Miserable

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

KWON JIYONG_

San Francisco

I sat down on a nearby bench, marveling at the color of fall. It was indeed the most beautiful color of all the seasons. Millions of multicolored leaves decorated the trees, each breath made me feel so alive again and as I let my thoughts drift away for a while, it was then when I felt a feeling that is strange yet it's familiar.

I stood up and started to walk, emerald carpet of leaves crunches beneath my feet at every step I take and it quivers in the gust of wind.

It’s the fall season again.

It’s October again.

And the most miserable time of year is here again.

And there it comes, snippets of the past constricting my chest every year at this time.

And there she was, holding her favorite coffee from Hayes street with that oversized hoodie that she probably stole from me.

And there she was, the most beautiful girl I have ever laid eyes on.

I pulled my coat tighter around me as the cold bay area wind pierced through me, she used to hate the cold but she loved the city so much she never wanted to move to LA even after getting a college acceptance in UCLA.

And I love her and that’s all that mattered to me all those years and nothing else ever did.

A phone call interrupted my train of thoughts as I picked it up only to hear the same familiar nagging.

" JIYONG, WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?! " Boa noona screamed right into my ears. Oh one of th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter