Catching Up

Boys, Boys, Boys II: Boy vs. Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5iDHYTL2CQ

GOT7: Just Right

-----------------------------------------

“I can’t believe you actually made costumes for all of us,” Yoonjung said as she stared at the green and purple fairy costume in front of her.

Inna crooned, “Why not? It’s Halloween, and we’re all planning to attend parties anyways. You can’t get in without a costume, so I thought we could all go as fairies. They’re cute, aren’t they?”

“They’re adorable!” Seulli beamed. She was already in her pink and brown costume and was taking selfies by the lengthy mirror.

Dajung pushed her glasses up her nose. “How long did it take you to make these?”

Inna pulled her glasses off of her and handed her contacts. “It took a while, so you girls better wear them, or my hard work will all go to waste.”

Dajung pouted as she sullenly stared at the contacts. “I hate wearing these. My eyes get dry too quickly.”

“Come on! Just wear them for today! I’ll do your make-up after you put on the contacts.” Inna spun around and gave Yoonjung a look. “Aren’t you wearing your costume?”

“Yeah…I am.” Since I don’t have a choice, Yoonjung thought as she took off her comfortable sweatpants and t-shirt to put the costume on.

“Fabulous! You all look glamorous!” Inna squealed while clapping heartily. She did Dajung’s make-up as promised while Seulli helped Yoonjung add a little color to her cheeks.

Inna asked, “What party are you guys going to attend?”

“There’s a huge party in the main hall. That one looks the best,” Seulli said.

“I have to stop by the Biology Club for their party first,” Dajung said.

“Me, too. Oh, and I also have to drop by the Red Cross Club,” Yoonjung stated.

“I’ll go with you there, and then we can go to the Red Cross Club,” Dajung offered. “Then we can meet Inna and Seulli at the main party.” 

“Sounds fabulous!” Inna grinned.

They parted ways, and Dajung and Yoonjung went to Red Cross Club first. The party was already on full mode. People were dancing and drinking. Some of them were drunk already.

“Wow…I’m glad Inna forced us to wear costumes, or we’d be left out,” Dajung chuckled.

Yoonjung nodded in agreement. Every single person was wearing a costume. Most of the guys were vampires, but the girls had gone full out to show off more skin.

“And I thought we were almost .” Dajung shook her head. Yoonjung giggled at her expression when she saw a girl wearing a risque pirate costume.

They huddled together and went further inside the building.

The president and vice president of the club greeted them and urged they donate for the elderly. The two of them gave their donations and went to get something to drink.

“Hey,” a drunken boy with bloodshot eyes appeared by their side, startling them. “Do you cute fairies want to take me to Neverland with you?” He laughed at his own joke, but Dajung seemed repulsed by his behavior.

“Um, no thank you. We were just leaving. Let’s go.” Yoonjung pulled on Dajung’s arm.

“Were the red eyes part of his costume?”

“I don’t think so,” Yoonjung answered.

“That party was too rowdy for my taste. Maybe the rumors are right after all,” Dajung said.

“Maybe…” Yoonjung shook her head. “Let’s just go to the Biology Club. It might be better there.” She was right.

The Biology Club was less wild. Besides beer, there was no other liquor, and everyone was just talking rather than dancing. “Hey! I found you!” Joohyuk appeared nibbling on a cheesestick.

“And what are you supposed to be?” Yoonjung gave him an odd look.

“A bunny. I thought the ears were obvious.” He pointed to the headband on his head and then spun around to point to his fluffy tail that was attached to his bottom. “And the tail, of course.”

“Oh, I thought you were supposed to be like a monster with long ears who ate everything in its path,” Yoonjung joked.

“Ha! You’re hilarious! And what about you? Are you Tinkerbell?”

“Tinkerbell is GREEN,” Yoonjung said with her fists on her hips.

Dajung burst into laughter beside her.

Joohyuk looked at her and grinned. “Hey, we met at the first meeting. Dajung, right? Yoonjung’s roommate?”

“Yeah,” Dajung confirmed with a nod.

“How unlucky. You have to sleep in the same room as this jester over here. Does she make corny jokes in her sleep? She probably snores like a fifty-year-old man,” Joohyuk teased.

“Um, excuse me?” Yoonjung pretended to be offended.

Dajung laughed, “No, Yoonjung is a peaceful sleeper, and she’s a good roommate.” Yoonjung smiled gratefully at her.

“You two are so loyal. That’s cute. Hey, the drinks and food are this way.” Joohyuk led them over to the buffet table. They met up with a few other friends and started to form their own clique. An hour later, Yoonjung suggested they go reunite with their other roommates, so they said their goodbyes and left.

Half an hour before midnight, Yoonjung decided she had enough of dancing and decided to hit the bed first. Her feet were killing her, so she took off her heels and started to walk on her bare feet. She stopped and took a photo of her in her costume under a streetlight. She sent the photos to her friends. At once, she got a flood of replies.

‘WHO IS THAT HOTTIE!’ – Jackson.

‘I need your fairy dust so I can fly over!’ – Bambam.

‘Aren’t you cold?’ – Yugyeom.

‘Aw, so cute princess.’ – Jr.

‘Looking nice!’ –Yugyeom.

‘…Where are you? Who are you with looking like that?’ –JB.

Before Yoonjung could reply to any of them, JB called her. Smiling, she answered, “I’m at school. I just got out of a Halloween party, and I’m heading back to the dorms right now. I’m not with anyone. My friends are still partying, and I doubt they’ll be home soon.”

“A Halloween party? With alcohol and dancing and everything else inappropriate?” 

At JB’s question, Yoonjung burst into laughter, “Um, kind of, but don’t worry. I didn’t drink, and I only danced with my friends. No other guys. That’s what you wanted to know, right?”

JB, appeared by her answer, started to relax. “Yeah, but it’s good to know you didn’t drink. You’re alone now, right? It’s not good considering it’s dark.”

“Maybe I should call one of my guy friends to walk me,” Yoonjung teased.

“Um, yeah, hell to the no. I’ll call you through Facetime.” JB hung up, and a moment later, she was able to video chat with him. “Don’t hang up until you’re safe in your dorms. I’m worried about you.”

“I’m good now.” Yoonjung beamed at him.

“You look really cute in that costume,” JB whispered.

“Thank you.” Yoonjung blushed a little. She noticed bags under his eyes and frowned. “Are you getting enough rest?”

“I try. I’m practicing between twelve and fifteen hours a day. With the rest of the time, I have vocal training and Chinese classes. It’s rough, but I can’t complain. I knew how tough training could get.”

“You hard work will pay off.”

“I know, and that’s why I’m not quitting and running to you right this moment…although I wish I could. I miss you,” JB sighed. “That’s the hardest part about training. I can’t see you as much as I want to, and I can’t call you even

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter