so, it didn't last

your lips are heaven, but your words are hell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So it didn't last – that doesn't mean it wasn't good.

▒ 

 

The interview had been going on for a while, with the interviewer (whose name, Jiyong thinks, is Simon) asking him the basic questions people usually ask when he or Big Bang release something new. It was the same, "what inspired you?", "how long did it take?", "how do you feel?", etc. He replies the same thing he always has. He was inspired by a previous relationship, how long composition and production take depends, and that he feels accomplishment but also a sense of melancholy when he releases emotional songs like this. His train of thought drifts off somewhere far until Simon's cough brings him back. Jiyong's eyes dart back to his interviewer as his mouth slightly opens at the question he asks next.

"Seeing as how these songs tend to be heartbreaking and sometimes cruel, was your previous relationship something you don't fondly look back at? You seem to have loved this girl so much, but it didn't last. Does that mean it wasn't a good relationship?"

Jiyong stiffens at the mention of that previous relationship. Never had he ever been asked this question. He is quiet for a moment before letting out a small chuckle.

"Just because it didn't last, doesn't mean it wasn't good," is all he says.

"How so?" Simon asks.

Jiyong leans forward with his elbows rested on his knees for these. He looks at his palms, reminiscing that relationship in order to have something to say. He looks up at Simon only a moment later.

"My ex-girlfriend was amazing. Is amazing. She's beautiful and kind and passionate. She's a girl that only exists in men's dreams. And for me to have been able to have the privelege to say that I was hers and that she was mines is truly an honor because that's just how great of a person she is. There was never anything wrong with her, or me, or us. Sometimes we clashed because our p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter