Chapter 12

My Girl (Sequel)

Chapter 12

 

Jin Hyuk’s eyes were on me and even though I kept telling my conscious to walk myself towards him, my feet felt like they were glued to the floor below me. He started walking towards me and Se Hun, who was now standing up properly and had one hand stuck in his trouser pocket while the other one hung loose. With the way he was standing, Se Hun looked like he was full of attitude, but the sly smirk that suddenly appeared made him appear more like a brat.

“Who’s this, Soo Jin?” Jin Hyuk asked, his eyes gazing over to Se Hun, who didn’t wipe away his smirk. “Another friend that I haven’t met, right…?”

The tone in Jin Hyuk’s voice was full of sarcasm and it surprised me because I wasn’t expecting him to say it like that to me. I opened my mouth and was about to explain myself, but Se Hun spoke before I could.

“Oh Se Hun.” Se Hun stuck his hand out towards Jin Hyuk, who looked hesitant at first but then shook his hand anyway. “You’re her fiancé, right?”

Jin Hyuk nodded his head before saying, “Kim Jin Hyuk.”

“It’s nice to finally meet the man Ahn Soo Jin’s going to marry.” Se Hun looked over at me and the smirk finally disappeared from his face. “Soo Jin’s really bad at introducing people to each other.”

I bit my bottom lip from saying anything stupid, but it was bothering me that it made it seem as if I was letting Se Hun win in this conversation.

“Oh, you must be wondering how we know of each other.” Se Hun stuck both his hands into his pockets this time. “Soo Jin and I were really good friends back in high school, but I’m sure she didn’t want to mention any of us when she left for Canada.”

“I’ve realized that.” Jin Hyuk replied, making me feel guilty.

“I don’t blame her though.” Se Hun shrugged, causing Jin Hyuk to look over at him with both eyebrows raised. “Soo Jin had a hard time here when she lived here. I mean, I shouldn’t be saying this since it should be coming from her, but I’m sure it’s hard for her to bring it up so easily...”

Jin Hyuk stood silent, as if he was waiting for Se Hun to continue, which he did.

“Soo Jin probably didn’t want to bring her past with her, so I mean, after meeting you, I’m sure she thought it’d be best to just start a new life with you and forget everything that’s ever happened in her life.” Se Hun tone decreased as he finished his sentence and when I looked over at his face, his eyes were looking down at the floor. “They say there are good days in between those bad days, but maybe she couldn’t see it because she was in so much pain. I wouldn’t be able to speak up about it so easily either.”

Jin Hyuk looked over at me and his eyes softened, but I had to look away. My eyes weren’t filled with tears, but I could feel them getting wet. I didn’t want to cry anymore. I was sick of feeling weak and pathetic.

“I-I’m going to go to the bathroom.” I lied as I tripped over myself instead and Se Hun caught me with both his hands.

“Soo Jin –“ Se Hun said, but I ignored him.

I pushed Se Hun off of me and held my dress up and left the two guys behind me, not wanting to look back at them at all. I felt more frustrated with myself than Se Hun, who seemed to have mocked me and yet, he wasn’t mocking me.

The minute I walked past the bathroom, I headed outside and felt the cool breeze caressing my skin. I closed my eyes and fanned myself, as if the breeze wasn’t enough to cool myself down from all this frustration. I was starting to hate myself more and more. I couldn’t decide if I hated the fact that I kept lying to Jin Hyuk or the fact that he suddenly changed his tone of voice on me just because I never brought up anyone when we were together.

“I was going to come out and ask you why you always walk away in situations like that, but I didn’t think you’d want to hear my two cents.”

I turned around and saw Lu Han standing there with his arms crossed. He walked towards me and stood right beside me, ignoring the fact that I was glaring at him.

“Kyung Soo told me that you accidently said my name when Jin Hyuk walked in on the two of you while talking about Se Hun.” Lu Han scoffed under his nose. “But I guess better me than Se Hun, huh?”

It just hit me that the two met earlier today when I was stuck with Jae Hyun, who had held me back when I tried to follower both Jin Hyuk and Jung Ah. I mentally slapped myself for not warning Lu Han beforehand, but when I thought about it again, it wouldn’t have changed the fact that Jin Hyuk probably thought that Lu Han was my secret lover, which made no sense. Lu Han and I would never be anything. I could write a whole book explaining why, if Jin Hyuk ever questioned our relationship.

“I found it funny, actually.” Lu Han chuckled.

“I’m sorry…” I ran a hand through my hair and looked away from him. “I panicked.”

“I figured.” Lu Han shrugged. “I can’t blame you.”

I didn’t say anything. The last time Lu Han and I had a conversation, it left with me crying like a baby in front of every stranger in Korea.

“But you can’t keep his name out of your mouth forever.” Lu Han added on, taking me out of my thoughts. “He’s going to find out whether it’s now or later in the future.”

“I know.” I shivered. “Just… Just not now…”

“What are you afraid of?” He asked peeking over at me, making it pretty obvious.

I thought about it. I really did because it made no sense as to why I kept feeling as if I was guilty about this when it was nothing to be guilty of. I thought about why I just couldn’t tell Jin Hyuk about Se Hun and the rest of my friends, but nothing came up.

“Are you afraid that Jin Hyuk’s going to leave you or are you afraid that he’s not going to let you see and talk to Se Hun anymore?”

I suddenly looked over at Lu Han, whose face didn’t seem to change at all from earlier. He knew he had me, and I hated that I showed it to him. It made me feel weak knowing that someone, who wasn’t even my best friend, knew me a little better than I knew myself. I wanted to open my mouth to reply, but I noticed Jin Hyuk walking out towards us.

“Soo Jin, can we talk?” Jin Hyuk asked as soon as he was in front of me and Lu Han.

“I’ll see the two of you inside.” Lu Han bowed his head before he left back into the building, leaving Jin Hyuk and I out in the cold.

The two of us stood there in silence and it dreaded me because I couldn’t tell how he was truly feeling. I didn’t know if he was going to say anything and when he would, I didn’t want to interrupt him to explain myself. I felt like a little kid who was curious.

“Soo Jin…” His voice caught my attention again.

I looked up at him and saw that he was staring at me like how the first time we met, but I found myself looking away just as quickly as I looked up at him.

“Do you remember the first time I met you and how drunk I was?” Jin Hyuk suddenly asked, breaking the awkward silence between us. “You looked beautiful and I kept telling myself, ‘Ah, you have to talk to her.’” He laughed, but it seemed forced. It made me feel uneasy. “And when it happened, I didn’t think it’d actually happen. I mean… I felt like a coward, you know? My hands shook like crazy and I thought you’d reject me if I tried to start a conversation with you, but I’m more than happy to have had the guts to finally talk to you… I mean, with the help of alcohol, that is.” He let out another laugh, but it was a lot quieter this time. “I felt like I had nothing back then so when you and I started talking more, I felt different. I felt like you were what I’ve been looking for. But who was I to think that you weren’t feeling okay back then or to only think about my own happiness and sadness?”

“Jin Hyuk –“

“Even to this day, my feelings haven’t changed.” Jin Hyuk walked up to me and cupped my face with his hands. I felt his warmth through his touch and closed my eyes. “Soo Jin, I love you and I’m sorry. I’m sorry I thought you were someone who seemed to have it all, but was actually having a hard time.” He suddenly pressed his lips against mine and held the small of my back, making sure our bodies were pressed close to each other. “I don’t want you to hide how you feel anymore. I want you to tell me if someone or something’s hurting you. I want to protect you, to love you, to give you everything…”

“Are you saying your vows right now?” I asked with a small laugh, feeling warmth surrounding my heart.

Jin Hyuk smiled and kissed me once more. “I just want you to know that I love you.”

As I opened my eyes and our lips parted, I felt like we were the only two here, but my eyes gazed past him and saw Se Hun standing there looking at us.

 

**

 

Today was a big day for me. After finally waiting for more than a week, I was finally going to meet up with my wedding planner. I woke up bright and early and made it on time for breakfast with Jung Ah, who was trying really hard to stay awake. I told her to order some coffee, but instead, she ordered herself a glass of water.

“Yah, if you’re half-awake today, how am I supposed to make the right decisions?”  I pursed my lips and rolled my eyes at her, which she only responded with a sigh. “Lee Jung Ah, you want to die?”

“I’m sorry… I was out last night with Kai at the bar and I didn’t think I’d be hung over on a day like this…” Jung Ah crouched over and rubbed her stomach. “I’m going to kill him. He gave me shots that he knew were going to kill me…”

I rolled my eyes again and used the fork to poke into my sunny side egg, watching the yolk spill out onto the ceramic plate. “Will you even be able to go with me to meet with the wedding planner?”

She nodded her head, but it looked forced. “I will. Just give me some more water and in a few hours, I should be fine!”

I wanted to believe her, I really did, but it didn’t help that a few hours after her saying that she’d be fine, she was throwing up in the restroom located in the building where our wedding planner was. A part of me wanted to feel bad for her, but another part of me said she deserved it because she knew that this day was coming closer and closer.

 “I’m sorry your friend isn’t feeling too well on a day like this.” Kang Hee, my wedding planner, said as she was taking out a folder of paper and had set it out on her desk between us. “But I’m glad that the soon-to-be bride is feeling rather well.”

I nodded my head at her remark. “Yeah, she kind of had a rough night, I guess.”

“It’s fine. We’ll just get started with the small details and fill her in whenever she comes back into the office.” She took out a stapled packet and set it in front of me. “This is the contract where you agree the terms and conditions for me being your wedding planner. I want to make sure you’ll be okay with the things I do and how I’ll help you make the decisions to the choices I’ll have for you, okay?”

I smiled at her and we continued to talk about the agreements and terms. I was feeling nervous, but I kept telling myself it was because it meant that it was another step closer to marrying Jin Hyuk. Kang Hee let me in on some tips about deciding where it was best to start and I felt like all these tips she was giving me was something I should be writing down. Who knows? I could probably forget all about it by the time I walk through these doors.

Just as we finished speaking, Jung Ah finally came out from the bathroom.

“I’ll meet with the two of you in a few days and we can start off with churches or banquet halls to choose from, okay?” Kang Hee suggested that we’d do that first because then we’d figure out what decorations were needed.

Jung Ah and I thanked Kang Hee before we made our way out of the building. I knew it was going to be a stressful process, but there were only a few more months left until the big day was going to come. I looked over at my best friend and saw that she was pouting her lips at me.

“You know that I love you, right, Soo Jin?” She said tilting her head like a little kid.

“Why?” I asked raising an eyebrow. “Are you up to something?”

“No, I’m sorry for not helping you today like I should have…” Jung Ah patted her stomach lightly. “If it wasn’t for Kai, I’d probably be feeling fantastic.”

I scoffed before throwing my arm over her shoulders. “Right, Jung Ah.”

“Don’t worry. I promise you that things will be a lot easier from here on out with your wedding plans, Soo Jin.” She gave me a sincere smile and I believed it… Well… Only a little…

 

 



Author's Note: A thousand years later and here's an update. Just kidding. It's only been three months and a day since the actual last update. Hahaha. Uh yeah... I'm sure this wasn't all that great of a chapter considering that it should have been since I've made you all wait for so long, but I've been busy with life. I lost a lot of subscribers, but I don't feel one bit sad I guess. Thanks to those who stayed and waited for me to make my story visible again. Anyway, I'm sorry for hiding my story for a bit, but I was just stressed out with people stealing my stories and translating them without permission. Hopefully this will stop permanantly but I doubt it... ENJOY COMMENT LIKE IT DISLIKE IT. Whatever. On to better things~! Hooray!!!