07 | Trust

= The Thief & The Lawyer =
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

❝07 | Trust
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                   "I don't trust words, I trust actions...."  "I forgive but don't forget, because I never want to be hurt twice..."

"I know this smell....it's the smell of a dead body..."

Dongwoon's shocked...he has no words..."A-ah yeah? Is my after shave that bad?" Dongwoon sits down onto the bed drying his hair with a towel. Doojoon keeps a straight face. "You know exactly what I'm talking about..." "W-why should I smell like a dead body? That's just your imagination....no wonder in your thoughts you are always at work...you really need to relax yourself...." Dongwoon lays down onto the bed. Nobody says a word and Dongwoon's getting more and more nervous. "Maybe you're right...I have worked too long...I can't think about anything else..." Doojoon lays himself down beside Dongwoon and turns off the lights. "I'm sorry for blaming you without a reason....since I'm  a cop I became very mistrustful..." "N-no problem...." Dongwoon feels bad for lying to him. He closes his eyes and tries to sleep....

Junhyung and Hyunseung are making a fire. They are on a huge grassland without any civilization. Hyunseung looks at Junhyung feeling uneasy. "Are you shure that we're doing the right thing?" "What are you talking about? There's no right choice anymore....since we already killed him we need to finish it properly..."

...

Yoseob's out of breath. He has blood on his face and his clothes are soaked in blood, too. A man with a suit is laying on the ground. The person's whole body is trembling. "Please...d-don't kill me....I have wife and two kids...." "I have no choice..." Yoseob takes a few steps closer to him and ends his life with a gunshot.  

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

At the office...

Doojoon's is working with Dongwoon on his case. They're both sitting on a couch in his bureau. Doojoon lays a slip of paper onto the table and looks at Dongwoon. "So...these are all of the people who knew your mother...right?" Dongwoon nods. "It may won't matter but what kind of person was your father like? Perhaps do you know about any other contacts he had?" "Well...he never brought anyone...he always left the house....drinking till late at night....besides I never dared to ask him about his doings..." "So you weren't curious at all?" "Shure...but he has been very violent towards me and my mum....I was scared..." "Oh...I'm sorry to hear that....I never thought that..." Dongwoon interrupts Doojoon. "Whatever....it is how it is....it's in the past anyway....After all he's finally dead..." Doojoon looks at Dongwoon. Dongwoon's face doesn't show a reaction but Doojoon doesn't believe that he's really alright... 

"WHAT!?" Gikwang looks at Yoseob with his eyes wide open. "You did what...?!" Yoseob tries to calm him down. "I had to do it. The wife from my boss gave me this job...if I haven't done it I'm sure that our month-long work would have been crashed down..." "I know...but....we can't just walk along and kill somebody...I wonder how our boss is going to react about that..."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter