"One Thing I Never Regret"

Amethyst's One-Shot Collection for YUNJAE

 

Yunho was putting his neck tie circling the collar in front of a mirror. He was looking so stunning in a black suit and with a nice hair done.

 

*KNOCK *KNOCK

 

Someone entered with a heartthrob smile plastered on his face when he looked at Yunho’s appearance. Yunho was struggling with his neck tie and it can’t be done properly and he kept taking it out and repeats the same action again.

 

“WAAA…Look who’s here! Looking so handsome this early morning…Are you sure you want to go to office or having a secret date…?” He was grinning looking at Yunho; teasing.

 

“I’m not having a secret date…I’m working so hard to make our life even better, you know…” Yunho pouted as he took out the tie once again; getting annoyed can’t make it nicely.

 

“You’re so serious. I’m just lightened the mood…” He pulled Yunho’s shoulder to face him. He brushed off Yunho’s hand from the tie and he helps him to fix it. Yunho leaned to capture his cherry lips while he was busy fixing the tie. He grinned widely when he succeeds in captured the attempting lips and they were kissing as he sneaked his hand around the neck to deepen the kiss.

 

 

 

“So brilliant in taking a chance haaa…?” He said to Yunho when they broke the kiss.

 

“I’m just claiming what is belongs to me…I’m so proud to have a beautiful wife like you Jae…” Yunho pinched Jaejoong’s cheek till it turned into red color as red as Jaejoong’s lips swollen due to the hot kiss. Jaejoong was looking down to his feet; blushed.

 

“How’s baby…? Did our baby torture you anywhere…?” Yunho asked while rubbed Jaejoong’s tummy. Jaejoong’s pregnancy reached three months already.

 

“Our baby not that big, still a little one…” Jaejoong motioned with his finger to show that the baby has a long way to grow up.

 

“My dear baby…please take care of your mummy okay~~~Do not make him that tired okay and tell him to take a rest. I’m telling you, you have the most beautiful mummy on this world, the most kind and he has a big heart that knows how to cherish my life. And he’s so gentle that warm my heart~~~”

 

Yunho bent his body and cupped his ear on Jaejoong’s tummy to talk with the unborn baby. Jaejoong chuckled seeing the childish Yunho when talking to their baby. Jaejoong ran his finger into Yunho’s hair and Yunho lifted his head to see the pretty of face of Jaejoong.

 

“I love you, Yun…”

 

“I love you too…Love you so much…thanks for giving me a wonderful life…” Yunho stood up and giving Jaejoong another kiss as they hugged.

*************************************************************************************

Jaejoong’s pregnancy reached five moths already but he became weaker and weaker. Yunho have been chasing with a ten times worried than the first time he saw Jaejoong’s vomiting.

 

“Boo…is it that hurt…?” Yunho was asking the limp Jaejoong that was hugging on him. They both laying on the bed getting ready to have a sleep.

 

“Emmm…? About what…?” Yunho was hugging Jaejoong tightly in his embrace making lots of efforts to make Jaejoong comfortable.

 

“Carrying our baby…” Yunho rubbed Jaejoong’s arm slowly and gently as Jaejoong brought his hand to Yunho’s back caressed lovingly.

 

“Nope…it’s the most peaceful and the best miracle feeling I’ve ever had.” Jaejoong answered honestly. He closed his eyes to have a picture of his unborn baby when she was born in the future.

 

“Then why you still vomiting while your pregnancy reached five months already. Your body became so weak and looks fragile. Why did you still having this some kind of morning sickness…?” Jaejoong shot his eyes wide open when he heard Yunho said that.

 

“Haaa…you’ve made a medical checkup with the doctor today right, Boo… What did he say about your condition…?” Yunho was looking at him eager to know Jaejoong’s latest condition.

 

“Nothing… Nothing much…he said that it’s a normal for a pregnant mother. In my case it’s probably my body is a bit weak in handling the big changing and can’t adapt this situation very well…nothing to be worried though…” Jaejoong answered and he can hear the relief sigh coming from Yunho. Jaejoong kissed Yunho’s bare chest repeatedly.

 

“I’m so worried, Boo…I don’t want to put you into this condition if it’s that hard..Though I love our baby very much…” Yunho caressed Jaejoong’s big tummy that blocked him a little bit from getting straightly in touch with Jaejoong.

 

“I know you really do…But our baby is a sign of our love, right…How much we loved each other…Our precious…” Jaejoong replied and laid his head on Yunho’s bare chest sniffed Yunho’s body scent feeling composure.

 

*FLASHBACK

 

“We suspected that you’re having some other kind of sickness and thus we ran a test on your blood.” A doctor explained to Jaejoong after making a check up.

 

“The result came out and stated that you’re suffered a chronic leukemia; the last stage. We are so sorry for the late discovery. It’s because the symptoms your body shown is quite the same as other pregnant mother going through. Vomit, headaches, dizzy, feeling weak or tired and so on..” Jaejoong’s face changed into the expressionless one and he placed his hand on top of his big tummy.

 

“What about my baby, doctor…?” Jaejoong asked the doctor with a thousand of hopes.

 

“You can’t survive if you’re continuing with your pregnancy because the chemotherapy will give bad effects to the baby. So, we suggest…”

 

“I’ll continue with the pregnancy. How long that I have…without chemotherapy…?” Jaejoong cut off doctor’s words as he can’t bear to hear it anymore when the matter involves his baby.

 

“Basically without the baby, you have six months to live and more if you’re proceeding with the chemotherapy provided…but with your pregnancy, I’m afraid to say approximately you have about two months to go….”

 

“I’m glad to hear it. It’s enough for me to make sure that my baby is in a good condition…” The doctor was surprised with Jaejoong’s decision and he can see how determined Jaejoong was to stay with the pregnancy.

 

“But Mrs. Jung…It’s not as simple as that. You’ll face the effects of the disease after this. And I’m afraid that you’ll not be able to bear it. The baby will make it easy for you to be infected with other sickness…You should think about it first, Mrs.Jung…” The doctor gave him the advice but he just made his way out of the office; don’t want to prolong the conversation.

*FLASHBACK END

*************************************************************************************

Jaejoong adjusted his shirt back to cover the multiple bruises inflicted at his body when Yunho stepped outside the bathroom after taking the bath. He gave his sweet smile at Yunho as he will always do. He helped Yunho by putting on the shirt for him and later combs his hair.

 

“Boo…you smelled so sweet today…” Yunho moved his body closer to Jaejoong and gave him a hug; TIGHTLY. Jaejoong greeted his teeth and bit onto his lips from letting out the painful yell as Yunho touched the bruises part.

 

Yunho placed Jaejoong’s head slowly on the bed as he was kissing Jaejoong passionately. He rammed his hands under Jaejoong’s shirt and Jaejoong closed his eyes while kissing; bear with pain every time Yunho touched his bruises part.

 

 

“Yun…the baby…” Jaejoong reminded Yunho when Yunho seems to be into Jaejoong when he kissed and kissed Jaejoong; feeling not enough. Jaejoong feared that Yunho will discover about it. Yunho then let go of him but still hugging on Jaejoong. The gripped on Jaejoong became softer and softer as Yunho was snuggling into Jaejoong’s neck.

 

“Yun…You know right that I love you so much…” Jaejoong asked Yunho when Yunho was about to drift into a nice peaceful sleep.

 

“I know…You don’t have to mention it, Boo. Do you know that besides all the property, I’ve insured something else for you…” Yunho pulled Jaejoong’s body and Jaejoong’s now was on Yunho’s chest.

 

“Something else…?What more Yun…?” Jaejoong was curious about it. But still his heart was telling him that Yunho doesn’t longer need to insure anything for him because he will be gone first before Yunho.

 

“I’ve insured the most important thing to you; my heart and my soul….” All the pain Jaejoong suffered just now was gone in one swift as soon as Yunho mentioned that sweet talk.

 

“You’re so sweet Yun… one thing I never regret in my life….to love you with all my heart and having you to share the same feeling. Please forgive me if I tied your heart just for me only for the rest of your life….” Jaejoong confessed his real feeling to Yunho but Yunho responded to his words with a chuckle.

 

“You don’t have to because I’ve already tied your heart for the rest of our life…” Yunho kissed Jaejoong’e forehead and Jaejoong enjoyed his night with a sweet talk and promise that Yunho put on his personal oath.

 

~I’m glad that my name was written in your destiny even it is for a temporary~

*************************************************************************************

“It’s getting worst… Now my body tends to bleed easily. How can I find a way to hide from Yunho now…?” Jaejoong opened the first aid kit to apply the medicine on his arm. His arm swollen due to the bruises.

 

“ARRGGHHH!!! It’s soooo hurt….I feels like my body was pierced with a sharp needle every where.” Jaejoong yelp as soon as he woke up from his seat to put the first aid kit back to its place. He curled up his body intended to reduce the unbearable pain but he failed.

 

“My baby-ahhh…are you feeling the pain too…? If you do, mummy will help you okay….let me take away your pain….” Jaejoong caressed his stomach while singing a melodious song to his baby with his face frowning; tried holding back the pain in any way.

 

“AARRGGHHHH….Please go away….do not hurt my baby…” Jaejoong was stumbling in his walk as he was hugging onto his body.

 

He felt dizzy and his eyes failed to trace the color of the floor. He stretched his hand to grab the phone but instead he bumped into the cabinets. A thick blood dropping out from his forehead and he fell down harshly on the floor. He felt a block of rock was thrown up to his body as soon as he landed on the floor. He’s breathing heavily.

 

“B…Blood….Yun….” Jaejoong touched the line of blood dropping out from the injured part.

 

Jaejoong wanted to cry badly but the pain prevented him to do so. All he wanted at that time was his beloved husband, jung Yunho. He saw the phone on the table within the blurry shadow. He used all the strength he have and dragged his paralyzed to-be body due to the hard impact to fish the phone.

 

The phone was already in his hand with the unstable breath, he dialed Yunho’s number.

 

*TOOOT TOOOOT

 

“Hello! Boo….Hello!!!”

 

“It’s…hurt, Yun….” Jaejoong’s eyes were closed and the voice of Yunho was heard screaming throughout out the house when he got no more response from his wife.

 

*In the hospital

Yunho was like a crazy man when he finally knew the secret kept from Jaejoong and but still he can’t do anything to help him. Jaejoong was fighting alone for his and their baby’s life in the operation’s room. Yunho’s and Jaejoong’s mother were hugging to each other crying together.

 

“Yun-ah…I’m such a bad wife, right…But I’m doing this to protect our baby. She’s our concrete evidence that we loved each other…I guess… the mother’s instinct developed in my body already…” Jaejoong ran his fingers into Yunho’s hair. Yunho was crying while holding on his hand and he kissed Jaejoong’s hand continuously.

 

“One thing that I’ve regretted is that I can’t accompany you anymore watching our baby grown up and saying that ‘I love you’ everyday to my beloved husband…”

And that was the last word Yunho can hear coming out from Jaejoong’s lips.
 

 

*PRESENT:

Yunho was putting his neck tie circling the collar in front of a mirror. He was looking so stunning in a black suit and with a nice hair done. But this is not the past. And there is no smile painted on Yunho’s face. A long line of tears created on his cheek. The weather outside is getting cloudy just like it know how cloudy and gloomy Yunho’s heart at that time.

 

“I would do anything to have you’re coming through that door, teasing me and fix my tie…” Yunho was staring at the door waiting for the one he knew he will never come.

 

“Why did you do this to me, Boo…? Leaving me behind like this…? Am I not good enough for you…?” But he knew that wasn’t the reason. He picked up a big box contained Jaejoong’s precious items that he had packed last night and ready to leave the house. He wanted to end his feeling of love by washed away all of the things in the sea.

 

“What are you doing, Yunho…Where are you taking those Jaejoong’s things…?” Uninvited person entered the room and carrying with her a bundle of pink cloth in her arms.

 

“Umma…” Yunho was surprised with his mother’s unexpected appearance.

 

“Don’t be so selfish Yunho…Jaejoong treasured his last breath giving birth to your baby and you want to leave her without a single memory of her mother…?” Yunho then gazed at his newborn baby girl in the bundle and dropped down the box back on the floor. He was crying with a heartbroken feeling thinking that he has forgotten about his daughter for a moment as he was deep in entertained the emotional.

 

“Umma know how you feels…But don’t make your baby lose her appa too…Don’t you want to join us at the funeral, giving Jaejoong a last goodnye…?” His mother asked and he shook his head weakly.

 

“I have no strength to be in his funeral. I failed in taking a good care of my wife and failed to be a good husband… “ His mother turned away her head controlled the tears from falling down. Sympathy was all over her body when seeing the sleeping baby in her arms.

 

“You have a good baby, Yunho-ah…she wasn’t crying on Jaejoong’s funeral probably don’t want us to be worried.” His mother spoke for the last time before leaving him in the room; alone again.

 

He brought his body to the bed that used to be the sweet place for him and Jaejoong. He was sitting on the floor beside the bed and was staring at the side that used to have Jaejoong sleeping there. He laid his hand on the bed slowly and caressed it gently just like he was caressed the sleeping Jaejoong on it.

 

“Do you know how lonely I was when I’m waking up today without the smiling face of you. I’m dreaming of you with tears and opened my eyes greeting with your scent…? Is that your way to wish me the first day to be alone again…?” Yunho brought his body to lie on the bed crying endlessly; it’s so hard to accept that he has to continue his life without Jaejoong by his side.

 

“One thing that I’ve regretted is that I can’t accompany you anymore watching our baby grown up and saying that ‘I love you’ everyday to my beloved husband…” Word by word uttered by Jaejoong was coming back to him now. And every word coming to stab his heart again and again.

 

“Jae….My boo…I love you so much…do you hear me…?” Yunho muttered with the tears rolling out from his eyes; didn’t know when or how to stop.

 

An invisible soul appeared in the room and placed himself beside Yunho. He wrapped his arm around Yunho’s waist without Yunho’s knowledge and the tears can be seen flow from his eyes.

 

“Yun…I hear it….and I love you too….” He lifted his head to see Yunho’s crying face. He gave Yunho’s his last kiss on the cheek. And…

 

Dissapeared.

 

~But one thing I never regret….to love you with all my heart and having you to share the same feeling. Please forgive me if I tied your heart just for me only for the rest of your life~

*************************************************************************************

This fic will have it's twisted story on the next chappie...don't worry...and leave me some comments and tell me what you think okay...! Thanks