... found out his best friend may be a Greek god.

That first time, when Jimin...

 

The disbanding of BTS changed a lot in members lives. Everyone got a chance to start another chapter in their life, to decide what to do next and live on their own. Their decisions were … surprising, but I can’t say they were unexpected. Namjoon left South Korea to start his career in the USA. Thanks to his contacts with American rappers it was the matter of time when he released his first solo album. Yoongi became the full-time producer, he was working with the most famous idols in Korea and, as he said himself, his biggest dream came true. But then we have Seokjin, who totally gave up his music career and… got married! All of the members were very happy for him and his wife, promising to visit their new family house as soon as possible. Jungkook surprised everyone the most and started his career as an actor (none on the members saw that coming, really!). He was still playing small roles in dramas and movies, but BTS members were almost sure that he’ll get his first big role soon. Taehyung didn’t left the music industry, but the clearly changed the genre of it. He was now a musical singer, he was performing in the biggest theaters in Korea, all thanks to his deep, beautiful voice. So, we can all be really proud of these boys, but they are not going to be our main characters here. We’re going to focus on only two of them, who – unlike the rest of the group – stayed together, still being friends. And don’t get me wrong, all of the members kept in touch and they even met from time to time when Namjoon was around in Korea, but only Hoseok and Jimin’s friendship remained strong.

Hoseok got a job in the big dance academy in Seoul, and Jimin became a model, but not the runaway one. He was modeling for fashion magazines and acting in some tv commercials, but he wasn’t a celebrity, he was able to live his peaceful live not worrying about the fans or other famous people’s problems. They both had their own apartments, and it was a nice change after living together in one dorm for all this time when they’re still a band. Hoseok’s one was spacious and modern, but not luxurious. He had everything he needed and nothing more. After disbanding of BTS, he started cooking and it quickly became his biggest hobby - after dancing of course, so it’s not a surprise that the kitchen was the main room in his house. It was a little different in Jimin’s apartment, which was much smaller than Hoseok’s. It was still very cozy tough, especially his living room, which contained a giant tv, a Playstation with tons of different games and the biggest couch you can imagine. It was their favorite place to hang out, playing games, drinking beer and eating fast food, so Hoseok was a frequent guest at Jimin’s place. Oh, I forgot about the Oliver’s pallet, made out of colorful planks with a big, fluffy cushion inside. Oliver was Jimin’s cat and was probably the best gift Jimin had ever gotten. Hoseok truly knew what to get to make him happy.

So now, as you all know a little bit about boy’s new lives, we shall start the main part of our novel. All you should remember throughout the story is that Jimin and Hoseok are best friends and they spend plenty of time together. They’re both healthy and eating well, working hard to earn money and enjoying little everyday things. Just like normal guys do.

Except the fact that they’re not just casual friends, and they’ll soon realize it. And it will change their lives once again.

___________________________________

 

“So what exactly do you want to cook?”

Jimin was focused more than ever while he was browsing through the internet, looking for a recipe easy enough to make it on his own. It wasn’t a surprise then that he didn’t even looked at Hoseok, who was standing right behind him, leaning against the back of the chair Jimin was sitting on and trying to contain his laugh. Somehow he couldn’t imagine to himself Jimin cooking anything on his own. But hey, he’s having a date tonight so it was obvious he wanted to make a good impression. Hoseok didn’t know this girl, but from what he knew about her it’s that it’ll be their eighth date, and that’s quite impressive if we’re talking about the love life of Jimin. He was dating some girls from time to time, but it always ended up after a month, maybe two. He clearly couldn’t find the right person, and Hoseok seriously doubted he knew exactly what he’s looking for in a girl. Sense of humor? Charisma? Passion? Or maybe it’s about the looks? Hoseok shook his head and focused at the computer screen again. Jimin wasn’t that shallow, he wanted something more than a nice body, for sure.

“I’m not sure…Is spaghetti ok? It seems to be quite easy, am I right?” Jimin turned around in his chair and looked up at his hyung. He could now see the big grin on his face and indulgent stare he was sending him. Maybe Jimin wasn’t the best chef in the city, but he was surely able to cook some pasta, right? His eyes suddenly became really dry and itchy, Hoseok could see how they’re turning red. Jimin quickly wiped off tears running across his cheeks. It’s all because of the sleepless night spent on playing video games. A few more of those and he’ll surely need glasses in near future.

“Yea, it isn’t hard at all, but I’m afraid you still won’t do it properly…” Hoseok replied with weak voice, shaky from trying to stop himself from laughing out loud. If he wasn’t Jimin’s best friend, his dongsaeng would be seriously offended. But Jimin knew his hyung is right and he’ll probably need his help in the kitchen. His date should be here in about 3 hours, and it’s even more than enough time to prepare the dinner and clean the flat. And Jimin will show that he can do everything on his own, Hoseok just have to watch him.

“Pfff, what’s that hard with cooking some pasta and sauce? Even child can do it…” he replied, trying to look as self-confident ad possible, making his way to shelves and searching for all of needed utensils. It looked more than adorable when he was trying his best reaching the highest shelves, not even thinking about asking Hoseok for help.

“Of course, chef, you can surely make it. But do you have everything you need? Like tomatoes, onions, ….” Hoseok took the chair Jimin had been sitting on earlier and watched the other boy carefully, counting on all the ingredients Jimin needed to make the dish. Younger’s moves suddenly became slower and his confidence disappeared completely. He turned around just to send Hoseok an irritated stare and mumble some cuss words before opening the fridge. It was almost empty as beside milk, some eggs and cheese Jimin really didn’t have anything in there. He suddenly felt embarrassed, not because he wasn’t prepared, but because Hoseok saw it and probably thought about him as the biggest fool in the world. Who invites a girl over without preparing everything before that? Jimin already had a headache. Wonderful start, Jimin, congratulations.

“I’ll write down the ingredients and you’ll go shopping, I’ll boil the water for pasta and maybe hoover carpets in the living room.” Hoseok knew exactly what to do, as always. His warm hand rubbing Jimin’s back was like a confirmation that as long as he’s here everything will be alright. Two minutes later Jimin was already out shopping with a list of everything he needed, leaving his flat in Hoseok’s hands. Before he came back his living room was much fresher and cleaner, Hoseok had opened all the windows to let some fresh air in and hovered all the carpets. The water for pasta was also already boiling.

“Wow, hyung, yo-“

“Have you seen your bathroom?” Hoseok cut him off, putting on yellow rubber gloves and disappearing in said room, his face was far from happy looking. “I know you’re a manly man, but you should clean it, if not for yourself, than for your date.”

If Hoseok wasn’t his best friend, Jimin would probably feel extremely offended and maybe a little embarrassed, but in that situation he just laughed out loud and peeked in the bathroom, watching his hyung trying to clean his mirror. It’s not the first time when Hoseok was cleaning Jimin’s flat. Sometimes, when he came up, he had to firstly clean the table or sweep the floor as “he won’t be sitting around all this trash and dust.”

“You such a wifey material, hyung!”

There flew one rubber glove hitting Jimin right in the face, after that went an old sponge hitting almost the same spot.

“I swear I’m going to kill you when I’m done!” Hoseok shouted after Jimin, who already run away back to the kitchen, unpacking the things he had bought and reading the recipe once again, just to make sure he won’t screw anything up.

Hoseok wasn’t really that offended, but the fact that he was still single was making him a little sad and worried. He wasn’t dating anyone as often as Jimin, so he had always felt somehow worse than his younger friend, especially in situation like that, when Jimin was dating another girl, and he himself was going to spend another evening alone. Maybe he could just steal Oliver for this one night? Yea, that was a good plan. Suddenly a loud sneeze came out of the kitchen.

“Bless you, Jiminnie!”

“Thanks…Hyung, I have a headache.”

“There’re some painkillers in my backpack.”

Hoseok could hear Jimin in the living room, searching through clothes and books in his bag. When he made sure Jimin was back in the kitchen and he took the pills, he leaned forward against the bathtub again and started cleaning carefully every inch of it, lost in his own thoughts, listening to Jimin singing quietly in the kitchen. Was he really that feminine? It was right that he liked when the house is clean and well-maintained, he liked cooking and spending time in kitchen or trying new restaurants in the city. But all these things weren’t making him less manly, right? He sighed deeply, finally finishing the bathtub and stretching a little bit. He already had a backahce after those few minutes of leaning forward. He sighed deeply and looked around, making sure the whole room is nice and clean. He was just taking off the rubber gloves when he heard a loud noise from the kitchen, followed by a loud scream and the worst cuss words he had ever heard. Hoseok was cursing with Jimin just a few seconds later, as his younger friend  had thrown the pot with boiling hot water off the cooker and almost the whole kitchen floor was covered with hot liquid and pasta. Hoseok of course hadn’t seen it and stepped right into it, burning his feet, and now he was sitting on the floor in the hallway, waving his legs in the air to cool them. Jimin in the same time was trying to sooth his burned hand with his own breath, blowing on it and making his way to his hyung, escaping the crime scene in the kitchen. After a minute or two they were both laughing their heads off, watching the disaster Jimin had made.

“See what happens when you try to cook alone? No food at all and two wounded men.” Hoseok said, looking at Jimin with a worried expression, calling him to come closer. The younger boy was acting like a little child, he didn’t want to show his burned hand, not even thinking about letting Hoseok touch it.

“Come here, we have to cool it.”Hoseok almost forced Jimin to get up from the floor and come with him to the bathroom where he put his now bright red hand under the stream of cold water. He completely forgot about his own burned feet. They didn’t hurt him anymore, so he’ll be surely fine.

“Awww, it’s freezing!” Jimin whimpered, watching carefully his own hand as he was looking for some open wound or scars. His eyes were red again and Hoseok noticed it. He put his palm on Jimin’s forehead, totally ignoring questioning stare he was giving him.

“I think you have a fever. Don’t you feel bad or something?”

Jimin looked a bit lost, but he nodded after a few seconds and sneezed loudly as for a confirmation of what had Hoseok said.

“I’m a bit tired.” he said with a weak voice as his hyung was already drying his burned hand with a towel, as carefully as he could. The thought of the mess he had to clean up in the kitchen was making him angry, but he couldn’t just leave Jimin on his own. He’s just a big child when he’s sick, so he would probably just go to bed not worrying about the disaster on the kitchen floor.

“What about the girl, then?” Hoseok asked, leading Jimin to the bed room. The burn on his hand wasn’t that bad, it was not sign of it already, so that’s the only bright side of the situation. “You should call her and say that you’re sick.” he added after a few seconds, drawing the curtains in the room. He was feeling even less manly then, but it wasn’t that important.  If he had to, he would became a full time nanny if Jimin needed it.

“Yea, yea. I’ll call her….” younger boy replied, following Hoseok around the room like his shadow and feeling like he could just fall asleep on the floor. “Could you….?”

“I’ll clean it up, don’t worry.”

Jimin just smiled in reply and quickly got into bed. He took every single pill Hoseok was giving him, not even asking what they were. They did work though, as they had put Jimin to sleep just in few minutes. In the meantime Hoseok took care of the kitchen. He cleaned up the pasta and thoroughly wiped the floor, making sure it’s clean and completely dry. He wasn’t sure why he felt so responsible for this big child Jimin was, but he somehow couldn’t imagine just leaving him in the situation like that. Maybe it’s because of all these years spent in their dorm as a band? Or maybe Hoseok was just too clingy and cared too much about other people? It wasn’t bad, though, right? That’s just what friends do for each other. They make you hot tea when you’re sick and clean up the pasta from the floor while you’re sleeping. Hoseok laughed to himself as he hadn’t even thought that his Saturday would be so interesting.

Then he heard a doorbell. Without really thinking who could have it been he rushed to the hallway and opened them. His stare was met by a pair of big, brown eyes slightly hidden behind a short fringe.

“Hello! I’m sorry, but I think I have a wrong address….” a girl started with an embarrassed smile, checking something on her phone. He was really pretty, Hoseok had to admit it. He could clearly see that she had put a lot of effort preparing for this date. She look gorgeous in her short, colorful summer dress and flower headband. “Is it apartment nr 23?” she asked after a few seconds, sending Hoseok another sweet smile.

“Yes, yes it is. But I thought Jimin had called you already.” he replied, trying to smile as politely as he could. It was sad that it was him who had to tell this poor girl that her date was now in bed, with a runny nose and a fever. “I think he may have a cold. He has gotten a fever earlier today, he said he will call you and cancel today’s date.”

“Oh, but he did not call me…” girl replied, not even trying to hide her irritation and disappointment. After a few seconds of silence she smiled at Hoseok once again and added. “Well, I hope he’ll be fine soon. Can you tell him to call me when he feels better?”

Hoseok smiled back at her and nodded before wishing her a great day and closing the door again. He felt really bad, but he was even more angry at Jimin. How could h-

“I’M SORRY HYUNG, I FORGOT TO CALL HER!”

The older boy just sighed deeply and walked towards the bed room. His dongsaeng clearly had enough of sleep as he was wide awake, playing on his phone with tissues stuck in his nostrils. Hoseok couldn’t help but laughed out loud before pulling them out.

“You’ll look like a pig if you keep doing so.” he warned his younger friend, still laughing. He should had taken a picture, it would look great in the frame, hanged on the wall. He checked his temperature again. Jimin still had a fever, but medicine seemed to work as he already looked much better. “Did you hear everything?”

Jimin nodded, not even moving his eyes from the screen. He really looked like a big child now.

“I’ll call her tomorrow.” he replied, and then sent Hoseok a mischievous smile. “Gaming night?”

Hoseok laughed again, shaking his head in refusal. It was a great idea indeed, but Jimin was a mess now and he should stay in bed until he feel better. He should had been expecting a proposition like that, though. Every time Jimin was sick he would invite Hoseok over just to accompany him and take care of him. It was just his style.

“You’re staying in bed, Jiminnie.”

“I can be in bed in the living room, a couch is big enough.” Jimin replied quickly, already getting out of bed and making his way to the living room, taking pillow and blankets with him. It had happened so quickly Hoseok didn’t  have a choice but follow him, grabbing some snacks from the kitchen and making some hot tea for his sick friend.

“Everything but this stupid racing game…..” Hoseok moaned loudly, making himself comfortable next to Jimin, who was wrapped up in every blanket he could found, his mouth already stuffed with cookies.

“I’m going to destroy you either way.”

 

_____________________________________

 

“You can stay for the night, really! Hyung, please, don’t leave me, I feel so bad, oh my god, I feel like I have a fever again…”

Maybe Jimin was a good model, but he clearly was a terrible actor. After a few hours of playing video games he seemed to forget about his cold. It was past midnight already and Hoseok was more than exhausted. All he wanted to do was to take hot shower and sleep in his cozy bed, without Jimin coughing and sneezing every fifteen seconds.

“Are you kidding me?” he replied, cutting off Jimin’s monologue and already putting on his jacket. He had never stayed the night before, and it seemed somehow weird. Maybe it was normal for girls, but mens? Nah, it didn’t seem right.

“Why not? I’ll go back to my bed, you can take the couch.” Jimin didn’t want to give up, so he escaped his blanket fort and caught  Hoseok in the hallway. “It’s Sunday tomorrow, we can sleep until late and then order some pizza for breakfast and play more video g-“ Jimin himself off with a loud sneeze which made Hoseok laugh again. Maybe his dongsaeng was right? It wasn’t a bad idea. And Jimin looked really bad, his fever didn’t want to go away and it seemed like the boy would have to stay in bed for a few more days. Maybe some homemade remedies could help? Hoseok smiled to himself and after a second of hesitation he took off is jacket again and came back to the living room with Jimin. His younger boy took away all his blankets from the couch, leaving the biggest one for Hoseok and brought him a cushion from the bedroom.

“Go to bed, I’ll check your temperature once again before you sleep.” older boy commanded, taking thermometer from the table and leading Jimin to the room. He made sure his friend is completely covered with blankets before checking if his fever had dropped. And it hadn’t. He will have to prepare dome homemade medicine the next day. Hoseok was a little bit worried now, but didn’t wanted Jimin to see it, so he lied to him that his fever is much lower than before.

“Hyung, don’t close the door.” Jimin shouted suddenly, when Hoseok was just about to close it. He turned around and send the younger boy a lenient look.

“Are you serious?”

Jimin covered his face almost completely from the embarrassment. He wasn’t scared of the darkness, he lived on his own for a long time now, so it was not about that. But it was the first time when Hoseok was staying the night and he wanted to hear him in the living room. He was curious if the by would snore, or maybe sleep-talk? It could be funny to hear it.

“Sometimes Oliver comes over to sleep on my bed.” it was Jimin who lied this time, using his cat as an excuse. Hoseok didn’t realized though, and left the door opened  before disappearing in the bathroom. Jimin was playing on his phone the whole time his hyung was taking the shower to stay awake, he didn’t want to fall asleep before saying good night. It was funny how excited he was about the simple fact that his friend staying the night. Just like a child, really.

“Good night, Jiminnie. Try waking me up before the 10 am and you’ll never get better.” Hoseok said from the living room, ending up with a short laugh, followed by Jimin’s giggles. He could clearly hear how Hoseok was wriggling on the couch trying to get comfortable, how he talked to Oliver to “politely move his fat from the cushion so he can sleep like a normal person” and how he sighed from frustration every time cat meowed. Jimin wanted to hear more of this, but he soon fell asleep. But Hoseok couldn’t do the same. Even though he was really tired. He could hear Jimin hoarse breathing and coughing through his sleep and it made him even more worried. But even that hadn’t kept him up all night. He felt asleep around the 2 am, but woke up an hour later. And to be more precise, it was Jimin who had woken him up.

“Hyuuung…” he moaned loudly from his bed, keeping his stare on the door, waiting for Hoseok to come. He didn’t know why he was so sure his hyung will come, but he was. And Hoseok did come, and made his younger friend speechless. And he did it so effortlessly, Jimin was surprised by his own reaction.

When Jimin saw him leaning over the door frame, he immediately hid whole face under the blanket, looking like a seeing the man for the first time. This man looked incredibly good, tough, wearing nothing but his black briefs, with bed hair, rubbing the rest of the sleep out of his eyes. Jimin had seen Hoseok shirtless hundreds of times before, but that time it felt different. The weak light from the street soaking between the curtains was lying soft shadows on Hoseok’s torso, highlighting his muscular arms and chest and…

“What’s wrong?” the older boy asked, not even surmising what impression he was making then. He didn’t feel embarrassed about his almost body, after living together in one dorm for such a long time it became normal.

“I feel I’m going to throw up , I’m sorry…” Jimin answered quickly, jumping out of his bed and rushing to the bathroom, leaving Hoseok lost and startled in the bedroom. He wanted to ask Hoseok for another portion of painkillers as his ache was aching again, but then he felt all the cookies, chips and other stuff bubbling in his stomach, wanting to come out. After hugging the toilet for almost fifteen and brushing his teeth for another ten minutes, he finally came back, just to see Hoseok sitting on his bed, already drifting away, rocking from side to side with closed eyes.

“Hyung, do you want to stay here?” Jimin said with a weak voice, and it was enough to wake Hoseok up and make him got up from Jimin’s spot. Before he left, he tucked his dongsaeng to sleep and checked his temperature again, feeling a slight relief as the fever had finally dropped. Without saying a word, he went back to the living room, letting the light from the street to slip over his back and tights, making Jimin shiver under his blankets. He had never noticed how well Hoseok looked without his clothes on.

Wait, what?

Jimin did not say a word about it the next day when he was eating the breakfast with Hoseok. Jimin did not even mention the state he had put him in the last night with his body and messy hair.

And Jimin did not mention the fact that he had been wide awake every single time Hoseok had come to check on him during the night.

And Jimin might, just might compared Hoseok to a Greek god in his head.

And he will never, ever admit it.