Apology Accepted

Boys, Boys, Boys II: Boy vs. Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcHWEz5iXD8

Got7: My Reaction

----------------------------------------------

Yoonjung peeled open her heavy, swollen eyes. She felt like they had tripled their size.

“Ugh…” she moaned as she put her palms over her eyes. My eyes never became so swollen before. When wondering about the reason why her eyes had become the size of tennis balls, she recalled what had happened last night. She had been panicking on an atrocious, nerve-wrecking trip with the Red Cross Club.

That was the last time she would go anywhere with them.

In fact, she might just leave the club altogether. She would have been stuck there if Mark hadn’t driven all the way just to come get her.

Isn’t that what a boyfriend should do? I’m really grateful to Mark, but JB should have been the one there coming after me. What did he do instead? He scolded me and didn’t even ask if I was all right. He called way too late and expected me to be okay. That’s not the JB I know. The JB I know would ditch everything to come and save me. Is this the first road block in our relationship?

Yoonjung felt something heavy pounce on top of her.

“Oof! Janggeun,” she squealed when he started to her face fervently as if he was trying to eat up her face. “I know, I know. I missed you, too, and I’m glad to be home.”

Yoonjung shoved his gigantic white body aside and got out of bed.

Janggeun sat at her feet and whimpered with sad eyes.

Yoonjung smiled softly and gently caressed his fur. “I’m fine. Don’t worry.” She looked behind her at the curtains that separated her from her patio. Slowly, she moved across the floor and gently tugged on the curtains to allow the winter sun to shine inside her room. Her eyes immediately landed on the patio across from hers.

“Yoonjung! Wake up! Want a yakult? Come over!”

A smile slowly appeared on her lips but vanished when the illusion disappeared. She missed how JB would live right across from her.

Everything was better back then. Wow. I sound so old already.

Yoonjung turned and went to wash up. Once she had brushed her teeth and washed her face, she came downstairs to see that the house was empty. Her father was gone. She found a note attached to the refrigerator.

‘Sorry I had to go out. All the ingredients for breakfast are in the refrigerator already. Rest. You deserve it. I’ll see you tonight. Love you.’ – Dad

Yoonjung heard a whimper and looked down to see Janggeun panting beside her. He sat down obediently and made a pleading noise in the back of his throat. “You want a strip of bacon, don’t you? You’re using me for food. I knew it.” She fondly rubbed his ears before going to the stove to get the frying pan.

Out of the blue, the doorbell rang, and she blinked out of curiosity. Janggeun played his part by barking and racing to the door. Who could have come so early in the morning? Yoonjung treaded towards the door.

Janggeun wasn’t growling, which was a good thing.

He was whining and trying to open the door though, which meant one of her friends were here.

Perhaps…is it JB?! Filled with hope, Yoonjung swiftly unlocked the door and opened it.

Janggeun barked and jumped up.

“Hey, buddy,” the unexpected visitor gently rubbed his ears.

Yoonjung blinked in surprise. “Mark!”

Mark looked up at her. Right away, his expression grew concerned and vexed.

Yoonjung quickly shielded her still-swollen eyes with her arm. “Um, what are you doing here?”

“Checking up on you. And what happened to you?” Mark tried to lower her arm, but she refused to let him see her eyes. “You look like a bullfrog.”

“Ha-ha. Thank you,” Yoonjung said dryly.

“…You cried to sleep last night, didn’t you?” Mark accused.

Yoonjung gave a meek shrug. “Did you eat breakfast? I was just about to make something.”

“Can you see with your bullfrog eyes?”

“Mark Tuan! Stop being mean!”

“If I was being mean, I wouldn’t have come to take you out for breakfast,” Mark pointed out.

Yoonjung peeked at him as she bit her lower lip. “My eyes…”

“It doesn’t matter. Go change. I’ll wait here with Janggeun.”

“But-“

“Go.” Mark spun her around and gently pushed her towards the stairs.

Mark watched her go up the stairs and disappear into her room. Janggeun whimpered for attention and his hand. Mark smiled tenderly and his ears. “You were there for Yoonjung when she cried last night weren’t you?” Janggeun barked in confirmation.

“You’re the best, Janggeun. You take care of your owner, all right?” Mark gave him a friendly pat on the head.

 

Mark and Yoonjung arrived at a hotel restaurant and were seated at a table by the window.

The waiter came, and she quickly ducked her head while attempting to hide her eyes.

“Do you still need more time deciding what you would like to eat?” The waiter glanced between them.

“No, we’re ready,” Mark said. He ordered for the both of them, and the waiter left.

Mark looked at Yoonjung and raised an eyebrow. “You know…people will think you cried because of me. All the females who see you will be cursing me to die.”

Yoonjung chuckled, “Sorry.”

Mark softened. “What happened last night? Did you talk to JB?”

“I did,” Yoonjung answered nonchalantly as she took a sip of her orange juice.

“And…?” Mark prompted.

“And…” Her shoulders slumped. “And it didn’t go as well as I hoped it would.” She told him what JB had said, igniting fury inside his heart.

“What?! He didn’t even ask if you’re okay?! He didn’t come by to check on you?! One phone call to scold you, and that’s it?!”

Mark’s fists constricted angrily as a look of disbelief came on his face.

“Yeah…” Yoonjung sighed but attempted a bright smile. “He was probably busy though.”

What’s wrong with him? He’s disappointing me even more. If I knew he would have treated Yoonjung this way, I wouldn’t have let her go to him, Mark thought angrily.

The waiter came with their food and set it in front of them.

“Let’s eat!” Yoonjung started to dig into her food. “I was really hungry. Thanks, Mark. You’re always there for me.” She smiled at him.

Mark softened and pushed her orange juice towards her. “Eat slowly, and drink this so you don’t choke.”

“You’re too nice, Mark. You need to find a good girl to receive your kindness,” Yoonjung declared.

I already did, but she’s taken. Her boyfriend better watch out though. If he brings her to tears again…there’s no guarantee what I’ll do.

When they were done eating, Mark paid while Yoonjung went to use the restroom. He tucked himself in the corner and called JB. After the fifth ring, JB finally answered, “Hello?”

“I didn’t realize how much of a jerk you were,” Mark coldly growled in a low voice.

“What?!”

“You know, the least you can do is ask if she was okay when she came back instead of chastising her for something you couldn’t even do for her.”

“What are you-“ There was a sharp intake of breath before JB crispily spoke, “Are you with Yoonjung right now?”

“Yoonjung was really scared last night, and her eyes were swollen to the size of watermelons this morning. You know why? It’s because of you. You brought tears to her eyes, JB. And I know this isn’t the first time she cried because of you, but it better be the last,” Mark growled. “If you keep upsetting her like this…you might just lose her to another man.”

JB hissed, “What is that supposed to mean?!”

“Mark?” Yoonjung called from behind.

“You got a high school degree. You should know what that means. So fix your attitude before that happens.” Mark hung up before turning to face Yoonjung. “You ready to go?”

Yoonjung smiled and nodded. “Can we stop by the pet shop on the way? I want to buy a few treats for Janggeun. He was probably disappointed I hadn’t given him a part of my breakfast this morning,” she chuckled.

“Sure.” Mark nodded, and they left together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bkEIhmJV14

G.O: No Love

---------------------------------------

Yoonjung’s father didn’t come back even when it was night, and there wasn’t a call from him either, which was a rare occurrence. She simply thought he was busy and didn’t want to pester him with her calls. She curled up on the couch and watched a movie with Janggeun sleeping next to her. She had really wanted to watch this with JB, but they had never had the opportunity to do that.

Yoonjung checked her phone with a sigh.

She was bored.

She missed her college friends.

At least when she was in her dorms, she hadn’t been lonely like this.

The doorbell rang, and Janggeun sat up with alert ears. He barked before trotting towards the door.

Yoonjung got off the couch and headed towards the door. “Who is it?”

“Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum!”

“Don’t make me in the same class as you! I’m your prince!”

Yoonjung chuckled softly and opened the door. “Hi, Youngjae. Hi, Jr.”

They laughed and hugged her.

“It’s so good to see you again in your castle, Snow White.” Jr. kissed her cheek.

“Look what we brought!” Youngjae held up DVDs, hot chocolate packets, cake, and cookies. “It’s time for a movie night without having to stress about school! Finally! It’s winter break, and we can actually enjoy our time together.”

Yoonjung chuckled, “Come on in.” She stepped back and granted them entrance. “I was getting bored, too.” She started to shut the door when a hand shot out and stopped it.

Yoonjung pulled the door back and blinked in surprise. “You again?”

Mark raised an eyebrow. “Should I go back? Okay then.”

Yoonjung stumbled forward and caught his arm. “Don’t be silly, Mark. You know you’re always welcome. Always.” She smiled angelically at him. He was lying to himself when he thought that didn’t faze him at all. His heart skipped a beat as she took his hand and tugged him into her home.

Janggeun barked joyfully at the sight of him and jumped up and down.

“How come he does that to you but not me?” Youngjae complained.

“Because no one likes you,” Jr. joked, and Youngjae kicked him.

Yoonjung smiled at her full, noisy living room and smiled. This is the way it should be. It would be even better if Bambam, Jackson, and Yugyeom were here. It would be perfect…if JB was here.

“Hey,” Youngjae came over. “I can use your stove for the hot chocolate, right?”

“I’ll do it. You just stay put.” Yoonjung took the hot chocolate packets and headed into the kitchen. She had just filled the kettle with water when the doorbell rang. “Hey, can someone get the door?” Yoonjung the stove and started to get cups from the shelf.

“Yoonjung…?” Her eyes grew wide at the voice that had suddenly invaded the kitchen. She lowered the cups onto the counter before spinning around. Her eyes grew even wider in disbelief. “J…B?” She felt like she was dreaming. It felt like a miracle that her boyfriend was standing in her kitchen.

His eyes looked guilt-ridden and repentful as he approached her slowly. “Yoonjung…”

suddenly felt thick and painful. She pinned her gaze on the floor and didn’t move. Her mind was blank. She didn’t know what she should say to him at that moment. They hadn’t exactly fought, but they weren’t on happy terms either.

“I’m sorry,” JB croaked. “Everything is my fault. I shouldn’t have yelled at you last night. I was just worried…but I expressed it in the wrong way. I’m really sorry. Will you…forgive me?”

Yoonjung softened. How could she stay mad at the guy she was in love with? She enclosed the rest of the distance between them and weaved her fingers through his. She looked up at him with doting eyes and smiled. “Of course I will. I know you meant well. I shouldn’t have gotten upset either over such a small thing. I’m sorry for worrying you.”

JB wrapped his arms around her and held her securely. “I’m sorry,” he whispered again. “I’ll be better. I promise.”

Yoonjung rested her cheek against his shoulder and smiled happily. Now everything was perfect.

The couple was too immersed in their reunion to notice the figure watching from the doorway.

At least she’s smiling again. That’s good enough for me. Mark turned and walked away from the intimate scene that crushed his heart.

The sound of the kettle whistling forced JB and Yoonjung to break apart.

“MY HOT CHOCO!” Youngjae bawled from the living room.

“All right. We’re coming,” JB announced.

JB and Yoonjung smiled at each other as they prepared the hot chocolate.

“How did you know they were coming over today anyways?” Yoonjung question.

“Mark told me,” JB replied as he looked at her.

“Oh…” Yoonjung glanced back towards the living room. Mark must have convinced JB to come and apologized. He always pulls caring acts like this.

“Hey, eyes on me,” JB teased. Yoonjung chuckled and shook her head.

JB softly pecked her cheek, and Yoonjung looked at him. “I missed you,” he whispered. She smiled. “I missed you, too.”

JB leaned in to kiss her when Youngjae cried out, “IS MY HOT CHOCO READY YET?! WHAT IS TAKING SO LONG?!”

“Quiet, you tactless bird brain,” Jr. scolded.

JB rolled his eyes. “Let’s go before baby Youngjae starts to actually show tears.”

Yoonjung giggled and picked up the first tray of hot chocolate. They went into the living room and passed the cups to everyone. JB sat down and opened up his arm. Yoonjung sat beside him and snuggled against his side. JB wrapped an arm around her and pressed a tender kiss against her temple.

“You two are the happy couple again.” Jr. beamed.

“Yeah. We were about to go raid you because you left her out in the dust,” Youngjae said.

“Sorry,” JB laughed. “I won’t do that again though. I promised her.” He smiled at Yoonjung who smiled back.

JB looked up, and his smile faded a little as his eyes hardened.

Mark stared back at him with equal intensity. It was a silent warning to be good to Yoonjung.

JB nodded. He was grateful that Mark took care of Yoonjung, but on the other hand, he felt defensive and suspicious of Mark’s intentions.

“What movie should we watch? Star Wars, Deadpool, or Captain America?” Youngjae asked.

“Let’s go with something light, like Deadpool,” JB suggested. Everyone agreed, and the room filled with laughter once the movie started.

When the movie ended, Jr., Youngjae, and Mark left. JB and Yoonjung waved good-bye from outside her gate. She looked at him and asked, “Don’t you have to go practice?”

“I made up an excuse about being sick. They won’t expect me back for a while.” JB wrapped his arms around her from behind and gently kissed her jaw. “I want to spend more time with you.”

Yoonjung beamed and snuggled against him. “I’d want nothing more than just that.” She faced him, and he cupped the back of her neck to kiss her.

Then JB wrapped an arm around her shoulder and led her back into her house.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0hiQJWeRtk

Huh Gak: One Person

----------------------------------

It had only been a few days since JB’s promise to her, but it seemed to have slipped out of his mind once he started practicing for a private trainee showcase. His calls started to dwindle, and so did his appearances. She had only seen him twice after he had come over to her house, and one had just been for ten minutes since he had to go back for vocal training.

She knew he was trying his best, and that was enough for her for now.

Or maybe…she had subconsciously been giving up on him.

“Okay, bye. Good luck,” Yoonjung told JB before he hung up on her. She gave a silent sigh and went back to the living room where Mark was at. Once again, she found herself in his company. They were starting to hang out more and more, and oddly enough, it felt normal and…nice.

Mark gave her a curious look as she sat beside him. Janggeun whimpered for attention and placed his head on Mark’s lap.

Mark gently rubbed his fur but kept his eyes on Yoonjung. “What’s wrong? JB can’t make it again?”

Yoonjung shook her head. “Nope. He has training.”

Mark studied her face and was surprised to find no trace of disappointment or sadness. I don’t know if that’s exactly a good thing or not…

Yoonjung held up the two DVDs Youngjae had left last time. “Which one?”

“Whatever you want.”

“I can’t choose.”

“Just choose.”

“Let’s play rock-paper-scissors for it.”

“Seriously?” Mark gave her a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter