Constant Reminder (Baekyeol)

Drabbles of a K-Pop Shipper
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N Ok so i did end up editing it. ENJOY!

 

 

Summery: The day after Baekhyun visits the Share House, Chanyeol is pouting, avoiding Baekhyun at all costs. Fed up with his best friend NOT speaking to him, Baekhyun confronts him before he leaves to go back, only to disscover the reason is absolutly childish. And when Chanyeol demands compensation, Baekhyun has to remind himself that hes supposed to be dating Taeyeon.

Baekhyun's POV

Sometimes, Baekhyun has to remind himself. Remind himself, that he isnt supposed to hold Chanyeol's hand, that he isnt supposed to hug Chanyeol like he used to, that he is supposed to be dating Taeyeon.

So when he began to really miss Chanyeol, seeing as he was staying at the Roommate Share House, he had to yet again pinch himself and remember that Chanyeol is not his to miss. 'But its perfectly normal to miss your best friend. Right? But you and chanyeol arnt exactly friends are you? That doesnt matter, we were best friends before, were best friends now.'

He couldnt help himslef when Chanyeol called him and asked him when he was going to visit. Without thinking, Baekhyun said that evening. Without thinking, he spent an extra 5 minutes in front of the mirror before he left. Without thinking, he went to the house, not wasting time to call and let Chanyeol know he was coming.

He dealt with to consequences though. Being there without Chanyeol was beyond awkward. Being so close yet so far was the worst kind of torture. All he wanted was to see his best friend, or so he told himself. So when he finally heard the loud booming voice that he loved so much, he jumped up. And without thinking, he took Chanyeol's hand when the younger reached out for him upon seeing him, squeezing his fingers in a silent message, a message letting him know just how glad he was to see him.

He did a lot of things that night without thinking. He let Chanyeol talk him into getting choked by Gayeon. He let Chanyeol talk him into dancing Overdose with him, despite wearing the tight pants he was. He let Chanyeol talk him into showing a piece of his musical to the Roommates. He let his hand find its former home on Chanyeols thigh. He let himself fall into Chanyeol as he laughed. He said yes when they asked if wanted to spend the night. He let himself voice some of his romantic frustrations with Seho. Fortunately, when he was forced to leave, he was able to remind himself again and hold back when Chanyeol opened his arm, recieving Baekhyun's hand in his instead of the hug he so obviously wanted. Baekhyun didnt miss the disappointed frown that crossed his features, just like he didnt miss the younger linking their fingers together and squeezing before parting, another silent message, one that left Baekhyun reminding himself yet again 'im with taeyeon. Im with Taeyeon. Im with Taeyeon.' he repeated it over and over, a desperate mantra of a man on the verge of loosing his mind.

Despite his best attempts to hide it, Baekhyun didnt miss Chanyeol blatently ignoring him the next day. It was painstakingly obvious that the younger was avoiding him at all costs, even to the other members.

"What happend with you guys?" Sehun asked as they took a break from rehersal.

Baekhyun shrugged, not entirely sure himself why the giant was ignoring him.

"Did something happen last night at the Share House?" Chen asked

Baekhyun pursed his lips and looked at Chanyeol again, who was across the studio with his back to Baekhyun, adamettly conversing with Kai and Kyungsoo. "I dont know." he sighed. "Ill talk to him later."

Later came when they were all parting ways for lunch, seeing as some wanted one thing and some wanted others. Rather than call delivery and wait, which they didnt want to do, they split up. Baekhyun was starving, but when he saw Chanyeol still sitting on the floor of the rehersal room, he saw his window of oppertunity. "Ill catch up in a minute." he called to Sehun. The maknea glanced at Chanyeol then back to Baekhyun, a smirk crossing his lips before he turned and walked away.

Baekhyun took a deep breath before closing the door and locking it. Chanyeol looked up at that, finally making eye contact with Baekhyun for the first time all day. "Chanyeol, we need to talk." he said simply, making his way over to the younger.

Chanyeol crossed his arms and looked away.

Baekhyun nibbled on his bottom lip, thinking of any and every reason Chanyeol might be upset with him. "Is it something i said?" Nothing "Something I did?" No movement whatsoever. "Something I didnt do?" he tried, still nothing. For the first time since they met, Baekhyun could no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter