Tell me what love is

Carousel: Part 2 (ON HOLD)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: I've been back in Canada for a while now, but my mind is still so out of it. But enjoy!

“And you’ll finish this tasteless meal, if you lose?” Jihyo asked Gary. He looked at her with a serious face and nodded. Jihyo laughed. “Ok.” She said. Gary went out to buy lunch for him to eat in the hospital room since Jihyo got one from the hospital. It turned out that the meal provided by the hospital was even blander than they expected, so they were playing for the meal Gary bought.

Jihyo opened Candy Crush Soda on her phone and handed it over to Gary. He took it and played, accepting her challenge. His face looked serious, determined, but they both knew Jihyo was better at games. Usually, once Gary started playing, he would be determined in winning, and he wouldn’t want to stop, but this time it was different. He didn’t want to win, he wanted Jihyo to be able to eat, not miserably eat the hospital’s meal. He cleared the level, and handed the phone over to Jihyo. She smirked at him and then focused on the screen of her phone.

As expected, she passed the level easily, scoring quite a bit over Gary. Gary watched her the whole time, smiling at her. And at that moment, he forgot that they were in a big fight just a couple days ago. Jihyo smiled a knowing smile at him, showing him her score. Gary looked away, seeing the score that clearly defeated his. Jihyo laughed at him as he took the tray of meal.

“You don’t have to, oppa.” She said, smiling at him. Gary looked up at her, but quickly avoided her gaze. She chuckled, she knew he didn’t want to eat the meal that was in front of him.

“It’s fine, that was our deal anyway.” Gary said, picking up his chopsticks. Jihyo just looked at him. There he was, again doing things he didn’t want to because of her, and that to her was love. Gary took a bite, and though he didn’t say anything, she saw him flinch a little. She chuckled, then stopped when he looked at her. She then held onto his hand, stopping him from eating more of what they both disliked.

“You already knew that you were gonna lose.” She said. “Thank you.” She flashed him a grateful smile. “Come here.” She said, patting the space in front of her as she crossed her legs. She then opened the store-bought meal Gary had gotten earlier. Gary sat in front of her, looking at her with a smile as she prepared the meal. She was looking after him despite being in a hospital bed, and that to him was love. “Jja… Have some, oppa.” She said, handing over the spoon to Gary before she even begin eating.

“You should eat that. Eat a lot.” He said.

“Let’s share.” She said, looking at him. Gary motioned her to eat first. Jihyo became impatient. She let out a sigh. “I can always send you out to get another one of these, oppa. Let’s just share. I can’t finish alone anyway.” She said, unintentionally flashing him her aegyo. He chuckled, he knew he must’ve gotten on her nerves. He nodded and caressed her cheeks, pinching it lightly as he got to see that side of her she showed no one but him.

“Arasseo, arasseo.” He said, taking a bite. “Was that the baby talking? Or was that you? Cause I don’t think I can handle taking care of 2 babies at once.” He said, teasing her. She gave him a playful glare and they both laughed.

Just then, there was a knock on the door, but the two were too busy to pay attention to it. The door then opened and Sukjin peeked inside. He saw the two sitting on the hospital bed, still laughing over their meal. He smiled seeing the two laughing like that. He entered, followed by Kwangsoo and Haha, who also smiled looking at the two. Haha then cleared his throat to get their attention.

“Ah, ye… I guess we entered the wrong room, joisonghamnida.” Haha teased and looked away. The two immediately stopped laughing, their faces turned pink, surprised by their sudden presence.

“Ya, you two. You didn’t even hear us knocking.” Sukjin said. Gary immediately stood up and told them to sit. Kwangsoo gave Gary a bag of food for all five of them. He knew Jihyo wouldn’t like the food served at the hospital. Gary prepared them while the three greeted Jihyo. “Are you ok?” Sukjin asked her, his tone immediately changed into his fatherly, warm tone. Jihyo nodded with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter