04 | Money

= The Thief & The Lawyer =
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

❝04 | Money
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                   "I don't trust words, I trust actions...."  "I forgive but don't forget, because I never want to be hurt twice..."

Doojoon and Gikwang are leaving their workstation. The investigations are still very tough. Today Dongwoon and Doojoon wanted to talk about the case but strangely Dongwoon didn't arrive...

Doojoon opens the front door of his house. His mother greets him full of joy. "Annyeong. I hope you had a great day. I already prepared the dishes." Doojoon takes of his shoes and his jacket. He sits down onto the pillow to sit in front of the small table.

 

Meanwhile at Junhyungs home...

Hyunseung and Dongwoon are eating ramen together with Junhyung. "Delicious! Even the simplest dish can taste like heaven, right guys?" Hyunseung and Dongwoon are nodding. "I'm happy to see you guys at my place eating together...Sadly I have a stressful time with my deals...getting paid etc. I hope you understand..." "Of course we do...we both have also a lot to do, right Dongwoon?" 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Doojoon has finished his meal and gets up to get to his room. He sits down onto the edge of the bed then he opens the upper drawer from the nightstand. He takes out a small box and opens it. "Strange...why is there only 1,000 Won? I already saved 2,000,000(around 1800$)..."Doojoon leaves his room and knocks onto the door from his sister Eun-hye. He opens the door. "What's the matter...Doojoon?" "Did you take my money out of the box?" "No...why should I?" Doojoon knows that she's lying. "So you aren't going to tell me the truth?" "What truth?" "As you wish..." Doojoon leaves the room.  He already know that she has taken the money and sooner or later she will have to give it back. He hopes that she will give it to him without pressure....

Suddenly Doojoon remembers her showing a new bag. Doojoon turns back into her room. "Yah! Why did you just get in?!" "Show me your bag!" "Which bag? And why?" "You know what I'm talking about..." He waits for a moment but since she doesn't make a move he decides to look for it by himself. He quickly found the bag laying at the corner. Lucky him the price tag is still on it. "What? You bought a bag for 800,000 Won?!" "So what? It's a brand and it was on sale...and I needed a knew one..." Doojoon takes a deep breath to calm himself. "So you want to tell me in all seriousness that you really needed this particular bag? Ah...and where's the rest? Don't tell me you already spent the remaining money as well..." Eun-hye looks down. Doojoon has no words. "Oh lord...why could you...I just saved enough for an emergency...and you buy these useless things..." Doojoon takes the bag and gets out of the room. Eun-hye grabs his arm. "Wait...I'm sorry...my friends gave me high-pressure...I didn't want to buy it in the first place. I just looked at it and said that I would love it. They don't know that I'm poor and I didn't want to shame myself...I promise that I will never do it again...please say something... " Doojoon stays silent for a moment.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter