rush through him that he’d actually been a part of helping her to push through her fear of cars, however small.

“I’m beating you now, right?” she joked, gliding to a halt at traffic lights.  “Lay said he was going to put you straight through a driving test the morning you start work so that you actually have a licence.”

Minseok laughed.

They didn’t talk much on the way to the airport, but Minseok was more than happy not to.  It was a very comfortable silence, with the purr of the car engine, Semi’s warm hand in his, and the knowledge that it was just going to be the two of them for the next two weeks.  He was looking forward to it.  They hadn’t had a conventional courtship – he’d only ever managed to take her on one official date, looking back – and there were so many things that they’d simply missed out on, and that would be difficult to do with a child around.

The airport itself was a wholly new experience for Minseok.  He’d broken into one or two before with Luhan for various reasons, but he’d never actually flown anywhere before and they’d barely started going through security before Semi commented that he was like a lost little kid gazing about him at everything and shying away from the guards when he had to go through the metal detector.

“It’s all new!” he protested, practically turning around in circles as they headed towards the gate.  “I’ve never done this before!”

Semi grabbed him by the backpack he’d insisted on carrying for her and yanked him to a halt.  He blinked at her, aware that he was blushing.

“Calm down.”

He grinned sheepishly.  “Yes, ma’am.”

With

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter