Chapter 01

The One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 01:[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]

The morning, she was always greeted by his mega-watt smile. He always wakes up earlier to watch her sleeping figure.

 

It began after their wedding. He always wanted to spend more time together, causing him to wake up earlier, but he could not wake her up … not at 5 am!

 

It became his habit. And he never missed a morning to watch her sleeping in his arms. She became aware of that habit of his, always asking him why he’s an early riser.

 

She started waking up earlier than usual as well.

 

 It turned to a sort of contest between them, who would wake up first and observe the other sleeping peacefully right by his side.

 

He always wins.

 

It wasn’t the case that morning. She found his eyes closed, his mouth slightly open –a habit of his- and his body constant. She was beyond happy, and did an imaginary victory dance.

 

She just laid there and watched him. She understood why he always woke up first; it had the privilege of showing your significant other in such a peaceful and unbreakable moment. She could, right there, feel the mixture of happiness; love; blessing and faith by watching him.

 

She understood why.

 

He slowly opened his eyes, his eyelids felt heavy and his eyes were red. He flashed his signature smile and closed them again.

 

“Good morning oppa.” She stuck her tongue celebrating her win.

 

“You woke up earlier love.” Her face showed immediate concern after he finished his sentence with a husky voice followed by few coughs.

 

She stretched her arms to sense his face and she knew it, it was burning hot. She ran to the bathroom and placed cold compress on his forehead.

 

He barely opened his eyes, but it was enough to read concern on her face, a faint smile showed.

 

“I’m fine honey.” It made her more worried since he coughed badly after.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter