Trust

Carousel: Part 2 (ON HOLD)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: back with this! :)

“Where’s eonni?” Jihyo’s sister asked as she saw Gary approaching her alone. Gary took his seat and looked away for a second. “Is everything ok between the two of you?” She asked again, feeling something amiss.

“I think she’s meeting with Jaehwa.” He said, based on what she told him last night.

“Jaehwa?” She asked, trying to see if she was thinking of the right Jaehwa. It made her feel guilty, and she stuttered. “Lee Jaehwa?”She asked again. Gary just nodded. It had never been this awkward between the two of them before. She tried to lighten up the mood. “I’m sure there’s something important the two need to do, hyungbo.” She said, reassuring him.

“Anyway, what’s going on with you?” He asked, changing the topic.

Meanwhile, Jaehwa and Jihyo were fed up with the silence between them. Jaehwa stood up and let Jihyo follow behind him. He led her to his bedroom, making her feel even more awkward. His apartment was a mess, but his room was kept slightly cleaner than the other areas of the apartment. He immediately went in, going to the end of the room where a crib was laid. Jihyo stood still by the doorway, not knowing if it was right for her to ender the room.

“Come in, Sungim. It’s ok.” He said. Jihyo hesitantly went inside. He was carrying a baby boy who was half-asleep. “This is Wonwoo…” He said, brushing the boy’s plump cheeks. The child was 17 months old, and seeing him without his mom, Jihyo felt sad.

“Annyeong, Wonwoo-ya…” She said, smiling at the baby. She ignored the fact that things were awkward between her and the baby’s dad. The baby smiled back at her, and unconsciously, her smile grew wider. “O? Who’s this handsome boy?” She asked him. The boy giggled in response.

“He’s always happy, I hope he grows up the same.” Jaehwa said. Jihyo looked at him, who had that fatherly look in his eyes and smiled.

“He will.” She simply said, smiling at him, trying to reassure this guy who had find himself in a mess. Jihyo left the room, letting the man have some alone time with the boy. He was going to change the baby after his nap. Jihyo looked around his living room, everything was a mess. She started picking up the clothes that were left around the house. She then took the vacuum cleaner out, cleaning everything. Jaehwa went out at the sound of the machine.

“Sungim-ah… You don’t have to do that. I’ll do that later.” He said, feeling sorry.

“It’s ok, oppa. Your hands are full.” She said. “Besides, if I leave it to you, I don’t think you’ll ever clean up.” Jihyo said, continuing to clean. She was tired, but thought that it was bad for him to leave it out that way. She finished cleaning soon after, wondering why he didn’t have time to do so when it took her so little time. Jaehwa went out with the baby.

“Oh, you like her?” He said to the baby, as Wonwoo went out pointing at Jihyo. “I know… She’s nice, isn’t she? She’s like eomma?” He said, not knowing how awkward that made Jihyo feel. She cringed, but flashed the baby a smile. She extended her arms towards the baby, seeing if the baby would want to go towards her. And he did right away.

“Imo joha?” She asked the baby, getting a response of a nod. She chuckled at Wonwoo’s response.

“I’m going to get his bathtub.” Jaehwa said, excusing himself. He forgot that he hadn’t given the baby a bath that day. Jihyo looked at him, bewildered. He wasn’t capable of taking care of himself. How was he supposed to take care of a baby? In times like this, she feels thankful for Gary. How mature and responsible made her feel confident. She knew he would do well with their child later on. The thought put a smile on her face. Jaehwa came back finding her smiling. He chuckled. “What are you thinking of?” He said, startling Jihyo. “You look good like that. You’re ready.” He said. She brushed it off, also brushing off her smile awkwardly.

“Jja… Are you ready, Wonwoo?” Jihyo asked the boy. He nodded his head, a small “eung” could be heard from his mouth. Jihyo undressed the boy and handed him to his father. Jaehwa took him in his arms and dipped the boy into the tub. Jihyo watched him bathe the boy. At the touch of the water, the boy yelled and screamed, wishing to be lifted back up.

“Hold on, we need to bathe you.” He said. He poured water on top of his child, then lathered soap all over him, then rinsing him again. Jihyo was surprised seeing the way Jaehwa bathed his child.

“Have you been bathing him this way?” Jihyo asked. Jaehwa merely nodded, not finding anyth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter