Unofficial Date

Boys, Boys, Boys II: Boy vs. Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1bMhsN94sM

AOA: Like a cat

-------------------------------------------------------

“Yeah, so the meeting for the Red Cross Club is tonight. It’s mandatory,” Yoonjung sighed as she struggled to balance her books in one arm while holding the cell phone with her free hand to talk with JB. They hadn’t seen each other since that date night.

“Okay, have fun, but not too much fun. Don’t flirt with other guys. Come straight home, and don’t be late, yeah?” JB said.

“Okay, dad,” Yoonjung joked. She gasped when her books almost fell but a long graceful hand caught them. She looked up and met eyes with Joohyuk who grinned at her.

“What’s wrong? Are you okay?” JB panicked from the other end.

Joohyuk motioned for her to take her call as he took all her books from her.

“Yeah, I almost dropped my books. I have to go now. I’ll call you tonight.” Yoonjung hung up and caught up with Joohyuk. “Thanks. You’re a hero.”

“I know. You’re totally welcome.” Joohyuk smiled.

Yoonjung laughed and shook her head. “Who were you talking to?”

“My boyfriend.”

“Ah, the famous mysterious boyfriend. You haven’t shown him to me before. He’s a trainee who wants to become an idol, right?” Joohyuk looked at her.

“Yeah, he’s going to be famous, so be nice to me, and maybe I’ll let him introduce some cute female idols to you,” Yoonjung joked.

“Unfortunately for you, I don’t really find idol girls attractive, so you’re out of luck. I should just throw these books over there and make you get them,” Joohyuk teased.

“You’re so mean,” Yoonjung huffed.

Joohyuk chuckled, “Just a little. Hey, you up for a study group tonight? Yoosuk and Heejoo are going to be there along with other people from our class.”

“I can’t make it. I have to go to the Red Cross Club meeting. It’s mandatory, so I can’t skip out either,” Yoonjung said.

“Then just don’t go. You don’t need to be in that club,” he said.

“I want to be in it. I want to give back to the community,” she pointed out.

Joohyuk stopped and turned towards her. “Okay, but don’t say I didn’t warn you. There may be some creeps in there. Don’t be fooled by the outward nature of that club.”

He gave her books back to her. “My class is over there. I’ll catch you later then!”

“Bye!” Yoonjung waved back and headed back to her dormitory.

That night, Yoonjung went to the designated meeting room at the main hall for the Red Cross Club. She saw streams of people heading towards the same direction as her and decided to follow them.

“Welcome to Red Cross!” Three girls by the door passed out fliers that revealed the philosophy of the club as well as the planned events to come.

“Here you go!” A cheerful girl handed Yoonjung a flier and warmly guided her inside. “Have a seat!”

“Thank you.” Yoonjung sat in one of the empty chairs and studied the flier.

When the room was almost filled up, the official meeting started. There were greetings from the president of the club as well as the vice president, secretary, and treasurer. Yoonjung listened but grew a little bored by too much talk about order and discipline. She stifled a yawn and looked around. Many people didn’t seem too keen on listening either. They were gossiping among themselves and snickering over something funny on their cell phones.

“Next month, we’re planning on doing two community service activities. We’ll e-mail you details about those. Also, Halloween is coming up. We’re thinking of holding a charity event to help sick elders. In November, there is a MT that we hope you will all attend. It will be a good time to get to know each other and bond. Now let’s get up and start mingling.”

Yoonjung awkwardly stood up and looked around as people introduced themselves to one another. Fortunately, two girls and two guys approached her, and they started to talk. There wasn’t anyone she connected with right away, like her roommates or Joohyuk yet.

Thankfully, the meeting was adjourned after sign-ups, and Yoonjung was free to go.

On the way to her dormitory, she called JB, but he wasn’t answering, and she figured he was busy practicing. Her phone rang, and she thought the caller would be JB, but to her delight, it was Yugyeom. She answered in English, “Hi! How are you?”

“Oh my God. You sound like Youngjae when he speaks English. Don’t do that. It creeps me out,” Yugyeom said, causing her to laugh. “Okay, sorry. What’s up? How’s America?”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMANFEZhyoY

JUNIEL: Emotion is important

---------------------------------------

Yoonjung wasn’t the only one who had to attend a club meeting.

Later in the week, Mark, who had “stupidly” signed up for the Law Society, had to attend a mandatory meeting. He really wasn’t up for going and socializing with people he had no interest in, but he went anyways.

Fortunately, his roommate Stephen was in the club also, so they went together.

Since Stephen was sociable, Mark was planning to leave all the talking to him.

They entered the meeting area, which was in a large hall in the law building. There was a table filled with refreshments, and law students were quietly conversing in little groups.

“Wow. Seems serious already,” Stephen commented, which Mark silently agreed on.

Mark was a serious person, but even this atmosphere seemed too uptight to him.

“Let’s get something to eat. We didn’t eat dinner.” Stephen led the way.

Mark followed him and just grabbed a few cookies.

Suddenly, a female voice said, “Okay, once is an accident, twice is a coincidence, but third time is destiny.”

Mark looked up. Byul was standing there grinning from ear to ear with her eyes shining with recognition.

Mark grew surprised and wondered what she was doing here.

“I couldn’t tell you the other day because you ran out on me and all,” Byul joked. “But I’m a law student, too.”

Mark just stared at her without saying anything.

Byul chuckled, “I hope you didn’t forget my name this time.”

Mark had to think before replying, “I remember.”

Byul beamed with her arms locked behind her back. “I’m honored. Since we met thrice already, don’t you think we’re friends already?”

Mark was straightforward. “We’re acquaintances. Friends take a while to make.”

Byul blinked, taken aback by his honesty, but smiled. “Okay. I’ll be patient. I can wait for you to open up to me.”

Mark frowned a little. She was starting to annoy him with her persistence. He wanted to tell her not to wait because the only female he ever opens up to is Yoonjung, but the president of the law club started the meeting.

“Later!” Byul waved and left.

“Who was she? She’s hot,” Stephen said as he nudged Mark with a grin. “And she seems totally into you.”

Mark shrugged it off and paid attention to the meeting. Once it was officially adjourned, the mingling continued. Byul found Mark once more. “Which high school did you go to?”

“…JYP High School.”

“Oh, wow! I heard about that school! It’s popular, huh? But is it true it got burnt down and just started getting rebuilt?” Byul questioned.

Mark frowned at the memory of the building burning down. He thought he had lost Yoonjung that day, and he was more than glad to know he hadn’t. Yet, he didn’t like to think of those memories. “Yes.” He glanced at his watch.

“Meeting someone?” Byul probed. “No,” Mark flatly replied.

“Do you have plans?”

“No.”

“Then since it’s still early, do you want to go to a café and get to know each other? Maybe we can become friends quickly that way,” Byul pointed out.

“I’m not interested,” Mark replied, stunning her once more. He backed away, turned, and went to find his roommate. “Hey,” Mark murmured quietly, “I’m leaving.”

“Already?” Stephen blinked.

“Yeah, I’m tired. I’ll catch you later.” Mark left first.

The campus was pretty sparse of people besides a few joggers here and there. Mark took out his phone and looked at the wallpaper. It was a picture of Yoonjung smiling at him. She looked beautiful and pure, and he loved the way she seemed to be smiling because of him. Mark sighed, “It’s crazy. I thought I would be free of you if I didn’t see you, but even if we’re miles away, I keep thinking about you. I can’t get you out of mind. I think I’m meant to love you for the rest of my life.” Which for me. Why am I such a masochist?

His ph

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter