Birthday, birthdate.

Carousel: Part 2 (ON HOLD)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: Sorry for the looooooooooooooooooong break. Had exams and now am back in Korea, and staying up late to write this. Enjoy...

After a whole day of photoshoot, Jihyo went home rather late. She saw Gary sleeping on the sofa and smiled. She took off her shoes carefully. She then put her things down and stood close by the sofa and chuckled. She took out her phone and took a picture of him, leaning closely. She posted it, wishing everyone a good night. All she did till that moment didn’t wake him up. What woke Gary up was her brief kiss.

“You’re back?” He instantly asked her, a smile on his face. She nodded and smiled. Then he turned a bit bitter. “Jaemisseosseo?” He asked her, his face plain, closing his eyes while lying on the sofa.

“Eung.” She said. She always tried to make every work fun. She smiled at how childish he was. She knew he must’ve seen some of the promotional pictures from her upcoming drama. “Are you going to ignore me like that?” She asked him. He knew she was still watching him, so without a word, he nodded. “At least go inside our room, then.” She told him. It was late anyway, he must have been tired. With a child-like pout, Gary stood up and walked into their bedroom. Jihyo laughed silently, watching him as he walked into their room, leaving the door wide open. She rinsed herself and got changed into her pajamas.

“Mongji…” Gary whined as she stepped out of the bathroom. She chuckled.

“Wae?” She looked at him, sprawled on top of their bed. She sat down on their bed, looking at him. She rested her back against the headrest, slipping her tired legs under the blanket. Gary snuggled closer, putting his head on her lap. She traced her hand along his face lightly. “Are you still mad that we didn’t get to spend our day off together?” She asked him quietly. He nodded and she smiled, she knew it was her fault.

“I was lonely.” He said with a hushed tone. She rested her one arm on his body and took her phone with the other hand. For a while, they just rested like that, recharging themselves after a long day. Jihyo still got text messages from her co-stars and crew. Without replying to it yet, she put it down.

“I’m sorry I had to work.” She said softly. He looked up at her and she smiled. He smiled too. He knew it was a part of her job, but they the day planned out when she suddenly had to go.

“Himdeureo?” His affectionate tone finally returned. She just smiled at him, wanting to change the topic. He turned to face her, still lying on her lap, his head facing her body. “Jal meogeosseo?” He asked again. He knew too well that when things get really busy, skipping meals weren’t rare for her. She chuckled at his sudden rush of questions.

“Eo.” She said to satisfy him. “Manhi meogeosseo.” She added, chuckling. He wrapped his arms around her waist lazily, his eyes heavy.

“Are you going to go off again tomorrow?” He asked her, still bitter although she knew he had forgiven her. She shook her head quietly with a smile plastered on her face. “Good, because I’m not letting the two of you out of my sight tomorrow.” He said to her. She laughed and slid herself down, pulling the covers over them.

“Let’s sleep.” She told him, closing her eyes and moving closer to his side.

“Sleep?” Gary repeated, hovering over her. His elbows pressed against the bed on both sides of her body. He leaned down and kissed her jawline. “Don’t think that I’m going to let you off that easily!” He said, teasing her. She laughed at him, pushing him to the side. “You’re going to have to make up for it.” He told her, letting his lips graze her skin. After a while of teasing her, he made his way up again and watched her eyes as they found their way into his soul. She smiled at him. He leaned down and placed a kiss on her lips, receiving a kiss in return. Deep into the night, they fell for each other again.

He woke up the next morning with her securely wrapped in his arms, the thin fabric of her nightwear between them. He looked at her quietly, then slowly, he moved his arms away from her. He put his shorts on and walked outside on his toes. He stared at his phone’s screen intensely. He goes on like that, going back and forth for a good half hour. By the end of that half hour, Jihyo woke up. The empty space on their bed was rather cold, she knew he must’ve been awake for a while. She looked around and figured that he must’ve gone outside. Leaving her phone behind, she went outside. There was Gary with his back facing her, focused on the pan. She smiled, walking closer to him.

“Muohae?” She asked, kissing his cheek. He turned around and saw her silently standing there, watching him in turn. He wrapped an arm around her but focused back on the pan.

“Jaljasseo?” He asked. She nodded, focusing her eyes on the pan too. Her keungkeung habit appeared, and he saw it from the corner of his eyes. He laughed. “Can you wait or do you want to eat something else?” He asked her. She opened the fridge, scanned it, and closed it again.

“I’ll wait.” She smiled, taking his glass of water and drank it.

“Excuse me, that’s mine.” He joked. She stared at him for a moment, not understanding his playfulness in the morning. “The glass of water.” He said, chuckling at her blank face. She looked down and chuckled, rolling her eyes. He plated the dish and served it for her. “Here you go!” He said, smiling. She smiled back, almost smirking.

“Masigetda!” She said as she looked at it.

“Eat up!” He told her, moving behind her and kissing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter