"Love After Love" : Part 4 Final

Amethyst's One-Shot Collection for YUNJAE

~You never knew what you have until you lose it…property is priority but love is dignity because you can’t find it anywhere except in your heart. It’s priceless but it cannot be traded…~

*Yunho’s POV

 

The wedding is just around the corner and we have a lots of things need to be done in a short period of time. I’m now in Seoul Mall having a shopping day with Ara…A girl will always be a girl. She was so eager to handle everything though it used lots of energy. But she said:

 

“Marriage is not a playful thing. And I want to marry just once in my whole life.”

 

 

Her words shook me up in guilty. Marry just once in her lifetime. But what if I’m not destined to be with her…?

 

 

“Oppa…The owner wanted us to choose what is the best for our wedding. He prepared inside, wanna come…?” Ara shook my arm asking me to go in.

 

 

“Na..ah…it’s enough if it’s just you. You know what is the best right…? I want to make a survey on other things.” I refused.

 

I don’t know for how many times I refused to involve in anything related to this wedding. Am I doing the right decision…? Will I able to give what Ara need…? If she knew that I’m not that perfect. There’s a hole in my heart and I can’t find anyone to replace it. Just then I saw someone I’m totally familiar with walking side by side with another man.

 

 

“So…you guys having a lunch together…? I almost want to trust your words but instead you’re having fun with someone else…I better go check” I slid my hands into my pocket and walked to that place. I forgot for what purpose I’m here already.

******************************************************************************

“Are you sure you want to do this…?” The man that sat in front of Jaejoong asked.

 

“I’m not so sure about it, Siwon-ah… but it seems that I have to do it…” Jaejoong passed a large enveloped to Siwon. The envelope contains the information and details about the house.

 

 

“But this house was bought under your name and Yunho…If you want to sell it; you must get his permission first and signed in this agreement form.” Siwon replied after he makes some revision on the documents and passed over the form to him.

 

 

“Don’t worry about him. I think he doesn’t even care. I want to settle everything as soon as possible and go back to my house in US. I have no one else here.” Siwon nodded when he saw how determine Jaejoong are.

 

 

“What if, I give this form to you first for you to further your thinking and please….Please thinks wisely. I’m an expert in this matter. And I don’t want you to regret later on.” Siwon patted Jaejoong’s arm as they continued to have a lunch together.

 

 

Not far from where they’re seating, Yunho was stalking them secretly. But he failed to hear the whole conversation. He assumed Jaejoong’s with that guy when he saw how close they are together ignored the fact that best friend also can be that close. Yunho then leave the place to search for Ara.

 

 

“Oppa..where have you been…? I’m looking for you. Tell what…our wedding invitation cards are completely finish printed! I went to take this all by myself just now when I can’t find you…Is it okay…?” Yunho nodded didn’t take it to heart because he himself was sneaking out to stalk his ex-lover. At least Ara told him about it compared to him; just keep it by himself.

 

 

“You want to see…here…” Ara shoved a wedding card to him and received it hesitantly. However, when the card transferred to his hand, he turned around and bumped into someone. The card falls down together with that particular person’s property.

 

 

“This scent…” A sweet addicted scent fled into his mind to consume him. He bent down to pick up the envelope.

 

 

And he was right. He lifted his head just to meet the one who used to be the love of his life. Perhaps, he will always be. It was like they were tied by an invisible knot because whenever he want to run away from him; no matter how far he run; he’ll be pulled back right in front of him. No words that can describe how both of them feel at that time.

 

 

“The..Envelope…” Jaejoong handed out his hand to get the envelope back.

 

 

“Ahhh…here…” Yunho want to pass up the envelope when Ara called him. Both of them turned around seeing the smiling Ara; probably the one that have the genuine smile at that time.

 

“Oppa…here here…which one that suits our wedding theme the best…? Which one do you like…The yellow or the green one?” Ara came with two kinds of neck ties.

 

 

“Ahh yellow is better I guess…” Yunho was about to open his mouth but Ara answered her own question already.

 

“Please don’t. Pick the green one, he hates yellow very much…” Jaejoong interrupted. Ara titled her head to see who was it that delivered his opinion.

 

“Owh…Ara…he…” Yunho was stuttering because he doesn’t know what to mention about who Jaejoong really is.

 

“I’m Kim Jaejoong; Yunho’s friend. I came for the personal matter. How fortunate I am, can meet him and his…bride to-be…” Ara smiled in satisfaction not to forget how proud she was when Jaejoong mentioned like that. Yunho was glaring at him aside.

 

“So…you’re really getting married haa…? Here…I need your permission to sell the house…” Yunho was taken by surprised when Jaejoong asked him like that and what more when he looked so determine to sell the house.

 

 

“So…you’re really going to sell the house…?” Yunho pulled out the form from the envelope to ensure that he was telling the truth and Jaejoong’s speaking the truth. Yunho stunned.

 

 

“What house…? Both of you has the share house…?” Ara that has been the observer asked as she was clueless about the matter. But she noticed how sad Yunho is.

 

 

“Owh…We live together long time ago..Two years ago to be exact. But right now he’s getting married, so I guess it’s better to sell the house because I’ll going back to my family house at US…” Yunho didn’t say a word but just staring at the form.

 

 

“Owh…he lived with you…? Wow…he never mentioned it before…” Ara nodded as it was new information he got because Yunho did not share much about his past life.

 

“Maybe because it’s not important to him…” Yunho crumpled the documents feeling irritated.

 

“That’s the best moment in my life…” Yunho answered with a stern voice and a bit shaky because he was holding back his anger. Ara changed her look from the left to the right. From Yunho to Jaejoong.

 

“Really…? How long it was when we had those happy moments…? So could you guys please excuse me…?I’ve better go now…” Jaejoong spoke politely and bow to the couple.

 

“Jaejoong-shi. This is the wedding invitation card for you.” Ara took out a pretty envelope from her bag and gave it to Jaejoong. Jaejoong examined the wedding card then he smirked.

 

 

“I’m so sorry. I would love to but I’m living a day before your wedding day…” Jaejoong bow again and left them behind. Tears come out from his eyes but he just ignored it.

 

‘I can’t see you…I’m afraid that I might getting sadder and disappoint if I see you on your wedding day with someone else…I have to leave…’ Jaejoong speed up his walk don’t care the eyes that were staring him crying.

 

“He’s really beautiful even though he is a man…” Ara praised Jaejoong with an honest compliment.

******************************************************************************

*A day before the wedding day

 

Yunho was trying out his tuxedo in front of the huge mirror. He examined himself in front of the mirror but what he saw is a glimpse of his bride; not Ara but Jaejoong.

 

“I have to forget about you. I have to erase and clear up all these memories so that I can start a new life…I have to leave you..” Yunho closed his eyes; sighing heavily but the tears came out instead.

 

“Yunho-shi…there’s someone that want to meet you…” He heard his maid of honor was calling for him. His brushed off the tears with his finger and walked out with the tuxedo still on.

 

*Meantime in a quite soulless house

 

Jaejoong was taking down all the frames; the pictures of Yunho and him hanged on the wall one by one. The house was almost emptied when he packed everything before he leave the house. He’s standing on the stairs tip toed a bit to take out a big frame from its place. Used every energy he have, he succeed in taking out the big frame. He rest on the stairs with the pictures placed on his laps.

 

*FLASHBACK

 

“Soo big, Yun…” Jaejoong mentioned when he saw Yunho was putting a big frame; the picture of them together up in the wall.

 

“This is our picture. This side for our wedding picture and this side for our picture together with our baby…” Yunho pointed to one side and one side. An embarrassing smile crept into Jaejoong’s face and turned into the red color when Yunho mentioned about their wedding as well as the baby.

 

“Our happy family!” Yunho shouted out loud and jumped up from the stairs to hug Jaejoong

 

 

*FLASHBACK END

 

A drop of tear falls down on the pictures. He brushed it off from the surface as he caressed Yunho’s face lovingly. But his eyes still let out the stream of tears and it dripped out fall into the picture one by one…

 

“I’ll leave you far far away fro here so that we will never meet again. Even I’m not in this world, I will always pray you with the bundle of happiness. You’re married…but not with me….” Jaejoong was crying by himself at the stairs. He felt cold without any warm feeling accompanied him. But still it can’t compare with his heart, empty only the feeling of sorrow preserved.

 

“You’re gone…I cannot see you anymore…I can’t love you anymore…” He brought the picture frame to his chest hugged it like he was imagined he hug Yunho.

 

The clicking of sound was heard at the front door but Jaejoong didn’t hear it as he was deep in his emotional feeling. Someone entered the house and he zoomed every inch of the lifeless house that no more pictures can be seen hanged on the wall. Packs and packs of boxes on the floor. At one side Jaejoong can be seen sobbing on the stair hugging the big frame in his embrace.

 

“I thought the house sold already. But I still enter this house because I have the key…hope you don’t mind…” Jaejoong lifted up his head slowly to see the owner of the voice.

 

“I’ve changed my mind and I don’t want to sell it. I lost you and I don’t want to lose our memories in this house…” Jaejoong muffled within his crying as he shook his head slowly; not allowed.

 

“You’re not losing me…You never will…And I’m not going to marry anyone unless that person is you…” Yunho stepped up the stairs and sat beside Jaejoong.

 

“I love you and I’ll only love you for the rest of my life…” Yunho took out the picture in Jaejoong’s hand and put it back on the wall.

 

“This side will be our wedding picture and this side will be our picture together with our baby…” Yunho repeated the words that he used to say long time ago. Jaejoong was crying even louder than before to have that moment back again into his life.

 

“I’m so sorry I left you…I…” Yunho hugged him from the side and joined him in tears.

 

“You don’t have to explain to me…I’ve made my mind already and I’ll never going to change it…your sister came and explained everything to me.” Yunho told Jaejoong and Jaejoong look at him surprised. Yunho nodded.

 

“But I said to her…even she did not come, I’ll still going to withdraw the wedding.”

 

“I admit that I’m so sad when you leave me..and I know how suffer the feeling is. If…if I leave you right now…I’ll regret for the rest of my life because I don’t want you to go through what I went through…” Yunho planted a kiss into Jaejoong’s lips; the feeling of longing the warmness feeling of each other.

 

*FLASHBACK

 

“Angry is one thing…but you can’t run from the truth. You know how much you love her and marrying Ara will not going to replace her in any way.” Jaejoong’s sister was talking to Yunho when Ara was hiding behind the curtain accidentally eavesdropped their conversation.

 

“For how long you want to keep your hurtful and angry feeling when he’s already right in front of you…? You lost him once, are you willing to let him go again when he said that he love you…?” Yunho took out his tuxedo and threw it on the floor. He grabbed his sweater and look for last time at her.

 

“Thanks…but even you did not come, I’ll still going to withdraw the wedding. I can’t live for the rest of my life bring together with the lie..” Ara slid down slowly while leaning on the wall.

 

*FLASHBACK END

~The day you come back in my arms is the day that I’ve decided to share my whole life with you…We both know even we are separated by the thousand miles away, your heart is mine and my heart is yours…Love after love I’ve been through but still your love that tied me for the rest of my life…forever~

***********************************************************