Epilogue: We Will Remember

Breathless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*comes out from hiding*

Alright, so after what, a year? Breathless' epilogue is finally here! Now I never really planned to have an epilogue for Breathless, but due to insistent public demand and calls for my blood, I decided to give y'all the 'proper' closure y'all deserve. I'm glad that some of you were satisfied with the original ending of Breathless, so just treat this as a bonus chapter to wrap everything up all nice and clear and proper. I hope you enjoy it! There are some important announcements after the epilogue so please read those after you cry your eyes out read this chapter. Thanks for your patient waiting, and I hope this is all worth it! 

~~

“Hi.”

“Here lies Do Kyungsoo, beloved son, friend, doctor, and…”

“You’ve got to be ing kidding me.”

“Shut the up, Baekhyun.”

Baekhyun cuts his tirade short and looks around the room with narrowed eyes. His gaze falls on the wheezing cardiologist in the corner.

“When I told him to go, I meant to go to Jongin. Not go have a heart attack.” Junmyeon mutters, pacing anxiously. He looks up and glares at a somber-looking Kim Jongin. “This is your fault.” He sighs in exasperation.  

Kyungsoo coughs. “I’m right here, Suho.” He admonishes. “Don’t mind him. S’not your fault.” He mumbles in the general direction of Jongin.

“Is this even legal?” Jongdae pipes up, motioning at the two hospital beds side by side. Kyungsoo in one, hooked up to several machines once more, and Jongin on the other, with his own set of machines surrounding him.

Suho snorts. “At this point, I don’t even care, I’m resigning, if Director Amber does not fire me first.”

“Stop being so melodramatic.” Kyungsoo waves his hand awkwardly in Junmyeon’s direction. “I’ll live.”

“You. Had. A. Heart. Attack!” Junmyeon shouts, rattling everyone present in the room before his mouth is abruptly covered by Jongdae’s hand.

“Calm down, Doctor Kim, please…” Chanyeol implores, looking at the door in alarm at Junmyeon’s outburst.

“Yes, I know. And you’re going to give me another one if you don’t calm down.” Kyungsoo retorts drowsily. He attempts to sit up with assistance from Luhan and Minseok, while Jongin still looks freaked out by the unexpected turn of events.

“Hyung, you pretty much just keeled over on my lap. Are you sure you’re okay?” he asks in a small voice.

“I’ll be fine.” Kyungsoo answers simply. He looks around at the traumatized looking group standing around the room. The eldest hyungs fidgeting on either side of his bed, a paler than usual Sehun sitting at the end of Jongin’s bed, a worried sick Jongin, a pacing Junmyeon, and the anxious trio of Chanyeol, Baekyun, and Jongdae. “Seriously, you guys. After all that we’ve been through, you’d think someone would have at least expected this.”

Jongdae clears his throat. “I think you’re still in shock, Doctor Soo.” Chanyeol elbows the intern to be quiet.

“So does anybody want to talk about how we found Doctor Soo just right there on Patient Kim’s lap? Because that’s not an image I’m going to be forgetting anytime soon. It was very risqué.”

“Baekhyun!”

“Come on guys! I’m entitled to that. It took us almost half a day ‘discreetly’ making this room arrangement possible.”

“Yeah everyone, give him the benefit.” Kyungsoo echoes drily.

“Thank you!” Baekhyun nods.

“Um, can I have a few minutes alone with Kyungsoo-hyung?” Jongin mumbles timidly.

“Yes, of course. If you need me I’ll be at the director’s office handing in my resignation.” Junmyeon sighs in exasperation as he walks out of the room.

Sehun, Luhan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter