16 | Prison

= The Thief & The Lawyer =
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

❝16 | Prison
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                   "I don't trust words, I trust actions...."  "I forgive but don't forget, because I never want to be hurt twice..."

 

Dongwoon opened his eyes...

It was dark. As he raised his body he noticed that his back hurts. He looked around and saw a small light making his way trough the door, which is almost right in front of him. The room was very small and there is no furniture beside the bed and a toilet in the corner. 

"Damn...so this will be my new home..."

-------

In the hospital...

Gikwang and Yoseob where sitting beside Doojoon's bed. Gikwang was looking at the letter he was holding in his hands.

"I still can't believe this is real...he seemed so nice all the time."

Yoseob shook his had. "Yes he was nice...but we, as police officers, should know it better. I mean almost 90% of the criminals seem to be 'nice' but that doesn't mean that they can't be a criminal as well. We where blinded by his acting. He seemed so helpless, but I guess that was all part of his plan. It was smart to make friends with the police and to act as a victim, to take the attention away from him." 

"Yes, you're right, but still I-"

Yoseob made a sign at Gikwang to stop talking. Both eyes wandered to Doojoon. He was sitting there motionless, gazing into space. Both where looking at each other while shrugging their shoulders in wonder of what Doojoon was thinking. Yoseob got up. "Okay. I guess we should leave. Don't worry Doojoon. You need to rest first. We will take care of the rest for now. Bye." He left the room. Gikwang got up too. "Bye Doojoon. You heard it: We will deal with it. See you soon."

The door was closed. Still Doojoon didn't move a bit. It seemed that he didn't even notice them leaving.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

One day later... [in Prison]

"Here is your food." A bright light is shining trough the door. The man shoved the tablet on the floor which caused a loud scratch. The officer shut the door with a loud bang and locked the door immediately. "Man that's harsh. I guess prisoners don't deserve any respect in here, or do we?" He smiled to himself and began to eat. Then a thought came into his mind. "I wonder what will happen to my father... Will they manage to catch him?" 

-------

At the hospital.

A nurse opened the door to Doojoon's room. "Mr. Yoon. There is a guest for you." Eun-Hye wal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter