Part 6

EXO Next Door

 

 

 

"Why do you guys look so awkward?" Sehun ask the three of them. "Are you guys mad or what?" Tao ask. "Why are you here Tao?" Chanyeol said quickly. "There's no point in staying at a big house alone right? So that's why I'm here." he reply. "I'll be heading to the shower first." Ga Young said rushing off to her room. "I'll be heading to my room then." Chanyeol said following behind Ga Young's footsteps. "What happen?" Sehun ask Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo shrugs, "I don't know."

It was midnight. Chanyeol woke up because he was thristy for water. As he walk into the kitchen he saw Ga Young making coffee. He sneak behind her and startled her, she smack his arms, "People are sleeping! Don't creep up on me like that unless you want to get burn." she return back making her coffee. "Earlier..." Chanyeol soflty spoke. She turn back to face Chanyeol, " I know."  Chanyeol was confuse, "You know what?" he ask. She grab him by the neck and their faces was next to each other, "It was a mistake. I got it. You just couldn't control your boys hormones in there." Chanyeol stare at her," Next time, just keep them hormones in your room. Trust me, no girl want a dude to just suddenly kiss her. It's creepy. " she turn her back at Chanyeol. "Go to sleep." she wave bye and close her door shut. Chanyeol let out a laugh, "Why are you laughing?" Kyungsoo voice could be heard in the dark hallway. "Why are you up?" Kyungsoo ask when he got closer to the kitchen. "Chanyeol sat down and drank a cup of water, "I was just thristy. And  you?" Kyungsoo sat down next to Chanyeol, " I couldn't sleep."  Suddenly, Baekhyun voice could be heard in the hallway," Oh! You guys are up too!!" he rush towards them and sat down next to Chanyeol. "What are you guys talking about?? Did he tell you about his feelings for Ga Young?" "Shut up Baek and go back to sleep." Chanyeol said. "I tell you! My gut feeling is always right-" he was interrupted by Kyungsoo. "Who wouldn't like her?" Baekhyun stare at Kyungsoo. "Oh! Kyungsoo...do you? No way!" he said soflty not trying to wake up the house. Kyungsoo just play with his cup and smile,"She's interesting and cute. Who doesn't like a girl like that." Baekhyun touch his stomach," My bad Chanyeol. I guess my gut feelings can be wrong at times." Suddenly, Sehun walk to the living room couch and lay their with his big grey jacket and blanket. "Why are you sleeping here?" Baekhyun said as he got up and walk towards Sehun. "Baekhyun was right. You were right." "What do you mean I was right?" Sehun let out a sigh, "Tao disappear.We were talking about where we were going to go for bubble tea and he just disappear."  "Don't be depress about Tao, Sehun." Kyungsoo said trying to comfort Sehun. "It's not that. Just, tomorrow I have nobody to drink bubble tea with." Baekhyun smack the youngest in the forehead. "Idiot! Tao just disappear and this is all you can think of." Sehun sat up rubbing his forehead, "You guys said to not care about it! So that's what I'm doing. Plus we're all going to see each other sooner anyways jeez." he said hiding undeneath his blanket out of anger. "Come on guys, let's just go to sle-" Kyungsoo was interrupted when suddenly the kitchen light bursts. There was only darkness." Hyung, is that a sign as well?" Sehun ask. "If my feeling is right, then I think so. We'll see in a couple of days."

"You were cute when you were little as well." Kyungsoo said looking at Ga Young's baby pictures. "As well? What does that mean? No way..." she thought. "I tried when I was little." she joke around. "I'll be back, I need to use the restroom." she headed to the hallway when she notice Chanyeol's door half open. "That's wierd. Usually his door is always close." She walks inside when she saw Chanyeol coming out form the bathroom in his blue robe. "What the heck are you doing?" Chanyeol said covering his body even though it was cover."Sorry! My timing are always bad." she turn back when Chanyeol call out to her, "You want to go and get some ice cream?" he spoke softly as if he was embarrass. Ga Young thought about. She was craving ice cream since she haven't had it for a while. "Sure, but you better be buying. I'll tell the others." "No, just us two." "What about your fans?" "I'll just cover myself again, no worries."

 

" I don't know why you just want us two." she said biting into her ice cream bar. "Just less to spend on and more quiet you know." he said biting into his ice cream bar. "I know a place where it's quiet and far away from the city and people. It takes at least an hour to get there by car. " "Where?" he ask. "It's just a beach. We should all go before..you know. Let's plan it next week." Chanyeol nodded . Suddenly Ga Young saw her old elementary school," There! Let's go there!" she tap on Chanyeol's arm. Confuse, he just follow her into the school ground. "This place looks old." he said. "It is. They shut it down because the school didn't have enough money or something like that." She said sitting down onto the swings. She gesture Chanyeol to sit as well and he did. "Isn't it quiet here?" she ask. Chanyeol nodded. "I use to come buy snacks in front of that gate over with my father." Chanyeol looked at the old dusty gate, "I'm sorry." he reply. "it's alright. It's nice to have memories of him even if it brings me pain or happiness. About your grandfather, I'm also sorry." Chanyeol stop swinging, "Thanks.I was a small chlid back then. I felt so hopeless back then you know." Ga Young stop swinging and stare at Chanyeol, "It's not your fault though. You couldn't do anything because you were a child." "I know but...I just..felt like it was my fault. I had an agruement with my grandfather when he was driving and it just happen. No one help me because I was..alone.." Chanyeol eyes was teary and Ga Young saw that. He sniffle, "Right before he passed away, he gave me the necklace to help me through struggles." he shifted his red scarf that was blocking his face and held onto the necklace. "It's...it's all my fault.." tears fell down onto his cheeks. Ga Young stood up and stood in front of him wiping away his tears. "It's not your fault. He suffered a lot...and I didn't even know that. I guess we both are alike somehow." Tears continued to run down his cheeks, Ga Young hug Chanyeol, "It's okay. Don't cry about it." she patted his head. Ga Young look down at Chanyeol's red scarf and saw her father and her initals on it. She lean back and squatted down to look at Chanyeol's teary face, "That scarf?" Chanyeol sniffle again. Without realizing it, her hands cupped his cheeks and wipe away the tears again. Her head reach up slowly and kiss Chanyeol on the forehead. She lean back down and Chanyeol look at her in the eyes still in tears. She lean forward to kiss Chanyeol on the lips. They both close their eyes as their lips made contact. Chanyeol holding her face so he continued to kiss her deeper. At that moment, Kyungsoo arrive in front of the school. He check his phone and look at the text, "~We are at Ga Young's high school. I'll text you the place. It looks like she's having a fever. Come quick~ Chanyeol" Kyungsoo held onto his bags of medicene he bought and look at the two who was still kissing. As they were stil kissing, Ga Young began to tear when a sudden thought came into her mind. "Don't get invovle with it. Don't show any feelings. Ignore him if you can. Don't make yourself and him weak. If you do, all of us will suffer, but he will suffer the most from our mother. He'll disappear like the other two and erase from everyone's minds including yours. Remember that, we are one."