Just the Two of Us (Baekyeol One Shot)

Drabbles of a K-Pop Shipper
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chanyeol was just beginning to pant, his breaths making little puffs of steam in the early morning chill of las vegas when he jogged up to the store front, jogging lightly in place as he counted his heartrate, more for show than anything. When he finished, he dug in his pocket for his phone, turning the music pumping through his headphones off, but keeping the buds in, again for show more than anything. He did some arm extensions just for good measure before he rolled his neck and shoulders and walked into the store.


The bell above the door jingled as he entered. He smiled widely and nodded to the petite girl behind the register. The store itself was empty, both due to the dense desert surrounding them, seeing as It was at least 2 miles to the nearest civilization in either direction, and the time of day, 6:51 in the morning to be exact.


Chanyeol had been jogging here to this very store to get a drink every day for over 2 weeks now. So he knew that the people running the store were korean fugitives, crimnals that had found refugee in america and had been hiding here ever since. Or so the file he was given said. He knew there were at least 3 heavily outfitted SUVs in the garage around back behind the store, but he only knew that because of the thermal scans he got on one of his runs. He knew that the girl behind the counter was armed, judging by the way her arm always tensed under the counter everytime someone entered the store. But he only knew that because his partner had taught him what to look for over the many years they had been together. Chanyeol was the techy, weapons were definalty NOT his forte. But he knew how to shoot, a skill his partner had forced him into learning. It was thanks to his tech skills that he knew that they had been having some technical difficulties recently.


Chanyeol supressed a  pridfeul grin. He had been jamming their frequency for 2 dsays now. Having already mapped out the location of each and every camera, he was able to not only keep a clear image of his face off them, but he was also able to hack into their network. He had  complete control of their systems. Anytime they sent a message, he duplicated it and deleted the original before it could send. As it was, the kill switch was on his phone in his pocket. As soon as he sent the code, the entire network would shut down and a virus of his own creation would duplicate and delete everything.  All he had to do was wait for the right time.


He hummed to himself as he walked slowly down the snack aisle, seemingly eyeing the different snack bars and gummies. Chanyeol glanced at his watch. 6:54. He had one more mminute left. He reached out and pulled out a granola bar from the shelf before making his way to the coolers at the back. He was appearing to debate between water and gatorade when the roar of motor bike reached his ears. He glanced down at his watch. Right on time.


Curiously, he leaned back to peek out the window just in time to see the rider take his helmet off. He wore a black leather jacket, sinfully tight black skinny jeans and shiny black leather boots. Dark eyeliner his eyes completed the look.


Chanyeols jaw went slack, his eyes buggging out of his head because Damn if that wasnt the iest thing he had ever seen. The rider tossed his hair back and placed his helmet on the handle before he swung off the bike, giving chanyeol the perfect view of his in those jeans.
The rider walked in confidently, the girl behind the counter follwing him with her eyes. She smirked and leaned forward, revealing her cleavage. "What can i do for you handsome?" she said seductivly.


The rider just smirked and eased a folded up bill in her shirt front. "Gimme 20 in gas Gorgeous." he said, just as seductivly, adding a wink at the end as he walked towards the coolers, her eyes following him hungrily.


He paid Chanyeol no mind as he reached into the cooler and pulled out a water bottle before heading back up the counter, where the girl was waiting patiently.


Chanyeol rolled his eyes and pulled out a gatorade, tucking it under his arm. He pulled out his phone and typed up a message as he walked slowly to the front counter, where the girl was now sitting on top of the counter, adamentally flirting with the rider. Chanyeol just rolled his eyes and sent the code.


He tapped his foot impatiently as they continued to shamelessy flirt with one another. Chanyeol wished his code woudl hurry up already, this was getting seriosuly irratating. He heaved a sigh as he waited.


Just as he was about to snap and shoot the girl himself, a big beefy man burst through the swinging doors behind the counter and stomped towards them. He whispered something in her ear, earning a gasp before she turned back the rider with a pout. "Im so sorry baby but we gotta close." she whined, ig his cheek with her forefinger.


He just pouted. "Aw. Come on. Can i at least get what i paid for?" he drawled, leaning in closer


She smirked. "Just for you hot stuff." she whispered as she leaned forward. They probably would have kissed, if not for the beefy man behind her clearing his throat. "Ill set it up for you." she said, with a roll of her eyes.


The Rider chuckled and left the store with a wink. As he pumped his gas, Chanyeol laid his purchases on the counter. He wasnt really surprised when they were pushed back.


"Sorry. Were closing early today." she said monotone, her face void of all emotion, save some annoyance at his presence.


Chanyeol frowned. "Oh so pretty boy can get whatever he wants and i just have to leave?"


"Yup." she said boredly, looking down at her watch.


While her eyes were averted, chanyeol quickly glanced outside to see the rider NOT at his bike. "I refuse to leave." he said stubbornly, crossing his arms across his chest. "If 'Hot Stuff' can get taken care of before closing so should i. I WAS here first."


She narrowed her eyes. "Excuse me?" she said lowly.


Chanyeol shrugged. "I said im not leaving. Not until you let me make my purchases."


She narrrowed her eyes dangerously. "The store is closed. Get out. Now." she said lowly, the warning in her voice not unnoticed.


Chanyeol stuck his nose in the air like a child not getting his way, making as big a seen as possible, giving his partner time to set the explosives in the garage. "Absolutly not. Not until i get my purchases." he tunred and uncrossed his arms, yelling now "I am trying to give you money! Whats it gonna take? Cuz im not leavig here until you do."


She opened to respond but was cut off when shouts came from the back, followed closely by gunshots. Chanyeol cursed, his heart pounding as he pulled out his gun from his waist holister hidden under his baggy shirt, aiming it at the girl. His partner must have been found out. It was only a matter of time now before they were either caught and killed, the bombs disengaged, or both. Either way, the mission was failed. There was no way they coul do the intended damage without the element of surprise. He just hoped he was ok. Chanyeol didnt know what he would do if he lost him. 'Please be alright.'


Before either the girl or her beefy body guard could fully comprehend his newfound posession of a gun, the motorbike rider appeared behind them, hitting the man in the back of his neck with the of his gun. he crumbled to the floor with a loud thud.
Chanyeol sighed softly with relief. "Timber!" his partner called with a smile.


She whirled around, only to stare in shock at the scene. "Sorry Princess." he shrugged with a lopsided grin. She growled and lunged for her gun, hidden under the counter. "Ah ah ah." he scolded lazily, pointing his own pistol at her. She froze as the barrel hovered in front of her forehead as he reached down and took the gun from its hiding place. "How long have you been with them?" he asked seriously, the gun still pointed at her face.


"Baek." Chanyeol said warningly. They didnt have time for this. It was a possibility, very small possibility since he had control of all their communicatiosn, that more of them were on their way here now. Or that the others in the back could be making their way up. EIther way, they needed to leave. Now.


"How long?" he asked again, his eyes narrowed seriously.


"about a year." she stated, starig down the barrel of the gun in front of her face.


"Baek." Chanyeol tried again. THey really needed to go. The mission had failed, the longer they remained, the more likely they were to be caught.
He just ignored him. "Get out now. Get out of the store. leave town. Get out now. This is your only chance." baekhyun said lowly, before lowering his gun and walking quickly out the door. Chanyeol slowly backed out, keeping his pistol trained on the girl until he had wedged the door open with his foot. As soon as he lowered the gun, the girl lunged for the back doors. But Chanyeol was already out the front and clambering onto the back of the bike. They were pulling out, dirt and rocks flying, when the girl ran out, a rifle in her hands.


"SHOTS!" Chanyeol yelled over the roar of the bike. Baekhyun weeved in and out as the girl fired at them. Chanyeol turned and watched as her retreating form threw the gun down and stomped her foot angrily. "Haha! SHes all out!" he shouted. He felt Baekhyun chuckle before he revved the engine and shot forward. Chanyeol yelped at the sudden increase in speed and squeezed him tighter around the waist. Baekhyun just laughed again.


Chanyeol glared at the back of his helmet. 'He did that on purpose.' He smirked as he scooted closer, his knees brushing against Baekhytuns thighs, his chest firmly pressed into his back. He laughed when he felt him stiffen under his hands. The moment was short lived however when they heard an explosion.  Chanyeol turned to see the store up in flames. "YEAH! We did it! It worked!"


"You doubt me?" Baekhyun shouted.


Chanyeol rolled his eyes, a feat of its own with his hair whipping wildly around him, but smiled none the less. He turned back to make sure they got all the SUVs, so he was dissappointed when one tore out of the inferno, kicking up dirt as it sped away from the scene. "One made it through!" he called to his partner. "We need to move faster and get better cover. Lets go get Angela!" Baekhyun nodded and revved the engine again.


Angela was waiting a few more miles out, behind a giant billboard just off the interstate. The sleek black Pontiac Firebird was loaded down with all their things they had used to stake out the shop. Baekhyun pulled up beside her, chanyeol leaping into action before the bike was at a full stop. "A bike? Really Baekhyun?" he asked as he bent down to retrieve his key from the tiny lock box hidden under the frame.


Baekhyun tore off his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter