Thanks

Carousel: Part 2 (ON HOLD)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: I have been gone for so long, but I'm back. I'm sorry that it took me a while to get a feel of who Gary and Jihyo are in this story. I tend to be confused and chose to stay back and think about it for a while when it happens. Also, I have been putting it away because of shipwars. They turn me off. And I'm sorry that you guys had become collateral damages, but here I am on Thanksgiving. I realize that I should be thankful about you all! (love)

“What are you doing here?” Jihyo asked as Gary wrapped his arms around her waist. She was taking out the eating utensils from the cupboard. “Go help your dad outside.” She said. Gary whined and rested his chin on her shoulder. She just chuckled and walked away, leaving Gary behind. She turned for a while cause she knew he would be pouting.

“Adeul-ah… You should help myeoneuri.” Gary’s mom entered the house from checking on her husband outside. “You shouldn’t let her get too tired.” She said. Jihyo just smiled at her mother-in-law.

“That’s ok, I’m not doing anything too tiring.” Jihyo said.

“I was gonna help her, but she told me to help abeoji outside.” Gary said, as if he was a little boy complaining to his mom. Jihyo looked at him and laughed, but continued doing what she was doing.

They finished setting up the table, and Gary’s older brother and his family arrived.

“Chakeun appa…” His nephew ran towards him. Jihyo smiled at the sound of their nephew, having missed it for a while.

“Happy birthday!” Gary greeted him enthusiastically. His nephew giggled and ran towards him. “I’ve missed you!” Gary said, rustling his hair and picking him up. His nephew grinned.

“I’ve missed you too!” He said, giving Gary a hug. Jihyo had seen this plenty of times, but this time, she felt her heart flutter a little more than usual. Without her knowing, the sides of her lips had curved up. “Do you have anything for me?” He asked for his present. Gary laughed at how he knew Gary would never miss giving him a present.

Gary’s brother just entered and overheard the conversation. He hit his son on the arm, so he wouldn’t ask such a thing.

“Ei hyung…” Gary said, never liking it when his brother hits his nephew. Gary then turned to his nephew. “Go ask chakeun eomma for your birthday present.” He said, letting the boy down. Again, the boy grinned from ear to ear. Gary smiled at his nephew’s back, running towards his wife. His nephew came crashing towards Jihyo, giving her a big hug. She smiled at him and kneeled down, talking to the boy. Gary couldn’t hear what they were talking about, but the sight of the two laughing was enough to make him smile. His mom was behind him, laughing softly. How did his son become this man who had fell deep in love when it seemed just like yesterday that he was a rebel, refusing to believe in love.

“She changed you.” His mom murmured. Gary was surprised and turned to see her mom. He just stared at her questioningly.

“How have you been?” Their sister-in-law came approaching Jihyo as she saw Jihyo with her son. Jihyo looked at her and smiled.

“I’m fine. The same routine, I guess?” Jihyo told her. Her sister-in-law kneeled next to her nephew.

“Do you know there’s a baby in here?” Her sister-in-law said to her nephew, pointing at Jihyo’s stomach. Jihyo chuckled, looking at her nephew as he seemed to be surprised. “Chakeun appa and chakeun eomma are gonna have a baby. You’re gonna hav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter