Best Friend

Miss Tomboy

@ Annyeong. (she wave her hand) My name is Jung Yong Joo and my English name is Nicole Jung. I'm 18 years old and was born in Los Angeles, California. When I'm 5 years old my family makes a decision to go back to Korea and start our new life in Jeju Island. In Jeju Island where I live, there are no other girls that have the same age as me. So, I make friends with all the boys and because I have been with them for 13 years, I have grown up like a boy. My personality, attitude, and style were like a guy. Today will be my last day in Jeju Island and I hope that I can just go to Seoul without the need to say goodbye to my friends especially with my best friend, Lee Howon. @

 

Nicole's POV

" Cola! Cola! " Hoya run towards me 'Oh My Gosh! Who tell him about this. What should I do, right now? What should I do? Umm...just did like usual. Yes, greet him.'

" Wassup, Howon. Why are you here? " I greet him but it was awkward. 'Stupid, of course, he come here because he knows that you will move to Seoul today.'

" Cola,.... why you don't.... inform me..... that you.... will move...... to Seoul? " he asks me while still trying to catch his breath. He must run here quickly after he knows about this. I sigh.

" I don't want to inform you because I know that you will react exactly like this " His face look angry and he yelling at me.

" Then, what is the better reaction that I should show when my one and the only best friend will move away from me and worst she did not want to even say goodbye to me directly. " I just chuckle. 'How come he yell at me'

" Then, what did you want from me? Saying goodbye with a smile. Is this what you want? " I take a deep breath. 

" Howon, you know me so well, 13 years is not a short time. Do you know how hard is it for me to say goodbye to you? Do you thing that I don't want to inform you about I'm moving to Seoul? I have tried to do it, but I can't. " My first drop of tears flow on my face. 'This is why I don't want to tell you. I will cry and you know that I hate to cry Howon'

" I'm sorry, Howon," I said mumbling. Howon closes the distance between us and he wipe my tears. 

" Cola, I'm the one that was in fault. I'm sorry because I react like this and never think about your feeling. " He hugs me and I hug him back tightly.

" Yong Joo, palli we need to go to the airport now or we will miss the flight " Appa call me and he enter the car. I release him. I hold his hand and look straight into his eyes.

" Howon, I need to go now. Appa has called me " I hug him again for the last time. " I hope we can meet again later, I will miss you a lot" Then I run towards my family car.

" Cola, take care of yourself. I will follow you there later " Howon shout to me. I stop running and look at him.

" Nae, I will wait for you there. I hope you can accompany me there as soon as possible " I wave to him. " Take care, I love you " 'Wait, what is that? Why do I say that words to him? Oh, I should run now.' I run to my father car quickly. 

 

Hoya's POV

" I love you too, Cola " I whisper back while looking at Nicole running quickly to her car.

" I hope we will meet again. Just wait for me " I look at her family car that was passing by me in a blink of eyes and I saw Nicole was crying while hugging her mom. Without I realize tear drops from my eyes.

" I'm sure that I'm going to miss you "  I walk slowly to my grandfather house with a feeling of missing something precious. 'Nicole you just leave but I feel like my whole world has destroyed' Then, I bring out my phone and call my father.

"Yoboseyo?" I heard my father voice.

"Yoboseyo, Appa this is me. Howon" I said on the phone when I heard my father voice.

"Howon, my son. Why you call me?" dad excitedly answer my call.

"Appa, I want to go back to Seoul," I said to him. Dad doesn't reply me back.

"Appa, are you still on the line?" I ask him because there is no answer from him.

"Howon, are you serious. You want to come back to Seoul and study in Seoul High School?" dad ask me.'Wait! I don't know Nicole will study at which school so what should I do?'

"Dad, I'm serious with going back to Seoul but I'm not sure about continuing my studying at Seoul High School," I said to dad and I can hear him sigh.

"Howon, but Seoul High School was the best school in Seoul and as the heir of Woollim Corporation, you should study there. If not, I won't let you move here." dad said to me firmly. 'I think it was better for me to move to Seoul and attend a different school from Nicole than stay here in Jeju and miss her like crazy. At least in Seoul, I can meet her'

"Find, Appa. I will study at Seoul High School" I said to him feeling his action was not fair.

"That is my son. Appa will ask your bodyguard to go there and bring you here in Seoul," said Appa excitedly.

 

@ Annyeong. (he winks at you) My name is Lee Howon. I'm 18 years old. I was the only heir of Woollim Corporation. When I was 5 years old, my parents bring me to visit my grandparents in Jeju Island during spring. Then, I meet Nicole when I was playing alone at grandpa farm. I have promised her to play with her everyday and that's why I stay with my grandparent for 13 years old just because of her. But, who knows that she want to move to Seoul and leave me alone. But then, I made a promise again to meet her in Seoul so I call my dad and inform him that I want to go back to Seoul and the reason is 'My Cola' was there. So, Nicole waits for me. I will be there with you later. @

 

Nicole's POV

 " Yong Joo baby, please don't cry. You make me sad looking at your condition right now " said mom. The moment I enter the car I start crying heavily. Mom hugs me and calms me down.

" Baby girl, Appa was so sorry because we bring you away from Howon, " said dad with his sorry face.

" Umma, Appa, I will meet Howon again, right? " I ask them after I stop crying.

" Nae, baby girl. You will meet Howon again. Appa promises you " Dad answer my question and try to cheer me up.

" Dad, how is Seoul? " I ask him because I was so curious.

" Seoul has a lot of big building that was tall " 'Really? How big and tall it can be, is it as big as elephant and as tall as giraffe?' I get really curious. I think I want to go there now so that I can saw it with my own eyes. Appa and Umma make me feel excited already. 'Seoul here I come.'