[1]

Good Morning, Love

I woke up that morning to see him smiling, eyes squinted with sleep, lips breaking into a grin as I did the same. His face was half hidden in the plumpness of the pillow we shared. We giggled as if playing peek-a-boo. The sunlight was so bright behind the white curtains behind him his head was circled in a brilliant halo, somehow despite being in shade his eyes shone like glistening ocean, flickering through the shake of his laugh. We were barely awake for minutes, nothing funny had been said. Our schoolyard laughter rustled through me and I became aware of our hands clasped gently under the sheets between us. Had we fallen asleep like this? I don't remember when my dreams began, but nor could I distinguish my dreams from reality normally, every moment seemed too sweet to be true. His face calmed, as did mine. We moved like mirrors, two parts in a clockwork harmony, every motion, every stillness, every breath with him moved my heart towards bliss, and in this moment I had never felt so close to him despite the inches between us. I feel the comfort in us, my hair tickling my neck, the soft dips in the pillow as we breathed together. Never have I felt so content, and as I closed my eyes to savour his presence, pressing our hands together, I felt the air in front of our faces move. I open my eyes, he's smiling brightly once again, an image of the bliss in my mind. 

"Good morning, Love."