Strawberry Smoothie

Carousel: Part 2 (ON HOLD)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: Another chapter. Does it get better or worse?

The Running Man members were confused. They can’t pick sides, and they didn’t know who was in the wrong. They just wanted the two to make up, the sooner the better. They were professionals on-screen, but a mess off-screen. During break time, Jihyo approached Gary.

“Oppa, please come home.” She said, pleading him like a little child. Without looking at her, he got up from his seat and went to his car, resting there until they were called again. Jihyo took a deep breath, she couldn’t cry in front of the cast and crew.

Days went by without a word exchanged between the two. They missed each other, but were still engulfed in their own egotistic world. Jihyo had tried calling him over and over again, but no calls were answered. She sent him texts over texts, and none of them were replied. She finally gave up, deciding that it was best to leave him alone for a while.

Gary was careful to keep up with Jihyo’s schedule. He decided to come back home to take some of his things when Jihyo was out for a schedule. He opened the door, then walked into their room to find Jihyo sitting on their bed, staring out the window. She must’ve seen his car pulling in. With no expression on her face, she stayed looking out the window.

“You’re finally back.” She said, catching a glimpse of him. He looked at her for a brief second and turned his back against her, taking out his clothes.

“I’m just here to take my things.” He said calmly. She then nodded weakly, a tear rolling down her cheek. “You’re not supposed to be here.” He said as if he wasn’t happy to see her. She was hurt. It was like he planned to come when she wasn’t supposed to be home. Did he despise her that much that he had to come when she was supposed to be out?

“I wasn’t feeling well.” She said, not asking him to sympathize. Gary nodded. He then took his bag and went out again without saying a single word. As if she hadn’t cried much lately, her eyes continued letting them out. She contemplated on how things weren’t fair. There he was, moving on with his life. She thought that he had for sure go on with his life easily, while she, on the other hand, she couldn’t. How could she? Every time she looked at herself in the mirror, she was reminded that she was carrying his child. He was the only one she kept thinking of.

But she was wrong. He cared. Deeply.

The moment Gary entered his car, he dialed Kwangsoo’s number. Kwangsoo felt that something must’ve gone wrong. He picked it up immediately.

“Ne, hyung?” He said, his tone wasn’t like the one he showed on Running Man. It was the serious, caring Kwangsoo.

“O, are you free today?” He asked. Kwangsoo told him that he was free that day. “Can you please check on Jihyo? And accompany her.” Gary asked of Kwangsoo. No matter how much he told himself that Jihyo had betrayed him, he couldn’t stop caring for her. He had been in love with her for too long, and he had forgotten how to fall out of love.

Kwangsoo was disappointed at his brother and sister. They were too childish, selfish. But he couldn’t say no to the request. He immediately entered his car and drove to their house. He pressed on the doorbell, and Jihyo was surprised to see Kwangsoo there. She let him in immediately, but questioned his visit too.

“What are you doing here?” She asked him, her voice weak.

“I was around, so I decided to stop by.” He said. Jihyo smiled at him. Clearly, Kwangsoo can’t lie. “I brought you some food.” He said, putting it on the countertop. Gary had waited in front of their neighborhood to give him a cup of strawberry smoothie for Kwangsoo to bring. Jihyo looked at it and immediately know that Gary was behind this.

“Eo… Gomawo.” She said, smiling at him sincerely.

“I thought you were supposed to be out today?” Kwangsoo asked her. She told him she just wanted to stay home because she wasn’t feeling well. “You should take care of yourself better, noona.” Kwangsoo said, sincerely worried about her. Moving into her 4th month of pregnancy, the worst of the symptoms had started to die down, but it didn’t mean that the baby was strong yet. “This stress isn’t good for you.” Kwangsoo added.

“I’ll be fine. I just need some sleep.” Jihyo said, brushing off his worry. Jihyo let Kwangsoo stay, besides, he keeps her from thinking about their issues. They were sitting in the living room, watching the TV. When they were flipping through the channels, there was an old episode of Running Man. Gary was driving, letting Jihyo sleep in the pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter