... found out he's the only one.

That first time, when Jimin...

Hello! I'm sorry a bit late update, but I'm still suffering from writer block :c I've tried my best, though, as I know you guys have been waiting for this chapter. It's gets better towards the end, so read the whole thing, please. And as always, enjoy ^^

 

_____

 

“I can’t believe we have met him!”

Jimin just sighed deeply. It was already the 10th time Hoseok said that, and he was still as excited as when he had actually met Taehyung earlier that evening. His eyes were glued to the screen of the phone, when he was chatting with his friend since he and Jimin had left the pub. It was Jimin who asked Hoseok out for a beer, it was a Friday evening and he had a very ty day. He just wanted to hang out and talk, or rather vent, and Hoseok was obviously the closest person he could talk to. But he hadn’t even had a chance to get to the point of his problem, when Taehyung had suddenly showed up. The way he and Hoseok kept cuddling and touching each other had been making Jimin go insane, but he had somehow managed to keep a straight face and act like he’s having a good time. Don’t get me wrong, he had been very happy seeing Tae after such a long time, it was incredible how he suddenly showed up the pub (he was in town because of the premiere of the new opera he’s playing in and he thought it would be nice to visit their old favorite pub and bla bla bla~) and Jimin was glad they had a chance to see each other, but it had been supposed to be his and Hoseok’s time. Jimin needed his hyung’s help, and Taehyung ruined everything. It obviously wasn’t about how he and Hoseok almost had cried when they saw each other, or how long they have been hugging each other, or how they had been complementing each other, or how they had exchanged phone numbers and Tae hadn’t even asked for Jimin’s, or how he had been generally ignoring his dongsaeng’s presence for a whole evening. Of course it hadn’t made Jimin upset. Of course.

“Yea, that’s fantastic, but could you please stop texting him? You have been talking like 5 minutes ago.” Jimin replied, not even trying to hide bitterness in his voice. The fact that they all had drunken so much wasn’t helpful at all. Jimin was probably the most sober one, he was too busy watching those love birds all the time, but Hoseok had drunken a lot. That’s why Jimin had to hold his arm all the way to his house to prevent his friend from falling down. It had own pluses of course, he could at least control what Hoseok and Tae were talking about. Ok, maybe it wasn’t really fair, but he was doing it all from pure worry about his best friend. Of course he knew Taehyung, he knew that he wasn’t a bad person, but he’d rather know what’s going on between him and Hoseok until it’s too late. Maybe Jimin hadn’t fully accepted his crush on his hyung, but that didn’t mean he’d give up and let someone else take him from him, no way.

“Can we talk now? I need your advice.” Jimin took up the topic when they finally entered his flat and made themselves comfortable in the kitchen. Hoseok was still on his phone, caring more about the tea Jimin had him than about his friend himself.

“Hey, are you even listening?”

Hoseok just nodded in response, not even lifting his eyes from the screen. Jimin sighed deeply, watching his hyung carefully. He was smiling like a little child after getting a new toy. And Jimin felt terrible, he really needed to get something off his chest, and it had to be Hoseok to hear him out. Being ignored in such a moment was only making Jimin feel worse.

“So… I had this photoshoot today. I mean..” he started quietly, not really caring if Hoseok was listening to him. He just wanted to let it out, maybe it will be enough for him to feel better. When he looked at Hoseok, his stare was shifting between the phone’s screen and Jimin’s face. Well, that’s something, at least he was paying a little bit of attention.

“I mean that I didn’t have that photoshoot. The photographer said he had changed his mind about me.”

“What did he said exactly?” Hoseok shifted in his seat, leaning more in Jimin’s direction and sending him a confused stare before smiling like an idiot all over again when he hear a notification from Tae.

“He said I’m too fat.” Jimin said quietly, trying to stop his voice from shaking. He felt like after that, and now, talking about it and knowing that Hoseok didn’t even care was making him want to cry like a baby.  “I mean, I know I am, but he shouldn’t have sa-“

“You are not fat, what the ?!” Hoseok suddenly cut him off, finally putting his phone away and focusing his stare on Jimin’s face. Hoseok’s eyes seemed to be less blurry already, probably because of what his dongsaeng had said. They both knew the older boy was really drunk, but now he looked more sober than ever. Jimin almost fell off his chair, Hoseok’s reaction was totally unexpected for him. But he was also really glad that his hyung had finally noticed his problem.

“He said you’re too fat?”

Jimin just nodded in response at first, but then quickly got up and looked at his body in disgust. Even during their promotions as a band, Hoseok was the only member who would tell Jimin how good he looked, how his muscles became more visible, how he should stop dieting and so on. And even though Jimin knew his hyung was right, he still couldn’t believe him. So when he looked up at Hoseok, he was surprised by meeting his confused, and the most importantly, annoyed stare. Incoming notifications seemed to be extremely loud in that moment of silence, and Hoseok looked really angry.

“I mean, I can understand him…” Jimin’s fingers were shaking a little bit while he was touching his own arms, stomach and cheeks. It could be an alcohol running through his veins, but it also could be helplessness, or a mixture of both that was making his whole body feel light and fragile, like his own legs couldn’t bear his weight for too long.  “…just look at me, look at all this fat.” he continued with even quieter voice, avoiding Hoseok’s intense stare. He knew his hyung was drunk as well, but he also knew how he hated when Jimin called himself fat. Hoseok understood what he should do in moments like that, and Jimin was thankful that he hadn’t had to said it out loud. Jimin felt safe again, Hoseok’s attention was enough to make him feel better already.

“Show me this fat then.” Hoseok commanded with sharp voice, making a few steps in Jimin’s direction. He looked mad, but he wasn’t really, not at Jimin at least. He had been through a lot trying to convince Jimin he actually looked amazingly good, and the fact that some random photographer ruined it all was ridiculous. How Jimin can be still so insecure about his body? Hoseok was worried that even all those years working as a model couldn’t make Jimin confident about his appearance. And it was probably the biggest misery Hoseok was sure he will never solve.

“Well…there’s some here…” Jimin started hesitantly, touching his left shoulder and pinching skin which was supposed to be that fat he’s talking about. He was trying to avoid Hoseok’s stare at all cost, knowing that his hyung is probably seriously pissed, but even fully focusing his eyes on his own body didn’t saved him from what Hoseok had planned. He quickly grabbed Jimin’s wrist and led him to the bedroom, right in front of a big mirror hanging on one of the walls there. Jimin was way to dazed by both alcohol and Hoseok’s actions to protest, but he clearly couldn’t fool his own body. Standing there on front of a mirror and looking at his own reflection made him even more gloomy, but it obviously wasn’t the reason behind bright red blush crawling onto his cheeks. Because Jimin just couldn’t ignore the fact that Hoseok was standing right behind him, his hands resting lazily on his waist. The way he was looking at Jimin in the mirror almost made his heart stop. His stare was blurry though, Hoseok was still a bit drunk, but there were a slight traces of determination in his eyes, determination and adoration, which made the younger boy feel all dizzy. After being ignored for almost all evening, this sudden dose of attention felt like too much already. Jimin almost whined loudly when Hoseok pulled himself even closer and rested his chin on his shoulder, locking his dongsaeng in a lose embrace.

“So show me this fat again.” Hoseok took up the subject again, his voice suddenly low and a bit hoarse. He thought that maybe this method would finally bring some permanent results. Maybe when Jimin saw that his body is actually mostly made of muscles, not fat, he would end this subject for good.

“Here.” Jimin replied shortly with shaky voice, pointing at his own stomach. He tried to look at himself more than at Hoseok, but he couldn’t just ignore the other boy’s proximity. He totally loved the way his hyung was pressing his body against his own, and the fact that Jimin wasn’t sober was probably the only reason why he hadn’t fainted yet. It was so weird, just a little bit of alcohol was enough to make the atmosphere change completely. And it felt really wrong for the same reason.

“Where?” Hoseok asked quickly, moving his hands a little bit lower from Jimin’s waist. He felt how Jimin’s body tensed up in a split of second, but it wasn’t the reason Hoseok couldn’t stop himself from smiling. It was because of that small whine that had come out of Jimin’s mouth when Hoseok tugged on the hem of younger’s shirt and lifted it up soon after, revealing his stomach (and a sharp line of dark hair leading from Jimin’s navel to a very special place, hidden under his pants; Hoseok had to try his best to keep his eyes away from that feature~).

“Hmmm? Where is it?” Hoseok continued with his questions, shifting his stare between Jimin’s face and his stomach. The younger boy was feeling like an animal caught in a trap, with no way out, face to face with a predator. His hyung was always very affectionate, liked to touch others a lot and it was totally fine, but now, as Jimin was trying to survive and cure himself from his crush on a friend, that kind of behavior was the last thing he wanted. Hoseok’s hands were making Jimin insane, his fingertips felt like butterflies leaving soft kisses on his stomach, and it made Jimin’s body heat up even more.

“I’m sorry, Jiminnie, but I can’t see this fat you’re talking about…” Hoseok stated finally, releasing Jimin’s shirt and letting it cover boy’s stomach. Jimin just let out a deep sigh, taking a quick peek at Hoseok’s face in a mirror. His eyes seemed to be glued to Jimin’s face, he was focused only on him in that specific moment. Younger boy felt how the alcohol was slowly evaporating from his body, leaving him sober and weaker in Hoseok’s hands. His brain was finally starting to work normally, he realized his current position could lead to much more serious things. He knew how clingy his hyung was becoming when drunk, and that situation could be very problematic if Jimin just stayed in place and let things happen. He really needed Hoseok’s help, he wanted his hyung to build up his self-confidence and make him feel better. But in this situation, with Hoseok being way drunker than Jimin, things may turned into…something, and Jimin would regret it later. He didn’t want to feel like he took the opportunity when Hoseok wasn’t sober. He had to break their contact now, before his hyung would get “into the mood”. So he forced a shy smile on his face and leaned back even more, right between Hoseok’s arms,  just to enjoy the last few seconds of his proximity. Of course he would like to stay, but not in those circumstances. He will make Hoseok needy one day, needy for Jimin’s presence and body, but it’ll take much more effort, and it’ll be worth much more, too.

“Maybe… maybe you’re right..?” he finally spoke up, carefully watching his hyung’s face to see if he can suspect his little swindle. Hoseok was a type of guy who would do a lot of things after drinking, but fooling him was still hard. He was a smart guy, he could read people’s body language very well, he could tell everything from other’s facial expressions, just like he could read mind. But this time, all thanks to alcohol (and meeting his precious Taehyung” Jimin thought), he wasn’t as alert as he should be. He smiled back at Jimin’s reflection in the mirror and tightened his grip around younger’s waist, leaning more forward to actually look at his dongsaeng face.

“See? I’m always right.” Hoseok replied with his usual sunny smile, not letting Jimin go, even despite that his body seemed to be shaking a little bit in his embrace. “Let’s leave this topic for good, ok? Don’t bring that up again. And don’t listen to other people’s bull.” he added after a while, still keeping his stare on Jimin’s face. Younger boy had to try his best to not let his moans escape his mouth. The way Hoseok’s breath was ghosting against the skin on his neck was unbearable, Jimin could feel his heart beating faster than it should have, and he was praying to all the gods in the world to not let Hoseok notice that.

“You know that your cheeks are adorable, right?” the older boy continued, his face getting closer and closer to Jimin’s, who had been truly terrified at this point. His nose was picking up the strong smell of alcohol coming from Hoseok’s mouth, and he felt how close his hyung had gotten to him. Jimin was just about to laugh the whole situation off and try his luck to escape Hoseok’s strong grip, but then a loud melody came from the kitchen. It took them a few seconds to realize it was Hoseok’s phone ringing, but he didn’t seem to care. His eyes were still focused on Jimin’s face, who had finally decided to turn his head around and look back at his smiling hyung.

“I think it’s yours. Maybe it’s Taehyung.” the younger boy said with a big smile, carefully taking Hoseok’s hands from his waist and creating a distance between their bodies. He had to take the opportunity and try to change the subject for something less intimate and … awkward.

“You don’t want to pick it up?”

Hoseok looked like a child who hadn’t gotten his candy. His smile turned into a sad one, and his eyes dropped to the floor like he knew he had done something bad. What’s weird was that he didn’t rush to pick up the phone, even though it could be only Tae calling at that hour. Jimin was expecting him to run as quickly as possible and chat on his phone for another hour. His heart was aching while thinking about that it’d be Taehyung on the other side, but he couldn’t say anything. He looked down at his hands, still occupied by Hoseok’s slim fingers even though he had backed away from him, and couldn’t help but smile. They looked so pathetic, like in some cheap romantic drama. Jimin could bet Hoseok would laugh if he was sober.

When the phone stopped ringing, Hoseok looked up at Jimin, bright smile back at his lips again.

“I have something more important to do here.” he replied cheerfully, noticing how Jimin’s face was slowly turning red. He maybe was drunk, but not blind. “I know you’re mad at me, I was acting like an in the pub. I’m sorry.” he added after a few seconds, sending Jimin an apologetic stare. The younger boy had to swallow a giant lump in his throat before he could even open his mouth.

“No, it’s ok now. I understand, you must have just missed Tae…” he said with a weak voice, gently shaking of Hoseok’s hand, and then headed to the kitchen. He didn’t expect Hoseok to pick up this topic, he thought his hyung is too drunk to notice Jimin’s irritation. That whole situation was so weird, Jimin’s thoughts were in one big mess. What was even happening? Drunk Hoseok touching him in not-so-friendly way, apologizing him for previous behavior, not picking up calls from his dear Taehyung… It was like a rollercoaster, he didn’t know what to expect to happen next.

Jimin walked up to the window, leaning a little bit forward over the windowsill, and took a big breath. He tried to make himself look ordinary, Hoseok would be able to tell that Tae made Jimin mad and nervous. The older boy entered the kitchen a few seconds after his dongsaeng, but he stopped right at the doors.

“I know you’re jealous, Jimin.” Hoseok started off, and Jimin’s heart sank immediately. It was over, Hoseok already knew about Jimin’s crush on him, fantastic. Jimin’s mouth hang open like he was trying to catch his breath, when in reality he was thinking about what he should say now, how should he react. Should he just admit that he was having a strong feeling towards his friend, or maybe he should deny everything and laugh it all off? None of the options seemed to be nice, and Jimin was glad he was facing the window now, not Hoseok. Keeping a straight face seemed to be impossible.

“You are my best friend, ok? Nobody will take me away from you, even Taehyung” the older boy said again with a serious face, and took a few steps in Jimin’s direction, carefully watching his dongsaeng reaction. He probably did notice how weirdly his friend had been acting all evening, he knew him too well to let go of such things.

“Yeah, I was afraid you’d start to hang out with him more often than with me…” Jimin admitted finally, deciding to roll with what Hoseok had said. The fact that his crush was still a secret made him a little bit calmer, at least they didn’t have to make any tough decisions while being … not sober at all.

“I know you were always really close, with each other, so it’ll be totally ok with me i-“ Jimin took up again, but cut off soon after, feeling Hoseok’s chest pressing against his back. He hadn’t even heard when his hyung came up to him, and his hands wrapping tightly around his neck make Jimin hold his breath. Drunk Hoseok was being really a pain in the that day, taking into consideration that Jimin would rather avoid any physical contact, he was too confused with his own feelings. And heat radiating from Hoseok’s body was only making it worse.

“H-hyung, what exactly… are you doing right now?” Jimin asked after a few seconds, when Hoseok hadn’t picked up their conversation, giving only a silent whine in response, while his nose was nuzzling around Jimin’s ear and his nape. Jimin could feel this well known, warm sensation growing up in his stomach, his whole body heated up immediately, every breath was delimited by Hoseok’s tight embrace. Jimin wanted to look back, but in the same time was too scared to do so. It all felt so incredibly stupid, he had Hoseok all for himself, drunk and willingly to play with him, but it still felt awkward to be touched by him in that way. It was all happening too quickly, Jimin wanted to cure himself from these feelings, but by reactions his body was giving, it wouldn’t be that easy. He was craving Hoseok’s presence, his affection and touch, but receiving it all at once, so suddenly and unexpectedly was way too overwhelming. Jimin managed to not drift away in Hoseok’s arms, trying to ignore tingly sensation in his heart area.

“You’re just…. you’re the only one, ok?” Hoseok said finally, or rather moaned softly right into Jimin’s ear, making him shiver in his embrace. Jimin could swear he was doing it on purpose, when the truth was that Hoseok was way too wasted to care about his voice and how he sounded to others. But when Jimin remained silent, giving him no answer at all, he got actually worried. He didn’t want to make Jimin mad, obviously, he thought it’d make him feel better, especially after their earlier talk.

“Heeyyyy…” Hoseok whined more insistently, and leaned more forward just to take a look at his dongsaeng’s face. It wasn’t helpful at all, as Jimin’s face was perfectly blank, his mouth gently opened, eyes glued to the window before him. He seemed to totally ignore what Hoseok had told him. But he couldn’t ignore it when his hyung started nestling his cheek against his, making a lot of inappropriate and weird noises, just like a needy pet he was, causing Jimin to burst out into quiet giggle, which just encouraged Hoseok to keep doing what he was doing. They were both laughing just a few seconds later, Jimin still squeezed between Hoseok’s arms.

“I don’t want anyone else but you.” the older boy said suddenly, stopping his little tortures and letting them both to breath. He could feel that Jimin wasn’t that tensed anymore, he was smiling cheerfully like always, his head slightly turned to the side so he could see his hyung. The atmosphere wasn’t that heavy anymore, even though they’re still stuck in a their friendly embrace. But when Jimin heard Hoseok’s words, he almost lost control of his body, only his hyung’s strong hands were keeping him in place and not allowing to fall. He thought the awkward talk is over, and then Hoseok hit him again with this confession. Jimin turned his head to face the window again, hoping that his hyung hadn’t noticed the slight glimpse of fear in his eyes. All Jimin could feel was Hoseok nestling his face back into curve of his neck, his warm breath ghosting against younger’s skins. Jimin had no idea what he should do in such situation. It was already too late to laugh it off, it looked like he had just ignored Hoseok’s words, and it made the situation awkward again. Or rather it was Hoseok who made it awkward. Maybe Jimin shouldn’t be so worried about his words? He knew his hyung is drunk, and when people are drunk they sometimes say … stuff. He probably won’t even remember what happened, and even if he will, then surely without such details.

“Yea, I should just let it slip and wait until he’s sober again. I’m probably over thinking it…” Jimin thought, letting out a deep sigh. He should probably say something, but the silence between him and Hoseok wasn’t even that weird. Jimin had to admit that besides weird circumstances, it was really nice having Hoseok that close, hearing nothing but their own, steady breathing. He let himself enjoy that precious moment, closing his eyes for a minute or two, relaxing his tensed body. But then he suddenly realized that his hyung’s arms weren’t hugging him that tightly anymore, and Hoseok’s breath became really calm and…

“Hyung, are you sleeping?” Jimin asked finally, trying to contain his laugh when he saw Hoseok’s face, eyes barely open, glued to Jimin’s face. “Do you want to stay here?” he added, but he regretted it almost immediately. It wasn’t a good idea, not at all. Having a drunk Hoseok over, walking around in his underwear and craving for physical contact may sounded good in Jimin’s fantasies, but not in reality. He was very lucky that his hyung was still awake enough to shake his head and let Jimin out of his grip.

“Nooo, just walk me home, ok?” he answered in sleepy voice, a bit hoarse already, and sent Jimin a soft smile before heading to the door. Jimin had never thought that seeing someone’s smile would make him that happy.

 

 

next day.

08:03

Jiminie, are you awake?

08:04

Yes, what’s up, hyung?

08:05 am

I think I have a hangover…

08:05 am

Why am I not surprised…

08:06 am

But you know what?

08:06 am

What?

08:06 am

I still think your cheeks are adorable~

08:07 am

And I think you’re still drunk, hyung.

08:07 am

Aish, I’m trying to be nice here…

08:08 am

Do you remember everything, though?

08:09 am

Yea, I think so. Why are you asking?

08:13 am

Just because.

08:14 am

Do you wanna hang out later? My last lesson ends at 4pm.

08:16

Is Tae coming with us?

08:17

No, but I can call him if you want to.

08:17

No, you don’t have to, just come over around 6.

08:19

Do you want me to bring anything? Food? Beer?

08:21

Just food. I’m not gonna let you in with alcohol.

08:25

Of course, mom~

08:27

Don’t you have children to teach?

08:27

-,-