III

Oasis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Oasis

 

They've got all the right friends in all the right places
So yeah, we're going down
They've got all the right moves and all the right faces
So yeah, we're going down

 

"Youngjae?"

The gentle voice pierces through the silence as the ceiling spins, the urge to vomit still strong within Youngjae's guts. The water ripples past his neck, almost reaching his lower lip, and it gifts him with the illusion of buoyancy. He briefly imagines himself as one of the dead floating down the sea, decomposing along with all the shame from the sin he has commited.

He ignores Minki's call and grabs the scrub, those used to scrub tiles instead of delicate skin. Red stings all over his body, some of his skin peeling and minuscule amounts of blood dispersing into the soapy water. It has been around three hours since he has been in the tub, laying limp without any form of lucidity despite the eerie silence.

The shadow of Daehyun's touch lingers and Youngjae widens his eyes upon recalling Daehyun buried deep inside him, the feeling swelling through his chest. Youngjae frantically bashes through the sensation of bliss and euphoria, condemning himself with repeated chants of how sickening he has become. He roughly drags the scrub over his thighs, clawing more angry marks over.

"Youngjae." Their bathroom does not have a lock, this being an apartment designed specially for couples. Youngjae had decided it was all or nothing—if they were going to act like a couple, they would cover all their bases without leaving a hint of doubt. Still, they of course respect one another's privacy, knocking before entering.

Youngjae knows if he doesn't answer, Minki would take it upon himself to come in, so he clears his throat. A feeble croak escapes his lips, "What?"

Minki's voice comes muffled from the other side of the door. "You've been in there for a very long time. Are you okay?"

Far from it. The small tides that splash out of the tub carry along the haunting memories of that particular day where he had been exposed to be only a lowly, filthy omega. The thought instantly makes Youngjae bite his lips, tears of frustration pricking at his eyes. The helplessness burns and he wonders if he'll ever be able to escape the trashy life all Omegas have to go through.

It has been three days since Youngjae had met Daehyun. It's laughable how he had been outed in a mere split second the moment Daehyun came, when he had deluded himself into thinking he was on top of the world and would never let himself be dragged down to the hell he was condemned to from birth.

"Yeah." Youngjae leans back and shuts his eyes, snapping it open once the darkness provides a canvas for him to redraw his memories. Arched back, spread legs, shallow breaths and lewd, obscene moans. Youngjae grits his teeth and scrubs harder, the bristles scratching into his skin.

It's still unbelievable how he had made it home in one piece. Of course, he had Daehyun to thank, since he granted him mercy and let him live. He had instructed his secretary to clean Youngjae up and let him recuperate, Youngjae supposing he should have been grateful since Daehyun knew it was his first mating. Youngjae had, however, stumbled off the couch once Daehyun had left, frantically picking up his clothes and begging Yongguk to let him go. He had promised he would never show his face ever again in front of Daehyun and pleaded Yongguk to pass on the message. Youngjae smelled of then, he smelled of his boss, he smelled of Daehyun and he nearly threw up in the midst of shakily putting his clothes back on.

Yongguk had smiled assuringly and asked him if he wanted to rest a while first before heading home. Youngjae had nearly broken his neck snapping up from his kneeling position, in disbelief that Yongguk could offer it so easily like he was just a friend stopping by. He had gathered Youngjae's things and led Youngjae out through the back door, flagging a cab for him. Youngjae had struggled to bite back his sobs, his entire life having fallen apart in just a day. He had lost to those disgusting Alphas; not only did his facade crumble, leaving no room for his concrete achievements to go, but he had also been ed by an Alpha.

The worst thing was that he had not put up a fight. He had agreed and let Daehyun take him, and even now, the pleasure still stuns his mind.

There's really no escape. Youngjae winces when the spikes slice through his skin, drawing fresh blood from the raw skin. The door clicks open and Youngjae snaps his head towards the door, Minki peeking in worriedly.

"Minki, I didn't say you could come in," Youngjae growls, covering up the more prominent scratches on his skin. Minki parts his lips to speak but the shock takes over him, Minki hurriedly pacing over.

"Youngjae," Minki gasps, giving Youngjae a horrified once over before wrenching the scrub out of Youngjae's hand. Youngjae shrieks and clambers for it, the two of them wrestling over the bloody object. Minki manages to pry it out and flings it out of the toilet, the scrub landing with a dull thud. Youngjae glares at Minki while the other struggles to speak, forlornly gazing at Youngjae.

"I'm so sorry," Minki breathes, "I'm so sorry I didn't come in earlier." He Youngjae's cheek and Youngjae instinctively recoils, hissing at Minki. "What are you talking about?" He rebounds. "Get out, Minki. I want to shower."

"Youngjae, you've got to stop this-"

"Shut up, Minki," Youngjae snaps, his uncustomary, vehement tone making Minki flinch. Youngjae was not one to be angered easily, and he prided himself on being cool-headed as it was a trait that ultimately helped him all the way to where he is—or was, to be more appropriate. Silence floods the room as Youngjae turns away, boring his eyes through the porcelain white wall.

"Youngjae," Minki starts after a long while. "Stop this. Just accept it."

The rage churns through Youngjae along with the turmoil, recollections of Daehyun ing him over the d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter