of Surprises

His Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeon Haru's POV

I groan at the sound of the alarm clock disturbing my sleep, feeling myself getting pissed at the mere sound. With an eye opened, I reach out and stop the blaring sound. I roll onto my side, wanting to continue my sleep. I close my eyes and bury my head in the pillow.

Today is Saturday, which reminds me of the dinner with my father. What is it that he wanted to talk about? The fact that he sounded serious on the phone scares me. I hate not knowing anything, it somehow makes me feel vulnerable. I have always known that my father has my future planned and that is one of the reasons why I hate it because I never know what is it that he is planning. 

Is it the college I am going to? Is it the job? 

My father is almost like a man of few words. He never shares anything with me, but I know he loves me despite his way of taking care of me. 

After a minute or two just staring into space, I sigh and decide to drag myself out of the bed to get ready for the day. Sleep doesn't sound like fun anymore. I go through my routine of taking a long shower to clear my mind, getting dressed and doing my makeup. I don't really bother going to the kitchen to make breakfast because I am not fond of eating alone. 

I fish out my phone out of my back pocket, already thinking of the place to eat my breakfast as my thumb hover over the phone's screen but then I hesitate. I let out a dry chuckle which doesn't sound like me at all. 

What was I thinking, really?

I was about to call Luhan, asking him to accompany me for breakfast. It is not something to be weirded out, really. But it is the fact that things are not the same anymore between us. I can no longer call him randomly just to accompany me for breakfast or shopping. I can't just call him to come to my place for a movie marathon. I can't just randomly walk into his apartment out of the bore. 

Because rest assured that Luhan hates my guts ever since that day.

With a sigh, I decide that eating alone shouldn't be that bad.

 

 

 

 

"What's with that sulking face?" Seulgi is the first to greet her as she takes a seat in front of Haru and Yeri beside her. Yeri shrugs, also finding it quite weird. It is not usual for Haru to call them asking them to join her for breakfast, not that they mind (they know Haru is always with him anyway).

"Yeah, you know you can always tell us anything we're going to listen. We're your friends, Haru." Yeri mutters as she pats her back, hoping to make her feel better. It makes them feel bad not knowing what has been bothering their friend these past few weeks but they couldn't really do anything because she refuses to tell them.

She is not going to burden her friends with this kind of problem. She believes Luhan will be back to normal, she wants to believe just that. 

"Don't worry about me. I'm really fine. It's just that school's stressing me out," she says, her tone light, hiding the fact that she is anything but fine. Looking around the parking where her friends park their car, Haru frowns when she realizes that Joohyun is nowhere to be found. "Where's Joohyun, by the way?"

"Oh, she's not coming. Said she needs to go to the airport to fetch her mom," Seulgi mutters, her eyes busy scanning the menu. Haru nods silently as she stares into space. 

After a minute of silence, she decides to tell her friends about the dinner with her father in case they are planning to ask her out for shopping, (especially Yeri). Seulgi raises her brow, wondering why her father suddenly decides to have that dinner. It seems important and she can only hope everything is going to be fine.

She puts her bag on her laps and gives her outfit a once-over. She already dresses nicely so she is not planning to go straight home. "Are you guys free today? I'm in the mood to go shopping and maybe watch the newly released horror movie at the cinema. "

Yeri grins and gives her a thumb up, being the one who is always up for movies and shopping. Seulgi, on the other hand only shrugs. It's not like she has any plans for today. 

 

 

 

 

"But, dad, didn't you say we're going to have dinner at home?" she says, eyes glancing at her stepmom hoping for support, but her stepmother only shakes her head with a small smile on her face. She doesn't feel like having dinner at the restaurant. Whatever it is that her father is planning to tell her can be done at home. 

"I told you to be at home for dinner. I never mentioned anything about having dinner at home, young lady." H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter