The Beginning of Part 2

Carousel: Part 2 (ON HOLD)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: Is a good day a good enough reason for me to post this? :D

They had kept it low so no one heard about it until it was actually published the day after, but this is what happened:

That night, they were a private resort in Bali. The place was gorgeous, and it was far from the limelight. All of them were there; Gary, Jihyo, their family members, the Running Man cast, and several other close friends of theirs. The day before, they’ve had a traditional Korean wedding in Korea where more people came, but tonight, it was just their close circle. The night was warm, an occasional breeze of wind blow every once in a while. They were seated at the dinner table with their semi-formal wear. Gary was wearing a white shirt with a black tie circling his neck. Jihyo was wearing a white sleeveless shirt and a knee-length black skirt. The other female guests were wearing red dresses and the men all wore red ties, even little Dream was wearing a little red bowtie around his neck. Everything was perfect, just as it came out of a fairytale. Of course, there were the common little bumps, but who cares? Everything was in place, and everything was picturesque. They enjoyed their food, talking to each other, and just simply each other’s presence. For his two dongsaengs, Jaesuk didn’t mind being the MC again, besides, it was their close circle, they pretty much knew each other.

“Now that we’ve all had our fill, let’s continue on.” He said. They were all gazing into the deep night. The sand beneath their legs disallowed the women from wearing high heels. They had made it very casual. All the women were wearing flats. The sound of the waves hitting against the sand was almost like a background music to Jaesuk’s speech. “Here, it’s only those who are close to Gary and Jihyo, nothing needs to be censored. No distant friends, no press coverage, everything can be disclosed. You can say what you want to say about them, wish them anything you want.” He said and the attendees laughed. “I will start this and we’ll just pass the microphone around so everyone can say something.” He said and they agreed. “Uhh… We’ve known each other for a while now, and we all have grown very close. We’ve seen you through the stages you went through and now you end up together like this… I’m really happy for you guys, and I wish you a happy life ahead.” He kept it short and passed the microphone off to Sukjin.

“Jihyo, Gary, you two… I really hate it when I have to be grouped with the two of you.” He started, earning a round of laughter from their friends. “Even from day 1, Gary’s had his eyes set on you.” He said, talking to Jihyo. “And I know that you’ll be happy with him, like you’ve always been. And Gary, she’s a keeper. She’s head over heels in love with you and I don’t doubt that she’ll do anything for you. Take care of each other, love until the day you die. I wish you a happy marriage.” He said glancing at them. The Running Man members, especially Sukjin and Jaesuk had this loving look when it came to Jihyo. It wasn’t hard to understand, she was the only female member and they’ve spent a long while taking care of her. To see that she was in good hands, they were happy. The microphone was passed onto Byul as she wished them a good life ahead, and Haha’s turn was next.

“Gary hyung, Jihyo… We’re always teasing that you two will end up together, and now that it’s happening… Although it seems unreal, I am relieved. I am thankful that you end up with Gary hyung. He’ll be able to take care of you well. I wasn’t joking when he told me since our early days in Running Man that he likes you, and to see it turning into a two-sided love… I am very glad.” Haha said, pausing. “And Gary hyung, now that you’ve got her, you should be thankful. Sometimes I still wonder why she settles with you when she could have other handsome guys with her looks.” He said as everyone laughed. Byul hit him lightly and he continued, “But in the end, you’re the one for her. So cherish each other like you always do. Never give up on each other.” He said, passing down the microphone to Jongkook. He seemed confused, not knowing what to say. Of course, it was Jongkook, he was awkward at times like this.

“Gary, Jihyo… I wish you the best ahead. Stay strong.” Jongkook said, about to pass the mic off to Kwangsoo. The others laughed.

“Ah, yaeneun muoya?” Haha complained. “Say something else hyung!” He said, complaining for the short message Jongkook gave out. Jongkook let out a chuckle too, finding that it was rather awkward. He smiled.

“Well… I don’t know what to say.” He said, chuckling again. “I guess we all saw it coming. They’ve always had their own way of communicating with each other. They joke perfectly well with each other. They complement each other.” He said, now all the things flow freely. “Gary… Gary rarely smiled when we started Running Man. But ever since he’s paired up with Jihyo, and they keep getting closer and closer, he’s been laughing more and more.” He said. “No one can deny that the two of you are a match made in heaven. And though we were all surprised when the fortune teller said so, and it was unscripted as well, I know that everyone here… Deep inside we know it was only right. And for the two of you, I hope that you’ll find nothing but happiness ahead of you.” He said, finally passing the mic off to Kwangsoo.

“Ah, hyung, noona… First of all, congratulations on your marriage. I wish you the best things ahead.” He said. “I think the rest are better said through our gift other than me saying things that will be repeated.” He said, looking at the others. Although his wish was short, they all agreed, not wanting Kwangsoo to spoil the gift. Hence the movie played.

“Jja… This is a little gift from us. We actually sat, and asked the editing staff for the Monday Couple moments we often see on Running Man and picked out several we really liked. We picked ones that weren’t scripted.” He said. And the movie played.

The five of them were lined up, and together, they wished the couple a good marriage life ahead. The video then showed a clip of the two in the beginning of their Running Man days. It seemed awkward, but that was how it all started, and it was raw. It showed a clip of when they went out to a café and did the love shot. Gary smiled at the memory, and so did Jihyo. She moved from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter