He's the One

Boys, Boys, Boys II: Boy vs. Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io-_f--g6t0

A Walk To Remember: Kiss

-----------------------------------

“I’m sorry. We tried, but it looks like there’s nothing more we can do for your dog. Even if he survives, he’ll have to live handicapped all his life, and his organs aren’t safe from the accident either. It’s best…you put him out of his misery and put him to sleep.”

Yoonjung treaded softly into the operation room with her breath held in dread. Seeing her beloved friend and family member laying on the table broken and suffering crushed her heart. More tears slipped down her face as she went closer to Janggeun. He was having a hard time breathing, and it looked like he was crying.

Yoonjung had refused to let him go, but after seeing how much pain he was in, she felt like she had no other choice. She bent down in front of him and whispered, “Hey, Janggeun.” She reached out and tenderly his ear.

Janggeun forced his eyes open and stared at her. He whimpered softly, and she started to choke up.

“I know. I know it hurts. Just give me some time…to say goodbye to you.”

Yoonjung inclined her head towards him and started to cry, “I’m so sorry. I shouldn’t have ran out on you like that. You did nothing wrong. You were always my faithful, sweet dog, and a day never passed by when I didn’t think of you. I’m so sorry I neglected you after going to college. I love you, and after you’re…gone, I’ll miss you so much, Janggeun.” She buried her face into his fur and cried some more.

Janggeun released a soft whimper. It was like he was telling her he was going to forgive her.

The door opened, and the veterinarian entered. “Are you ready?”

No. No, I’ll never be ready. Her heart pumped with fear as the veterinarian moved closer.

The door opened, and this time, Mark came in. A wave of relief calmed down her nerves. He walked over as she slowly stood up.

“Mark…” Tears welled up in her eyes as her lower lip quivered.

Mark pulled her into his chest. “I know. It’s going to be hard. But it’ll be for the best. Neither of you will have to suffer for too long.” He looked down at Janggeun who looked resigned and strangely peaceful as he gazed up at them.

“Hey, buddy,” Mark whispered with a tender smile and reached down to him. “It’s going to be all right. You won’t be in pain any longer.”

Janggeun flitted his gaze back up to Yoonjung who burst into another round of tears.

“Here we go,” the veterinarian softly spoke. A flood of tears poured from her eyes, and she muffled her cries.

Janggeun gazed up at her without any resentment at all.

“I love you,” Yoonjung whispered. She watched as the veterinarian started to insert a shot into him.

She started to grow nauseated.

Did she really want to become someone who did this? She had wanted to be a verinarian because she had wanted to save dogs, not put them to sleep. She wasn’t sure she could handle doing that. She would probably remember Janggeun every time she did have to do it and start crying uncontrollably.

Before she could retch on the floor right there, a pair of strong arms wrapped around her waist from behind.

“I got you,” Mark whispered. “We’ll say good-bye together, all right? No matter what, I'll be here for you every step of the way.”

Yoonjung gripped onto his arms tightly until her knuckles paled.

Janggeun twitched as his eyes started to close. A couple minutes later, he was almost gone.

Yoonjung reached out and his paw. “I love you. Rest in peace, okay…?”

Janggeun took his last breath and became very still.

He was gone. Her beloved companion was long gone now, and he would never come back.

Yoonjung burst into tears again. She turned around and faced Mark who immediately took her in his arms. He hugged her and comfortingly rubbed her back.

“I’m sorry,” Mark whispered. He watched as the nurses started to take Janggeun away.

“Good-bye, Janggeun…” A couple tears fell down his face also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA0NEBl3JuA

Boa: Disturbance

-----------------

JB saw the calls from Yoonjung and sighed.

He was too much of a coward to call her back. He was in the middle of debating whether to call her back or not when the manager called all the trainees for their monthly meeting.

JB put his phone away and entered the room.

“It’s not unexpected that Jaebum is the best trainee this month. All of you need to do your best to keep up with him. All right?”

“Yes, hyung,” the other trainees said.

JB felt a numbing sensation of satisfaction that was quickly blanketed with remorse whenever he thought of Yoonjung. The manager discussed further plans with them and then dismissed them to go practice.

“Jaebum, we need to talk, so stay,” the manager said. Everyone left the room, and only JB remained behind.

“What is it, hyung?”

“I’ve been hearing a disturbing rumor about you,” the manager said, looking disgruntled.

“Rumor?” JB tilted his head.

“I heard…you’re dating,” the manager said.

JB froze. Whatever was going to come next didn’t sound too well.

“You know how much I treasure you. The president has a lot of expectations for you as well. But if you have a girlfriend…Well, that’s a bit troublesome. You know about the dating policies of our company.” JB didn’t say anything.

The manager eyed him suspiciously. “I’m really hoping it was just a groundless rumor. Jaebum, do you have a girlfriend?”

JB knew he should have said the truth. He knew he should have promised not to let his relationship get in the way of his training. He knew he should have given up right then and there if the company was blackmailing him to break up with the most precious girl in his life. And yet…he played the coward again.

“…No, hyung. I don’t.”

The manager grinned widely. “Good. That’s what I wanted to hear. I’ll tell the president there’s nothing to worry about.” He clapped JB on the shoulder and left.

JB lowered his head with a guilty sigh. Things were going down south at such a rapid pace that he couldn’t do anything about it.

 

Yoonjung stepped out of the cab and looked up at Dream Entertainment.

She had finally come to settle things with JB once and for all.

After Janggeun’s death, it had made her think a lot about who was there for her and who wasn’t. The one person she had relied on had let her down, and she was starting to re-think her relationships. Yoonjung saw a horde of fan girls waiting in front of the building with sparkly banners and huge posters.

She took out her phone and called JB. It rolled over to voicemail, and she left a message, “I came to your entertainment company. I really think we need to talk. I’ll be waiting until you come out.”

Yoonjung waited. And waited. And waited.

The fans started to leave, and then new ones came.

Yoonjung sighed and hit her aching legs. She was tired and hungry, but she didn’t stop waiting.

A black van arrived, and the girls went crazy, but the settled down once they saw the boys in there were just trainees.

Yoonjung recognized one of them and immediately got up.

“JB. JB!” She waved, and he looked up at last. He seemed startled to see her and immediately started to panic when the manager stepped out.

He gave Yoonjung a puzzled look. “Do you know her, Jaebum?”

“She’s no one,” JB blurted, hurting Yoonjung.

No one…? I’m no one to him?

JB gave her a guilty look before going inside.

Yoonjung stood there for a while with a stunned look on her face. She never thought JB would shun her that way. Disappointed and shocked, she started to walk away. All of a sudden, a hand seized her wrist. Yoonjung looked up just as JB tugged her into an alley. She followed him wordlessly as he dragged her to the staircase of what seemed like an abandoned building.

JB demanded, “What are you doing here? How can you just show up here?”

“…Why is it of a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter