Going Downhill

Boys, Boys, Boys II: Boy vs. Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Brj5094IwKo

Noel: Once Again

-----------------------

 “Dad…what’s going on?”

Her father saw her and panicked. “Yoonjung!” He shot up rapidly and accidentally knocked a glass of red wine onto the carpet. The mysterious woman grabbed a napkin and started to clean it up right away.

Yoonjung looked around wildly. She felt as if the walls were closing in on her.

Was she in the right place?

Was this really her home?

Her dad?

Candles? Wine? What’s going on?

Yoonjung looked at her father’s right hand that had been holding onto the woman’s hand when she had come into the house.

It was no mistake. It was no coincidence either.

They’re more than friends. I’m sure of it. Is it because of that woman…that dad has been so “busy” lately? Don’t tell me…she’s the reason why he forgot to visit mom on New Year’s Day.

The possibility made her sick to her stomach.

Yoonjung’s already broken heart sank further when she saw Janggeun trotting up to the woman and her hand. She gave him a soft smile and gently rubbed his ear. He’s friendly with her. That means…she’s no stranger. She’s been coming to my house for a while now. Why didn’t I know anything about this? Why didn’t dad mention anything?

Her father hastened over. “Y-Yoonjung, what are you doing here? I d-didn’t know you were coming tonight. W-What a surprise.” He plastered on a smile, but his eyes were nervous and uneasy.

I bet it was, she thought.

“I didn’t…know you had a guest.”

Her father rubbed the back of his neck as he searched for an excuse. “I…yes.”

Yoonjung looked at the woman who was worriedly looking at her.

“Is she a friend? Or a co-worker?”

The answer was obvious, but she asked anyways.

“Well, she was a co-worker until…” Her father was sweating bullets by now. “I was going to tell you, but how about I introduce you to her first-“

“No.” Yoonjung took a step back. Her father’s face fell. “Sweetheart-“

“I forgot…I had something to do. Sorry. I’ll…come back next time.” Yoonjung tripped as she stumbled towards the door.

Janggeun barked after her, but Yoonjung already left. Her father called her name several times, and yet, she kept going. Heart hammering in her chest, she sped up. Before she knew it, she was running. She ran and ran until she thought her lungs were going to explode. Yoonjung came to a stop and crumbled next to a building. She collapsed onto the ground and curled up into a ball with her arms hugging her knees to her chest.

First JB and now my own dad. Janggeun, too. All the males I trusted the most disappointed me the most. This is the worst White Day of my life.

Yoonjung didn’t notice a figure watching her from the doorway. He gazed at the girl as he tried to remember where he had seen her. Keeping his gaze on her, he made a call. “Boss, you should come out here for a moment. There’s a girl that I think you know. She doesn’t know the password…but I don’t think that matters right now.”

A moment later, a gentle voice called her name.

Yoonjung lifted up her gaze. She blinked in surprise. She hadn’t seen him ever since she had left for college.

“Jongjin oppa…”

The sweet, handsome bartender of Club Playground smiled at her. “It’s been a while, Snow White.”

Yoonjung gave a weak chuckle. Even in her state, it was nice to see a familiar person. “Yeah, it has.” She looked up and was surprised. “I didn’t know I came all the way here. I just ran where my heart wanted me to go.”

“You came to the right place. Come on.” Jongjin held out his hand.

Yoonjung slipped her hand into his and got up. He started to lead her towards Club Playground, but she halted. “I don’t know the password anymore.”

“It doesn’t matter when the owner has your back.”

“The owner…? Wait…” Her eyes widened in realization. “Jongjin oppa, Club Playground is yours?!” She never realized the owner had been right in front of her eyes all this time.

Jongjin smiled warmly. “I’ll answer any questions you have. For now, let’s go in. It looks like you need some food.” He put his arm around her shoulder and led her inside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU0keBVrfdw

Jaejoong: Even though I hate it

-----------------------

Mark didn’t know realize he had fallen asleep until his phone startled him awake. He put the phone to his ear without checking who it was. “Hello?” He mumbled.

“Mark, is that you?”

This male voice sounds familiar- Mark quickly scrambled up. “H-Hello, sir.” He bowed even though Yoonjung’s father wasn’t actually there.

“Hi, Mark. I hope I wasn’t bothering you.”

“Oh, no, sir.”

“How have you been doing? Are your studies going well?”

“Yes…” Mark grew curious. Had her father really called him to ask about his well-being?

“That’s good. I know you’re going into law. It’s a good choice. It’ll be hard work, but it’ll pay off. Hey, if you need any internships, feel free to ask me. I can always help you out.”

“Thank you, sir.”

“No problem. You’re probably wondering why I called though. Um…have you heard…from Yoonjung?”

Yoonjung? Mark grew alarmed. “No, I haven’t actually. Is something wrong with her?” He was already on his feet.

“Don’t panic. Maybe she’s with JB. Actually, I wouldn’t know. I called JB first, but he didn’t answer. I know Yoonjung is close to you, which is why I called you. Something happened. Something…terrible. She wasn’t supposed to find out…but she did. It’s all my fault…and now…I can’t get in touch with her,” her father confessed.

Mark demanded, “What happened to her? Please tell me, so I can find her.”

After hearing what had happened earlier, he ran out of the dorm without any hesitance, even if he knew curfew was approaching. The dormitory would lock down, and even with his key he wouldn’t be able to get in. Still, he left, because there was nothing more important to him at that moment than finding Yoonjung and making sure she was all right.

Mark looked everywhere. He went to her school and searched for her in the buildings, cafes, and lounges. Then he went to the Han River just in case she was there for fresh air. When he didn’t find her there either, he went back to his hometown. He searched the playgrounds, cafes, and parks, but there was no sign of her.

Mark called Yoonjung more than a hundred times already. Every time she didn’t answer, his heart grew heavier.

He called JB, but JB wasn’t answering either.

“ you!” Mark hissed and almost threw his phone on the ground. He was jogging around the park for the last time when JB called him back.

“Is Yoonjung with you?” Mark demanded. JB sounded confused, “Not at the moment-“

“God damn it, JB! It’s ing White Day! You’re SUPPOSED to be with Yoonjung today! Why the hell can’t you do anything right?!”

“Did you just call me to criticize the way I treat MY girlfriend? Who the hell do you think you are-“

“I’m Yoonjung’s friend, but who the hell are you? You’re not even her friend anymore, and you sure as hell don’t treat her like your girlfriend. Do you know what she’s going through right now?”

“What are you talking about?”

“Of course,” Mark scoffed. “I shouldn’t be surprised you don’t know.”

“What. Is. Going. On?” JB demanded irately.

“If you don’t know, forget it.”

“You better tell me, so I can handle it. I’m Yoonjung’s boyfriend, Mark. Not you.”

“So you keep reminding me…” Mark swallowed his fury down. “But I don’t see you acting upon your words. It’s about time…I step in.” He hung up.

“Hello? Hello? Mark?! Mark Tuan! God damn it!” JB threw his phone in the corner of the practice room. He knew he was supposed to be with Yoonjung. He had been on his way to see her when the “girlfriend-stealing jerk” had called and infruiated him. JB called Yoonjung, but it just went straight to voicemail now. He grabbed his jacket and fluidly exited the room. “Yoonjung, where are you?”

 

“A hot grilled ham and cheese sandwich and a mango smoothie just for Snow White.” Jongjin placed the food and drink in front of her. “On the house.” He smiled proudly. Yoonjung clapped in amazement.

“Wow, oppa! I didn’t know food like this was served here, too.” She looked around at all the new equipment that was in Club Playground. There were students n JYP’s uniform dancing, laughing, conversing, and playing games. Her lips tugged upwards into a longing smile. She had been in their shoes not too long ago.

“It’s nice to see your juniors, huh? You know, they’d be honored if they knew who you are. You and Got7 are legends at the school. Everyone knows about Snow White and her seven handsome dwarves-who-aren’t-really-dwarves. It would be blasphamy not to,” Jongjin added.

Yoonjung chuckled. “You got rid of the racing games and put a pool table instead. If Youngjae knew, he would be disappointed. And what happened to the basketball net?”

“I took it away because most students want to dance instead of playing ball. Besides, I thought the renovation would do some good. It had to go through some change, like you did.” Jongjin lightly tapped her nose.

“Seriously, oppa, how did you set this place up? And for JYP students only?” Yoonjung was curious.

“I’m actually your senior, you know. I’m a JYP alumni. I went there a few years ago and wanted to design something like this just for JYP students. As you can see, I have a lot of school pride.” Jongjin proudly smiled.

“You’re amazing.” Yoonjung beamed.

“You’re embarrassing me.” Jongjin placed his elbows on the table and leaned towards her. “So enough about me. What about you? How are your seven dwarves doing?”

Yoonjung chuckled, “They’re doing well.”

“Are you and JB still an item?” Jongjin asked. At the mention of JB, her smile slipped, and she turned quiet again.

“Uh-oh. Why do I feel like there’s trouble in paradise?” Jongjin tilted his head. Yoonjung gave a weak smile but didn’t give any details.

His phone rang, and he excused himself as he straightened up. “Hello? Another visitor without a password?” Suddenly, he lit up. “No. Don’t throw him out. I’ll be right there.”

“What’s wrong?” Yoonjung asked.

“Nothing at all. You go ahead and eat your food. I’ll be right back.” Jongjin ruffled her hair lightly before he left.

Yoonjung took a bite of the sandwich and sipped on the mango smoothie. She realized she was actually starving as she took another bite.

“Guess who came?” Jongjin sang.

Yoonjung turned her head and choked when she saw who had come.

Mark gave her a look that was a mix of exasperation and annoyance.

“M-Mark!” She thumped on her chest and coughed. Mark moved closser and held out the smoothie.

Yoonjung took a few gulps and cleared .

“I can tell you’re happy to see him,” Jongjin laughed. “What a night. I get Snow White and a member of Got7 here tonight.” He went to the back to grab a drink for M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter