Chapter 23

My Girl (Sequel)

Chapter 23

 

My blood was rushing to my head and I could feel my whole body heating up from the sudden adrenaline. Jung Ah was standing there in front of me, but instead of looking apologetic, to my disappointment, she looked annoyed and furious. I should have been feeling that way, but instead, I was feeling apologetic because I knew her intentions, but I couldn’t accept it either.

“Why are you two looking at each other like that?” Jae Hyun asked as he walked to the side to look at the both of us. He crossed his arms and shook his head. “I don’t like this. What’s going on?”

“It’s none of your business, Jae Hyun.” Jung Ah scoffed, but I couldn’t help but let out a bigger scoff, causing the two of them to look at me like I was out of my mind. “What’s so funny?”

“Do I have to remind you?” I asked, arching an eyebrow as I stared at Jung Ah, who rolled her eyes at me.

“What are you even doing here?” She asked, ignoring me.

“Does it matter?” I replied before I started to walk past her, brushing her purposely.

“What the hell is your problem?!” She shouted at me as she turned around to look at my turned back. “Why do you always make everything about you and why are you blaming me for your own actions?!”

That’s it. I was at the edge of my emotions especially with Jung Ah. I already told her how I’ve been feeling since the day I had gotten back here in South Korea and she was acting like the victim. Everyone was acting like they were the victim in my situation and it was getting out of hand. I turned around and looked at her, feeling my tears at the rim my eyes. I looked her dead in the eye and watched as her mad face turned into a sad one. She started crying.

“You have no right to start crying. I’m the one who’s hurt, Jung Ah.” I retorted as I wiped my tears with the back of my hands. I noticed Jae Hyun was slowly making his way out of the room, leaving the two of us alone. “You’re supposed to be my best friend and let me know everything that was going on here when I left to Canada. I’m disappointed in you. I’m disappointed that I had a friend, who I thought I could trust, but in the end, couldn’t even trust at all.”

“I’m sorry, okay? Even if we’re best friends, couldn’t you see it from my point? I was trying to be a friend to Se Hun too and I wanted to respect him as a person and not say anything or get involved.” Jung Ah cried out. She didn’t bother wiping her tears that were dripping down from her jawline. “I wanted to tell you. I really, really wanted to, but they told me to wait and I did. You can’t just blame me for all that’s happened between the two of you.”

It was half true. She was only trying to be a good friend as well, but I still felt betrayed and I couldn’t help the feeling. I just felt like she knew so much and kept it from me. It was hurtful.

“I know in the past, I’ve done things like set the two of you up, but I haven’t even done it in awhile. I don’t even remember the last time I told him where you were.” She laughed as she cried and it was quite sad to see her be like this, but in all of what she had just aid, I wasn’t surprised. “I just wanted things to work out between the two of you. You two were so good together and I’ve never seen you so happy and I know what I did was wrong, but I still want to be there for you. You’re my best friend, Soo Jin, but that doesn’t mean everything always has to be between us.”

I took a deep breath and bit my lips together. I had to think. I didn’t want to say anything I didn’t mean because she was right, for once. I didn’t want this to deteriorate our friendship especially since this wasn’t supposed to break us apart like this.

“And what happened yesterday between you and Se Hun had nothing to do with me, I promise. I didn’t even know he’d be there. That whole day, I’ve been trying to contact you and when I got there, he just happened to walk out and I just happened to walk in. It was a coincidence.” She muttered, walking over and grabbing my hand.

“I know.” I said under my breath.

“Then why the hell were you so mad at me for?!” Jung Ah said a little too loud, it caused my ears to ring, but at least she noticed it. “Sorry.”

“I’m stressed, Jung Ah. I have a wedding I’m trying to plan and here my ex is, trying to come back and make me rethink twice about how I’m truly feeling or what the hell I freaking want. I was positive I wanted to get married to Jin Hyuk. I was positive, but the minute I stepped on that plane and the root of this place and saw him again, I realized maybe I wasn’t as positive as I kept remind myself.” I shook my head as sighed. “Then with all these other things happening around me, trying to figure out why we had broken up in the first place and figuring out the true or real reason by to why Se Hun had let me go was overwhelming, but you want to know what was the most overwhelming of all?”

“What?” She whispered.

“It’s that when he came to see my yesterday, it wasn’t to remind me of the feelings I once had for him. It was to let me know that he no longer was going to try to win me back. He was no longer going to try to remind me that I still loved him and I want him back and that this whole time, I wasn’t ready even though I thought I was.” I started crying and Jung Ah pulled me into a hug. “How ridiculous do I sound right now? Isn’t it so dumb of me to feel this way when this is what I wanted after all?”

As I cried into Jung Ah’s shoulder, she slowly rubbed my back trying to make me feel better. It felt nice knowing I could finally lean on someone, but it was so hard. It was so hard letting someone see me at my most vulnerable state. I wasn’t supposed to be feeling this way and I felt guilty about it. I hated myself and everything that’s happened the past few couple of months I’ve been here.

“Wait, hold the up.”

I looked up from Jung Ah’s shoulder to see Kai standing there with his arms crossed, as usual, and Baek Hyun and Jae Hyun were on either side of him.

“Oh god, did you guys hear all that?” I asked quietly and they all nodded.

“What the do you mean he’s no longer scouting you?” Kai asked bluntly, causing Baek Hyun to nudge him. “Ow? What the , Baek Hyun!”

“Don’t you have any freaking filter, Kim Jong In?” Baek Hyun shook his head as Kyung Soo slowly made his way over to them.

“What’s going on here?” He asked looking at all over with his big eyes. “I just heard Kai swearing and thought there was a problem.”

“He’s the problem.” Jae Hyun scoffed.

“I’m not the problem here.” Kai narrowed his eyes at Jae Hyun before looking back at me and Jung Ah.

“Why are you looking at us like we did something wrong?” Jung Ah asked, furrowing her eyebrows. “We were trying to have a girl talk here.”

“Not that I was listening on to the two of you making up over your own stupid actions, but what is up with you,” he pointed at me with his finger. “saying that Se Hun is no longer scouting you?”

“No one was scouting anyone!” I retorted pouting.

“Are you going to answer the question or not?” Kai asked, annoying me and everyone else around us.

“Okay, to answer your question, no one was scouting anyone in the first place. Se Hun was trying to win Soo Jin back, but then he realized that he no longer had the right to do so because Soo Jin is getting married to Jin Hyuk, who is indeed, a great man.” Jae Hyun clasped his hands together as he spoke for everyone in the room. “Our Se Hun is just trying to be respectful in every way possible, even if he wasn’t to begin with, but I’m sure he’s realized it now that what he has been doing was wrong and what we have been doing was also wrong.”

“I knew you guys were all in on this.” I rolled my eyes at them all.

“We were just rooting for you guys.” Baek Hyun shrugged.

“Yeah, what a sad love story it was. Se Hun seemed to have tried and lost a lot of things just to make you happy, Soo Jin.” Kyung Soo pouted cutely. “I’m sorry things didn’t work out the way they should have.”

“And are you okay with all that?” Kai asked, finally seeming more sympathetic towards me. “Are you not hurt at all? Does this not bother you? Do you not want to go over to wherever the hell that stupid gangster kid is and not punch him in the face?”

“I would firstly like to punch you all in the face for going along with whatever he wanted you guys all to do, especially Lu Han… He always makes me feel like without even trying.” I chuckled quietly as everyone nodded their heads in agreement. “This is not what I expected when I came here. It’s really taking a toll on me and maybe I just need a break from all this.”

“Oh no, don’t tell me you’re running away again.” Kai shook his head.

“No one’s running anywhere.” I retorted back at him with a little bit of attitude. “But time to myself would be great even if that means I need a vacation.”

“Does that mean you’re debating on whether you want to marry Jin Hyuk?” Kyung Soo asked quietly, but it was loud enough for all of us to hear.

I looked at Kyung Soo and slowly smiled. “I wasn’t even thinking close to breaking of the marriage because of what happened between me and Se Hun.”

“Then what would you need a break from?” He asked. “Are we all overwhelming you?”

“No, I’m overwhelming myself.” I replied, shaking my head slowly.

“We’ll always be here for you.” Baek Hyun said with a warm smile. “I’m sorry things turned out this way, but we have never betrayed you in any way.”

Kai just nodded his head.

“Thanks guys…” I said as took a deep breath and walked out of Jae Hyun’s restaurant finally.

 

 

**

 

When I got home, I quickly got onto my laptop and looked for the cheapest and fastest flights out. Where would I go at a time like this? It wasn’t too cold out, so anywhere would be fine, but I wasn’t financially stable for somewhere across the whole world. I mean, I was, but I wanted to save it for my wedding or maybe even my honeymoon with Jin Hyuk.

As I tapped my chin and scrolled through the internet to find a place to go, I felt someone’s hand squeeze my shoulders, causing me to jump out of my skin. I didn’t even know anyone was in the house or even behind me. I turned around and saw Jin Hyuk looking down at me with a warm smile. He laughed a little before he pulled the chair out beside me and sat down.

“I’m sorry I scared you, Soo Jin.” He leaned over and kissed my cheek lightly. “I didn’t think you were that focus to not even have noticed I walked past you a couple of times already.”

“Sorry…” I sighed as I smiled. “I was just trying to figure out where I could go for a mini vacation.”

“Mini vacation? Alone?” He asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

I nodded my head.

“Why would you need a mini vacation for?” He asked pinching my cheek.

“I just… I’m sorry.” I said as I pulled him into a quick hug. “I just really, really want some time alone.”

“Are you having cold feet?” Jin Hyuk leaned back in his chair and narrowed his eyes at me.

“What?! No! Oh my goodness. I just need some me time, Jin Hyuk.” I waved my hands denying the ‘cold feet’ assumption.

“Okay, okay.” He nodded his head with a chuckle. “I also need to talk to you about something.”

“What is it…?” I asked.

“I know I told you I was going to put you and everything else ahead of work, but my company wants me back at the headquarters this upcoming weekend since I’m a country away so we can discuss a few things.” Jin Hyuk sighed as he reached out and grabbed my hands. “I’m so sorry, Soo Jin. I know –”

“Go, Jin Hyuk.” I leaned in and kissed him. “I want you to go. Besides, I’m going on a vacation so this would be perfect timing, don’t you think?”

“Thanks for being so understanding.” Jin Hyuk kissed my forehead for a good second before pulling me into a hug. “I’m so happy to be marrying someone who is so kind and patient with me. I love you so much, Soo Jin.”

“Me too…” I whispered as I hugged him tighter feeling somewhat guilty about the way he said this. But my biggest concern right now was where I was going to go on a mini vacation and then I thought of it.

Busan.

 

 



Author's Note: Hello everyone! It has been awhile since I've updated, hasn't it? I had a busy month celebrating birthdays and my own with everyone and studying for exams TT.TT, but now it's over. Okay, not exactly over, but for awhile it will be. Thank you for the supportive and wondeful comments! I enjoy reading them all. Hehe. By the way, I have bought my tickets to see EXO in LA at the end of April! Who is going and would like to say hi to each other? Keke.