Happy Birthday, Donghae! But... why does it seem as if Donghae's birthday is doing the exact opposite? Is he really maturing with age or just his appearance? How can someone be THAT CHILDISH?

Happy Birthday, Donghae! Or not.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tenth chapter! :) Enjoy reading. But I'll admit it, I ALMOST cried while typing this. :( I love you, Donghae oppa. 

~~~~~~

 

He froze as he saw Donghae, centimetres away from his face, pouting. His eyes were shining like those of a child who wants a big and shiny toy for Christmas. He tried his best to make his face neutral but his expression gave him away immediately.

 

Seeing this, Donghae suddenly grabbed Eunhyuk and hugged him. Eunhyuk’s eyes widened. He was frozen to the spot.

 

“Donghae, what the h- oof!” He wasn’t able to finish his question as he felt the air being squeezed out of his lungs. Donghae’s arms tightened and he buried his face on the crook of his neck. He wanted to pull away, but his actions surprised him. Instead of pulling away, he patted Donghae’s back and sighed.

 

“What was that for?” He asked out of curiosity.

 

Donghae lifted his face from his neck and smiled sadly.

 

“Nothing, i-it’s just that the song that’s playing now… I just n-needed comfort.”

 

Eunhyuk tried to listen to the song and gasped. It was that song. He suddenly hugged the younger male and whispered soothing words to him. He felt his shirt get wet and knew that Donghae was crying. But he didn’t care about his shirt, all he cared about was Donghae to be okay.

 

Why is this song even on their playlist? Chincha… I’m sorry, Donghae.

 

He was about to stand so that he could change the song, but was surprised to be pulled back down to his seat. He looked at Donghae, confused. Donghae just smiled and shook his head and mouthed ‘It’s okay.’ He let Donghae cry his sorrows away and listened to the song. He patted his dongsaeng’s back tenderly.

 

The loneliness of nights alone

The search for strength to carry on

My every hope has seemed to die

My eyes had no more tears to cry

Then like the sun shining up above

You surrounded me with your endless love

‘Cause all the things I couldn't see are now so clear to me

 

You are my everything

Nothing your love won't bring

My life is yours alone

The only love I've ever known

Your spirit pulls me through

When nothing else will do

Every night I pray

On bended knee

That you will always be

My everything

 

Donghae had never felt this extreme wave of sadness in his life before. He knew that he should be happy since it’s his birthday, but he also felt selfish at the same time that he should be happy when his dad… is dead.

 

And just like that, fresh tears fell down his face.

 

Now all my hopes and all my dreams

Are suddenly reality 

You've opened up my heart to feel

A kind of love that's truly real

A g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter