Happy Birthday, Donghae! But... why does it seem as if Donghae's birthday is doing the exact opposite? Is he really maturing with age or just his appearance? How can someone be THAT CHILDISH?

Happy Birthday, Donghae! Or not.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hahaha. Chapter nine finally posted! :) Enjoy!

~~~~~~

 

As they went inside the hotel and inside the restaurant, they were suddenly bombarded with questions.

 

“Where the hell did you guys go?!”

 

“Yah, Lee Donghae! You’re the one who’s supposed to be enjoying here! Instead you run and bail on us?!”

 

“Don’t blame me if almost all the food is gone…”

 

“Yah! Where were you, guys? We got so bored waiting for you that we almost fell asleep!”

 

“I LOVE PINK!”

 

Everyone stopped mid-sentence and stared at Sungmin. He pouted and shrugged.

 

“What? You were all screaming so loudly that I got jealous. I screamed the first thing that popped into my mind.” he smiled his ‘cute’ and ‘adorable’ smile.

 

They all looked at him like he had grown two heads and shook their heads, muttering something negative about the color pink. All except for Heechul – who was obviously a big fan of the color as well – as he smirked and put an arm around Sungmin.

 

Deciding to break the awkward silence, Leeteuk clapped his hands and grinned.

 

“Okay guys! Why don’t we prepare the games as Donghae-ah and Eunhyuk-ah eat?”

 

And making sure Donghae wasn’t looking, he winked at them. Realizing and getting what Leeteuk meant, the members hastily scampered away, leaving the three of them alone.

 

“Leeteuk-sshi?” Eunhyuk asked nervously.

 

The leader looked at him and tenderly smiled, like he had forgotten everything that had happened before between them. Donghae looked between the two, then quickly muttered an excuse and walked away. He sat down on the table and ate where he left off.

 

“Ne, Eunhyuk-ah?”

 

Eunhyuk suddenly felt like a kid again, afraid of being scolded by his dad. He fidgeted under Leeteuk’s gaze and twiddled his thumbs.

 

He almost screamed like a girl as he felt Leeteuk’s hand grab his shoulder. He squeezed it softly and reassuringly. Eunhyuk’s vision blurred as he tried to fight back tears. Now this was the Leeteuk he adored and idolized. Eunhyuk knew that Leeteuk understood how he feels right now, and is making sure that it was really okay with him. He had always admired this certain trait of his. He remembered all the things he had said to them before.

 

“The past is behind, learn from it. The future is ahead, prepare for it. The present is here, live it.”

 

“You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone. Close the door on the past. You don't try to forget the mistakes, but you don't dwell on it. You don't let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space.”<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter