Getting Closer

Contract of a Stalker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris woke up early in the morning to do his daily routine: to jog. This time, Jaehyun won’t be able to go with him so he knocked on Suzy’s apartment to invite her.

Suzy squinted when she opened the door. “Sunbae,” she said sleepily.

“Want to jog?” Kris asked and looked at Suzy from bottom to top. “It looks like you’re gaining weight.”

Suzy pouted. “Really? Aw. You think Mark oppa won’t like me when I gain weight?”

Kris rolled his eyes. “Never mind.” Well, he doesn’t like to hear her boyfriend’s name in front of him. It annoys him and somewhat makes him jealous.

“Sunbae! I’ll come with you!” Suzy exclaimed when Kris was about to leave.

“Okay.” He smiled secretly.

 

At the park, where the two were jogging, Suzy kept on checking her phone.

“Ya. Will you stop checking your phone?” Kris asked. He was annoyed.

“Sunbae, Mark oppa is not answering his phone. I tried to call and text him last night but he wasn’t answering,” Suzy said worriedly.

Kris sat on the green grass followed by Suzy. “Maybe he’s already done with you.”

“WHAT?!” Suzy asked surprisingly, facing Kris. “What do you mean he’s done with me? Sunbae!” She pouted and buried her face on her knees.

Kris scoffed. “Because you keep on calling him. Don’t you think he won’t be annoyed if his phone keeps on ringing or maybe vibrating?”

Suzy frowned towards Kris. “I won’t call him if I’m not worried about him.”

Kris crossed his arms above his chest. He raised a brow and said, “You should be worried about yourself.”

“Why?”

“Because I smell something fishy with your boyfriend. I suggest you keep an eye on him.”

Suzy narrowed her eyes towards Kris and crossed her arms above her chest. “Yeah? Could you help me?”

Kris brushed his hair with his fingers and smirked. “And why would I do that?”

Suzy smirked, too, teasing Kris. She leaned towards him and said, “Because…”

“Hey, what are you doing?” Kris asked nervously.

“You are stalking us!” Suzy shouted and pushed him that made him fall on the grass. She laughed.

“Ah! You brat!” Kris exclaimed and sat properly. “So you saw us, huh?”

“Yup! I saw everything! I saw you stupidly drank your hot coffee…” She chuckled.

“It’s a mocha.” He shook his head.

“Whatever. I also saw you when the ball hit your head. So funny.” She laughed again. “And before I forgot the best part.”

He narrowed his eyes suspiciously. “No-no. Not that one. I know what you’re thinking.”

She laughed hilariously. “B32? Oh my Gosh! You looked stupid back there sunbae.”

“Ugh.” He covered his face in embarrassment. “I don’t want to talk about that ever again. That freakin’ Jaehyun. He’s so embarrassing.”

She tapped his shoulder while laughing. Her face already turned red which was adored by Kris. Her face was just beautifully glowing and he liked it. No. He loved it.

His mouth was opened in awe. He gulped and said shyly, “Stop laughing.”

She wiped her eyes, tearing up with joy and nodded. “Sorry, sunbae. I am hoping to see your other side.”

“What do you mean?”

She pursed a smile. “I want to know you more.”

Kris rubbed his arms. “Goosebumps. I’m outta here. I’ll go home now. My dad called me last night and asked me to come to the office.” He stood up.

“Oh, really? He called me, too.”

“Seriously? Then we can go together.”

“No!” She exclaimed and stood up. “He might be angry at me because you caught me stalking you.”

He petted her head and patted her shoulder. “Don’t worry. Everything will be okay.”

Suzy blushed and nodded.

 

{#}

Kris pushed the door opened and entered his father’s office. He was wearing a black formal suit while Suzy was wearing a red formal attire.

“Father,” he called as he and Suzy were walking towards his father’s desk.

Mr. Wu looked at the two with a smile on his face. “You’re here finally. Take a seat.”

“You’re not mad at me, Mr. Wu?” Suzy asked nervously.

Mr. Wu chuckled and shook his head. “No. I know it already, Suzy. Don’t worry.”

“But how did -?”

“Aye. Why ask? Just shut your mouth because my father said you don’t need to worry,” Kris butted in.

Suzy pouted then glared at Kris. “Whatever,” she mouthed.

“So, what do we need to discuss, president?” Kris asked politely.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter