Gap

Carousel: Part 2 (ON HOLD)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: I am alive. It might come too soon, but some things don't come expected! Have to learn to embrace it! :D Happy Monday!

The following days, Jihyo seemed to keep her distance from Gary. For no apparent reason, she pushed him away. Gary couldn’t figure out why. He went through all the things he could possibly did wrong, but he really didn’t know. Then he decided to ignore it, give it another try. He thought that he was just making it all up. He thought he was just being oversensitive for not getting her attention. She was busy with photoshoots too. She might have been too occupied. He woke up first, watching her as she was still in her sleep. The dark circles beneath her eyes began to show. He felt sorry for her, not knowing what he could do to help. He her cheek and she smiled at the touch, but it didn’t wake her up. His phone rang so he went outside to take the call. He closed the door carefully, making sure that the sound won’t wake her up.

At the click of the door, she woke up. To be completely honest, she was upset that he didn’t stay. She missed waking up to him watching the TV as she slept. The past couple of days, she had always been the one to wake up first. She pursed her lips. A new day had begun, but old thoughts still rushed in her mind.

“You’re up.” He said as he walked into their bedroom to find her absentminded. She looked at him and away. The tension began again, but he dismissed it.

“Eo.” She whispered and got up. She cleaned their bed and walked to their kitchen, pouring herself a glass of water. She just woke up, but she was drained. More mentally than physically. She was tired of pushing him away, she was tired of keeping up with it.

With a smile on his face, he walked towards her and hugged her from the back, his arms locked around her waist. At this she shook, startled. She let herself free from his arms. He sighed, knowing for sure by then that she was upset about something. He just couldn’t, to all his extent, figure out why.

“What’s wrong?” He asked her, at that point he didn’t even bother looking her direction. He heard her settle on the chair of their countertop and sip her drink. Maybe it wasn’t wise to ask such a question so early in the morning. “Your mom called just now.” He said, changing the topic. He knew he got her attention. While pouring himself a cup of coffee, he talked to her. “She’s going to come for lunch.” He said, turning around to look at her. She choked on her drink, not expecting her mom’s sudden decision. He rushed to her side, handing her a paper towel. “Be careful.” He said, not wanting to say other things he wanted to say.

“I’ll go get ready then.” She said. She looked at the clock, and if her mother’s coming for lunch, it wouldn’t be so long until her mother would arrive. He felt that she was just avoiding him.

“You haven’t even had your breakfast.” He called out to her, only to see her back get further and further away. He heard her say from afar,

“It’s ok, it’s almost lunch time anyway.” He sat on the countertop, it was his turn to be absentminded, carried away by all his thoughts. His thoughts were soon interrupted by her mother ringing the doorbell. He opened the door for her and let her in. She made herself comfortable.

“Where is she?” His mother-in-law asked.

“She’s in the shower. She should be out soon.” He said. The two then sat on the sofa, talking and catching up. Jihyo walked outside to find the two humoring each other. She smiled. Gary was always good with keeping other people company. She went outside and hugged her mother, then taking a seat next to Gary. He put his arm around her waist and she twitched a little, but she didn’t want her mom to know. If there was a problem, let it be between them only.

“How are you two?” Her mom asked them. “Are you past your honeymoon phase?” She asked, joking around. Gary laughed, but nodded.

“I think we are. Aren’t we?” He said. Although his tone was light, he hinted something at her. She rolled her eyes so her mom wouldn’t think that he was serious about it. “Oh, we should eat. Jihyo hadn’t had her breakfast yet.” Gary suddenly remembered and headed towards the kitchen.

“That’s fine.” She said, dismissing it. Her mom seemed to be concerned, Jihyo still hadn’t change. She always put sleep first, people second, work third, and eating the last. Her mom always tried to remind her to eat, but with Gary around, she didn’t feel the need to do so anymore. She let out a deep sigh.

“I told you so many times that no matter how busy you are, you should at least remember to eat.” Her mom said. “If you get sick, you’re going to be a burden, you know that?” She said rather harshly. But growing up with that, Jihyo knew that she was just concerned. She nodded at her mom’s words, flashing her a smile to comfort her. She laughed that her mom treated her more like a baby now that she was married than when she wasn’t. Her mom ignored her laugh and stayed silent. Jihyo laughed once more and took a seat by the countertop.

“Arasseo.” She said seriously, smiling as a sign of gratitude.

Her mom started going through their fridge and they let her. Sometimes, they fill their fridge just to satisfy their mothers, who sometimes come and would cook them something. If it was just the two of them, they’d just have things that are easy to make and practical. They dine out sometimes, whatever was convenient. They sat in silence, Jihyo kept her distance again.

“You two are so silent.” Her mom commented while cooking. A mother’s instinct maybe. Jihyo laughed, trying to conceal it again.

“I just woke up. Do you want me to talk all day long?” She asked her mother. Her mot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter