Chapter 21

My Girl (Sequel)

Chapter 21

 

Se Hun looked at me in distress after we parted from the hug, causing me to be a little bit uncomfortable. His eyes glistened against the light that was up above us, making it clear that he was indeed crying. I had to look away. It hurt seeing him like that, but I couldn’t do anything about it anymore. Or at least I didn’t think I should say a word about it, so I stepped down from the podium that I stood on and walked passed him, only to feel his cold fingers wrap around my wrist.

“Soo Jin, please…” He whispered desperately, making my heart ache even more than it already has. Why was it that every time he said my name, it made my body seem so weak, like the muscles in my legs were giving up on me to hold me up? “Why do we keep doing this to ourselves?”

That was the stupidest question I’ve heard. How could he ask a question so obvious that even my parents knew? Was it wrong for me to feel this way? I don’t believe so. I couldn’t help it. They were feelings that were still lingering inside me since the day I left and I had to admit, they were eating me up from inside out since then.

“Soo Jin…” His voice broke the two minute silence.

“I’m sorry.” Was all I could say...

After all these years of being heart-broken and wondering what was the truth behind our break up, I’ve finally heard it. I finally got what I wanted, but why do I feel completely empty about it? Did he think I’d come crawling back to him just because he finally told me the truth even though he knows what a mess I’ve become because of this? Okay, I might have, but then I had to think about how long I’ve waited for this day, the day where I’d get married to someone else and not the old Oh Se Hun, who was standing before me.

But here I was, looking at the man I once loved and how hard it was to even keep eye contact with someone I was dying to see again.

“I love you, Soo Jin.” Se Hun took a step back before wiping his face with the back of his hands, letting out a small mischievous smile.

“Se Hun, I –”

“I didn’t come here to win you back.” Se Hun’s sudden words hurt more than the reason to why he broke up with me. I felt myself fall a little, but I had to hold myself up. I couldn’t let him see what he did to me with just those few simple words. He knew he still had a big part of me tied around his fingers. “I-I c-came here to say…”

I looked in the eyes deeply, wondering what was going through his mind as he said the last word of his sentence.

“Congratulations.” He finally said.

I didn’t know how to feel. I felt like the room was spinning and my body was really weighing me down now. He stood there across from me with tears strolling down his now rosy cheeks. My throat hurt. It was crying out and I couldn’t help but let out a small yelp as I felt hot tears streaming down to the point where my neck ended.

Before I could utter a word to Se Hun, he quickly turned around and walked out of the room, leaving me there confused and hurt. I stood there emotionless, finally falling to the ground, feeling my heart grasp at my chest, trying to find its way out of there before it would suffocate with the acute heart-break that it was having. I reached towards my chest as I felt it tightening and could feel all the tears finally falling.

Was this it? Was this our final break up? Shouldn’t I have been happy? Isn’t this what I wanted? Then why was I crying and why did my heart ache inside so much? I felt like I was falling apart slowly.

“Soo Jin, are you in there?”

 

**

 

Jung Ah stood across from me with her arms crossed with an arched eyebrow. She was examining me from head to toe, wondering why the hell I looked a mess in such a beautiful dress, but I was more than a mess. I was angry at her. I was thinking about choking her at any minute, but I thought I’d cool myself down. There were too many things going on right now.

“What happened?” She finally asked, letting out a long sigh that she seemed to have keeping in for a while. “Actually, why the hell was Se Hun here?”

I raised an eyebrow this time.

“What?” She looked appalled. “Oh my god, I am not the one who invited him here! I was already having a hard time finding my way here.”

“You’re a .” I spatted out as I rolled my eyes at her.

“What? Why? What did I do?” She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. “I told you –”

“How could you not tell me that Jin Guk was not Se Hun’s son?!”

Jung Ah’s mouth fell ajar and I knew she knew she had finally gotten caught and it angered me even more because she was supposed to be my best friend and yet, here she was, keeping a secret from me – a secret that made me look freaking stupid and ridiculous in front of Se Hun.

“W-who’s Jin Guk?” She stuttered, irking me even more.

“How could you?! You’re my best friend, Jung Ah!” I yelled more than I should have. “You are supposed to be honest with me and keep me updated with these kinds of things when I’m no longer in the country!”

She bit her lip guiltily. “I’m sorry, Soo Jin. I couldn’t.”

“Why not?!”

“I promised everyone and Se Hun that I wouldn’t utter a word.” She muttered under her breath.

I scoffed. Jung Ah had the biggest big mouth and everyone knew that, but she kept this from me. It was ridiculous.

“Soo Jin –”

“You’re unbelievable.” I shook my head and pushed past her.

“Wait –”

“You’ve made me look stupid in front of everyone. You’re supposed to have my back, not Se Hun’s or anyone else’s, but I guess you don’t care, do you?” I was glad I was turned the other way. I didn’t want to look at her, knowing it’d probably piss me off even more.

“Are you serious, Soo Jin?” She asked, her voice soft-spoken.

“Don’t.” I turned around and held a hand up to stop her from following me. “You’ve done enough since I’ve been back. This was a big mistake…”

Jung Ah shut and pressed her lips together as she watched me start to walk away. As I turned around and went to grab my clothes and other belongings, I could feel my anger turn into grief.

I hated myself.

 

**

 

I slumped into an open seat in Lu Han's cafe as I pulled my phone out to check the missed messages I had. I had a lot of missed calls from Jin Hyuk and most of the missed text messages were from him asking where I was and if I was okay. I took deep breath before flipping my phone back over so it would lay face flat onto the wooden table. I shouldn’t even be here, but I couldn’t help it.

My heart was beginning to weigh me down again. I turned my face so I was facing the window and watched as people walked by and stared at me as if I was crazy and a little odd. I don't blame them. I would have reacted the same way, but I couldn't help it. I didn't care how they felt about me. I... I was trying to figure out how I felt about myself and what I was going to do with my life.

It was a complete mess. I was a complete mess.

As I closed my eyes, I could hear the people around me drown me in with their stupid and annoying conversations. Oh? You have a better brand of shoes than your so-called friend and so you decide to call them out on it? Your life shouldn't be revolved around money. You'll lose people that way. Oh, let's not ignore the crying baby in the corner of the cafe and the mother is too busy talking on the phone about how she needs to get her nails done. Please take care of your baby first.

I reached up and pulled at my hair, wondering why I was always such a negative person when it came to things like this, but I guess I was always annoyed with every little thing whenever I was annoyed with myself. I slowly pulled myself back up before facing Lu Han, who looked rather intrigued by the way I looked. He had his arms crossed and he was leaning back in the chair as if he's been waiting for me to notice him. He reached for the cup of coffee he had in front of him and pushed it towards me, nudging his head, telling me to take it.

"What are you doing?" I asked as I grabbed the ceramic cup and felt the warmth spread across my numb fingers. "Are you pretending to be nice now that you know I know about everything?"

Lu Han shrugged, as if he didn't care. "Look, you were going to have to find out sooner or later because no one was going to tell you."

"And why the hell not?" I burst out. I lowered my head and sighed, running my fingers through my nappy, stressed hair in embarrassment. "I just don't understand why none of you... Including Jung Ah..." I looked back at Lu Han and he actually looked apologetic towards me. I hated it.

"We promised him we wouldn't say a word and as his friends, we kept it." Lu Han uncrossed his arms before he started to lean towards me onto the table. "But you're already an idiot, as Se Hun would like to say, so seeing you make yourself even more of an idiot than you already are was frustrating. I couldn't stand it."

Lu Han was always surprising. I never knew if he honestly liked me as a person sincerely or secretly hated me, but he still wanted me to be treated fairly. I was always confused and to this day, I still am.

"Are you saying that Se Hun wanted me to think that he had a child?" I closed my eyes for a second before opening them again. "Why did he pretend -"

"He didn't pretend to have a child, Soo Jin, but Jung Ah said you thought he had a child so we said we wouldn't say anything because Se Hun never told you why he broke up with you and -"

"So you all wanted me to think that he broke up with me because he cheated me and had a child with someone else?" I felt appalled.

"Soo Jin..." Lu Han whispered as he clasped his hands together. "You don't get it..."

"Yeah, I don't, so why don't you tell me?!" I could feel my tears trying to seep out, but I had to hold them in. Lu Han's the last person I want to see me cry right now.

Lu Han lowered his head with a sigh before looked me back in the eyes with his doe eyes. "Se Hun loves you, Soo Jin. He loves you so much, but it can't happen anymore. It shouldn't happen..." He bit his bottom lip, as if he felt like these words were stinging his own heart. "You're getting married to someone else. You've fallen in love with someone else and Se Hun shouldn't be stopping you. It's wrong not only for you, but think about Jin Hyuk, Soo Jin..."

Jin Hyuk... I never thought about his feelings when it came down to this. I only thought about myself because I was so drowned in with all these different types of feelings and sudden news that I had forgotten about him, but he was so buy. I barely saw him and it was hard. It was hard to even think about how he would feel, but that was me being selfish... Jin Hyuk was doing something he needed to do and here I was, throwing myself all over the place.

The first tear rolled down and I could feel the small burning sensation as it reached my upper cheek and towards my jawline. Before I knew it, I started crying. Lu Han didn’t say a word. I'm sure he understood, but he didn't leave me. He sat there like a friend I needed and wanted and watched as I slowly broke down. I was always crying. I was sick of it, but what else can I do?

As I lowered my head to cry into my arms, Lu Han grabbed the cup of coffee from my hands and let me cry like a baby. I could hear murmurs of girls talking about how I probably got dumped by Lu Han. I wanted to laugh out loud, but I was too filled with my own emotions that I didn't have the energy to.

I heard a sudden tap beside me. It was a tap on the window and as soon as there was another tap, I could hear Lu Han suddenly shift himself, as if he was sitting up straight, like he got caught doing something wrong. I quickly looked at him, avoiding the window so I could see Lu Han.

"Jin Hyuk..." Was what Lu Han mouthed before I could even find an escape route.

"What am I going to do?" I whispered.

"I don’t know…” Lu Han whispered back as I saw his eyes follow Jin Hyuk. “But he’s coming in right now.”

“W-what?!” I was now freaking out more than I should. I wiped my eyes with the back of my hands quickly and rubbed my eyes, pretending like I had something in it.

“This isn’t the first time I’ve seen my fiancé cry. What are you guys doing that makes her so emotional?” Jin Hyuk asked as he pulled up a chair and sat beside me. He leaned towards me and grabbed my hand before caressing it with his thumb. “Are you okay?”

The real question was, was I?

 

 



Author's Note:  Hello everyone! I cannot believe how many people are still keeping up with this story TT.TT You guys make me so grateful to have you all. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. You are all seriously so wonderful. Let's all have an amazing 2017 with EXO, of course ;)

By the way, can you guys suggest me some recent animes that you are hooked on? Thank you!