The First Rainfall

DECEMBER RAIN

NOTES FROM THE AUTHOR:

 

Hi December Rain readers!

Finally! School is over for this year. So here's an update! Yay! Hope I did not disappoint you because it kinda took me too long.

By the way, do not forget to leave comments so I'll have at least an idea of whether people are reading. I don't bite and would love it if you guys befriend me. I'm no monster, trust me. Haha. Let me know what you guys think, pleazy? :)

 

Lots of love,

TheDorkProof

 

CHAPTER 5. The First Rainfall

Eat all you can, Noona. Halmeoni makes really good bulgogi,” said Jimin, his eyes smiling to its fullest yet again.

My thoughts of a fancy restaurant immediately filled my mind. Like my tummy commanded my brain to do so because it has been starving since seven in the morning. I initially thought they'd be treating me out to a rather gorgeous restaurant. Instead, they headed to a humble eatery near their dormitory, perhaps only two blocks away if my estimates do not fail me. The smoke looked filthy but it smelled scrumptious anyway so it wasn't something to complain about. From the feels of it, it looks like it was really a restaurant close these guys' hearts. It was owned by an old woman they claimed to have been taking care of them in terms of food problems.

 

Naru noona it may seem like this place is a bit cheap and simple but this is actually where we like to celebrate,” explained Suga. Perhaps he read my questions through my eyes.

 

No no no. I actually like this. Better actually. My grandma makes most of my food too,” I muttered, keeping the lies sounding half-true. “Where is Manager Kang by the way? He kind of popped out.”

 

Oh I remember. He exited about a few minutes ago. He got a call from his wife. I think she gave birth. He didnt have enough time to excuse himself,” said Namjoon in his leader-ish tone.

 

The table was a feast. I know for a fact that guys are indeed voracious but these seven men's tummies are bottomless. They eat like they've been deprived of it for years. But then there's Jimin, adorably making life easier for me. When he caught a glimpse of me just watching over them maul at the food, he dropped his chopsticks down and started assisting me. I hated it. I mean, it shouldn't be the case. It wasn't that I didn't want to eat but I was just in total awe that I am actually sharing the same dinner table as all seven of them. Jimin, perhaps, is getting the impression that I am a lame eater, which I totally am not. I should be noshing on but Jimin's gestures were so sweet I had to respect him. It was weird I kept looking at his well-shaped eyebrows down to his cheeks. Well, based on how I see the situation, I bet no one will ever notice I am x-raying a BTS member again.

 

There noona! Please don't be shy,” Jimin said while he poured red iced tea on my glass. “Just think of us as your little brothers.”

 

Yeah right. Little brothers. My mind automatically protested to that idea he thought I'd buy. Slowly, and trying to be graceful, I started munching. But my growling tummy couldn't stand it anymore I had to accelerate. They're busy eating anyway, I thought to myself. So I started eating the way I got used to since I left the mansion. Voracious as it may seem, I gulped down samgyeopsal to samgyeopsal, bulgogi to bulgogi, kimchi to kimchi until …until … until …

Noona you're choking!” screamed V.

Jin immediately passed a glass of water to Jimin who was sitting right beside me. I tried my best to gulp down whatever was left in my God-forsaken mouth just so I wouldn't cough it out to anyone of them. It was difficult but I survived it anyway. It was a relief. The water pushed it all down without making a huge embarrassment such as spitting the food out. Because if that happened, I could promise I'd be slitting my wrist right after that dinner.

 

I wanted to wipe the smear of water near my lips. I reached for what's inside my huge green coat and felt my handkerchief inside, although it somehow felt different. Without hesitation, I started wiping off whatever is on my lips, until I realized all of them were staring at me like I killed someone or something. Their eyes were judging, and I saw V gulp with his Adam's apple. For second I was totally unsure if I'm still in the same dimension as them.

I did not bother to ask. Neither did I know why. I waited for them to say something. Something that'd probably kill the awkward situation.

A few more seconds and their jaws are still dropped.

And then Suga finally muttered, “Noona … that … is … Jungkook's … bo . . .boxer shorts”

Slowly, I looked at what was on my palms. It was a damn undergarment indeed!!!!!!!!

THAT WAS THE SCARIEST HORROR STORY EVER. My panic was silent but severe. The secondhand of every clock stopped in my vision. Things ran into my mind in no particular order. Until I remembered how I tried to pull out my hanky back at the BTS van when a sudden jolt suddened the car which caused my hanky to fall down where I was seated. And most probably I picked out the wrong thing!

I DIED THERE AND THEN.

I couldn't look at Jungkook. Everyone felt secondhand embarrassment. I was numb, tensed and jumpy. Next thing I knew Jungkook walked out of the building. I didn't have to look at his face to know he is indeed infuriated.

I think the wardrobe staff misplaced it when she was tasked to send wardrobe to laundry. Or something of that sort. We bought that for him when we were teasing him during his previous birthday last year.” RapMon was explaining things but I wasn't listening. Still, I was blundered. I can hear the boys say it's okay noona, it's okay. But it wasn't clearly audible and it did not pacify me.

 

I ran outside. I wasn't sure if I wanted to chase Jungkook and say sorry, or if I just wanted to escape the heavy atmosphere. I ran out, almost crying, but I was not. The tears were not visible but inside I am screaming. No Jungkook was within my plain view so I bet he walked home. I saw a lightpost and leaned against it. I let out a big sigh and looked at the half-moon, and how clouds were turning reddish because of the city lights and a warning of a rainfall. Before I could even blink, the rain poured angrily. But I did not move an inch.

Whenever it rains, I got out and drown from it. I love to soak wet from its droplets. The rain, for me, is my version of magic. It never fails to fall whenever I am depressed or extremely emotional. It was like it hears me whenever I needed something to conceal my feelings, my sadness, my tears. At least, when it rains, I wouldn't know whether I'm crying or not.

A sudden pull on my arm frightened me. He grabbed my hand and in a glimpse I was under his coat he turned into a roof. He ran me back under the shade of the restaurant's groundfloor window. It was relatively dark but not until we got under that shade. The lightpost made me more visible.

Aish. Noona! You'll get sick. Don't go soaking in the rain again. Come on let's get inside now.”

I looked at his face because the dim of the night plus the wrath of the rain and the spotlight made by the lightpost all hypnotized me to look at him. I know he is one handsome boy but this time, he amazingly and magically and breathtakingly looked beautiful with his hair dampened by the rain. He looked almost perfect I tried not to attach my eyeballs unto him.

Wait, noona. You look a little different. Something's wrong.”

And finally I realized my prosthetic make-up started to wear off because of the rain. But it was a HUGE RELIEF that only a small portion got washed away. Although I kind of looked weird because it seemed as if my fake eyebags fell impossibly down my cheek.

I have to go. I'm sorry!” At that instant, I ran really fast; so fast that it would be impossible for them to fetch me. I took a cab soon as I saw one. Inside, I checked my face on the mirror and realized if I did not exit, all my make-up would have already worn off in just a few minutes. Hence, I had to run.

 

Oh and by the way, that guy who grabbed me under the lightpost was V, Kim TaeHyung.

 

-end of chapter-