“OUR STORY [Jaejoong] - Final”

Amethyst's One-Shot Collection for YUNJAE

“OUR STORY [Jaejoong] - Final”

 

 

You could never imagine how you would act when you’re in love. Silly, foolish, childish, embarrassment might have been the common words that popped up in your daily vocabulary, even if you don’t really intend it to be. It just bound to happen. And Jaejoong wasn’t an exception.

 

Secretly loving Yunho led him to act out of his natural behavior. He never thought that he would hide behind the wall, waiting for Yunho to come to his direction and pretended that they ‘accidentally’ bumped with each other – claiming that it’s just a coincidence.It’s really embarrassing to admit but he did it and it’s more than 3 times. Yunho of course never suspected a thing.

 

His relationship with Yunho, should he say that it’s progressing well? They’ve been spending times together for the past month – although the confession is yet to be spoken out. It’s struggling to get past out of his chest but he doesn’t know how because he never had any experience of doing so. He’s normally being the one on the receiving side.

 

Should he just feel satisfied with what they currently have? No… it’s not gonna be enough. His heart yearns to be loved. Then what should he do? It’s hard for him to make the first move because he’s so scared to be rejected. He doesn’t know if he could handle the pain.

 

The phone’s signaling a new received message not long after he came out from his class. Jaejoong transferred the books to his other arm so that he can take the phone out of his pocket.

 

“Yunho…” He mouthed as he read the name of the sender. He then slid his finger over the screen and read the new entry.

 

“I’ll be waiting at the usual place…”

 

He took a quick glance on his watch and quickened his steps.

 

“Crap…I only have 30 minutes to do the revision…” The steps slowly turned into jog with his phone firmly in his hand.

 

Jaejoong mentally cursed the professor for insisting to hold the oral exam. Why oral exam? He’s been straining his eyes from his socket to stay up, studying for two subjects two days in a row.

 

By the time he reached at their usual place, he’s already out of breath. He couldn’t care less to say hi or whatsoever to Yunho who’s been waiting for him and just flopped down on the empty space. He’s barely managed to catch his breath when he just flipped the book open, taking out his self-made notes.

 

“I’m running out of time…I need to memorize this chapter fast…” He muttered to himself.

 

“How the hell I’m going to memorize all of these fast?!!” Jaejoong thumped the book and groaned in frustration. He threw his gaze to Yunho whose smiling watching over him.

 

“I’m screwed…” Jaejoong said and pouted.

 

“Relax….it’s oral test, remember…and we’re not the only one…the whole students in the class are going to sit for it…we can just go last so you still have the time to revise it calmly…”

 

Jaejoong returned him with a sigh, still pouting. His gaze lost its spark when he glanced back on the open book.

 

“I’m exhausted…I don’t think it’d do me any good even if I try to memorize it now…” Jaejoong’s voice sounded like he’s giving up. He’s too tired to even feel tense and he could only see bed flashed before his eyes.

 

It would be good if he could close his eyes for a moment; he thought while rubbing his eyes with the heel of his hands.

 

Yunho didn’t say anything for a long moment, only staring at Jaejoong.

 

“Rella told me that you have an exam last night…” He finally spoke and Jaejoong just answered him with a simple nod.

 

“Frankly speaking, I don’t think you have anything to worry about…You’re good in everything….”

 

It was so ridiculous that it tickled Jaejoong’s heart. He chuckled softly.

 

“That’s not helping…”

 

“Then…..what about this…” Yunho then took out Jaejoong’s favorite apple juice and handed it to him.

 

Jaejoong’s eyes sparkled, extremely delighted when he saw his so-called ‘energy drink’.

 

“Thank you so much~~!” Snatching it away from Yunho’s hand like a hungry cat, Jaejoong then threw his arm around Yunho’s neck, awarded the later a peck on his cheek.

 

“I really love you~~~!!!”

 

Truthfully, even Jaejoong was surprised by what he just said. He noticed the startle look on Yunho’s face and so he covered it up by grinning foolishly.

 

Diverting his attention to somewhere else, he’s taking his time drinking the juice. There was a long silence filled up the air as both of them lost in their own world. It wasn’t that long after that when the fatigues took control over Jaejoong’s body as he drifted to sleep.

 

Yunho who doesn’t even realize it, had his attention currently focused on the page of the book. His mouth’s still slurping the drink when he felt an amount of weight suddenly added on his shoulder. Yunho was surprised at first and slowly he took a peek at the sleeping beauty.

 

With a controllable chuckle, he adjusted his position – lowering his body a little bit so that Jaejoong could sleep comfortably on his shoulder. Smiling to no one, a witty idea nudged his brain and slowly, carefully he moved without waking up Jaejoong, taking out his phone. He then positioned the phone facing them and secretly snapped their picture together.

 

He bit back his chuckle and put away his phone. Fully aware that Jaejoong really need to rest, he let him to sleep a bit longer.

 

“Jung Yunho-shi!” Startling when his name was called, Yunho bolted up from his seat; completely forgotten about Jaejoong who’s sleeping on his shoulder at that time.

 

He winced when he heard the thumping sound released from behind his back, followed by the sound of someone’s groaning in pain.

 

“What the hell?!!!” Jaejoong hissed while rubbing his head, irritated.

 

Yunho then turned his head around slowly and mouthed ‘sorry’ to Jaejoong. He earned a death glare from the latter and he couldn’t express how sorry he is even if he wanted to. It’s just not the right time. Still facing Jaejoong, he motioned with his finger to the standing silhouette to alert Jaejoong.

 

“It’s the prof…” Lowering his voice in confidential whisper, he informed it to the clueless Jaejoong.

 

“Kim Jaejoong-shi!”

 

Scrunching up his face and biting his lower lip, Jaejoong cautiously stood up to his heel – still rubbing onto the freshly formed bump on his head.

 

“Dreaming much?” The prof shot him a question in sarcasm.

 

“Aren’t you supposed to be doing your oral exam with Prof. Ahn by now?”

 

“We-we are waiting for our turn, Prof…” Yunho answered it on their behalf.

 

His gaze swept over to Jaejoong then back to Yunho. There’s a hint of disapproval in his expression.

 

“Dating first, exam later?”

 

“N-No…you got it wrong…”

 

“Kids these days…” He murmured, heading to an opposite direction from where they’re standing.

 

“Who’s so dumb sleeping during their date?” Jaejoong countered while shaking his head.

 

Turning around, he flinched when he realized how close Yunho’s standing in front of him. With his hunched shoulder, Yunho tried to peek through the gaps of Jaejoong’s fingers. Jaejoong dropped his hand from his forehead, allowing Yunho to see it clearly.

 

“You are hurt…” Yunho muttered, trailing his fingers over the bump.

 

“I’m fine…” Jaejoong trailed off down to his feet, couldn’t bring himself to look at Yunho directly into his eyes.

 

“Here…a good luck charm…”

 

“Huh…what?”

 

It happened so fast for Jaejoong’s brain to absorb. Every muscle of his body went numb when Yunho suddenly kissed him on his forehead. The touch of his lips felt so tender that he felt like his limbs are melting. And not just that, the pain on his forehead’s miraculously receding.

 

After what it seems like forever, he lifted his head up to meet Yunho’s eyes. ‘Why are you doing this to me’ – he wanted to ask that question but that question couldn’t even pass his throat, just stuck there until he swallowed it back down. And Yunho didn’t even bother to explain the reason of his abrupt action, only staring down at him with the smile that never left his face.

 

Those eyes.

 

He could see his own reflection in those brown eyes and it pictured perfectly how fascinated he is by Yunho’s smile. The drumming inside his chest’s getting louder like it’s making its own performance.

 

And it’s dangerous. How can he act normal when his heart desperately wanted to gain Yunho’s attention? Yunho’s attention? He mentally laughed. It sounded stupid even to his own ears. He bet those girls must be feeling the same way like he did; desperately wanted to claim Yunho’s heart as theirs.

 

Jaejoong took a step away from him, not certain if he really wanted an explanation from him. What if Yunho said that the kiss meant nothing at all? But the feeling for not being able to scream out what he’s been suppressing is torturing. It agitated him, he was disconcerted by it.

 

“Yunho-ah…” He touched Yunho’s forearm, bravely taking a risk.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“There’s something that I need to tell you…”

 

“Later…We still have an exam, remember?” He slung the bag on his shoulder as he’s gathering the books – their books. He handed the bag to Jaejoong which Jaejoong accepted it with a heavy heart.

 

Jaejoong looked down and nodded. If he didn’t let it out now, he doubts that he’d still have the courage to do so after this.

 

*****************************************

 

“Are you really sure you want to do this?” Junsu questioned Jaejoong’s decision. He skipped his steps to catch up with Jaejoong’s large stride.

 

“Yes…I have to do this…I want to confess to him before I go back to my hometown…”

 

“Can’t you just do it after you come back later on? Because…I don’t really have a good feeling about this…”

 

“No…I don’t think I can keep it any longer…I’m about to lose my mind, Junsu-ah…I have to know what he thinks about me…” Jaejoong said, not really focusing on his shorter friend.

 

His mind pre-occupied with something else at the moment, his hand riffled through the bag as he’s looking for something.

 

“Don’t you want to reconsider it? I mean…I’ve heard so many bad things about him…and I even saw it with my own eyes…he’s with one girl…they’re always together…I just don’t want you to get hurt, Jaejoong-ah…”

 

Jaejoong stopped in his track, causing Junsu who’s been trailing him from behind to accidentally bumped his back. He then spun around to face Junsu his eyes blinked blankly.

 

“I think I left my phone in the lecture hall…” Jaejoong spoke in a dull tone, figured that if he wasn’t quick in getting it back, he might have to consider buying himself a new one. And it’s just the same like he’s provoking his noona’s wrath. That phone was a birthday gift from his noona.

 

“Yah Kim Jaejoong! Do you even listening to what I’m saying just now!”

 

“Yeah…I heard you…that’s the more reason why I have to confess to him…it’d hurt me for sure if I was rejected…but at least I can stop hoping for something to happen in between us…” Jaejoong was determined. Waiting is never being that easy and waiting for something that’s not going to happen? It’s like waiting for the Santa Claus to fulfill your wish.

 

And he grew tired of Yunho’s nice treatment. It’s so misleading. At least, just at least if he could find out what’s inside his heart- perhaps things would turn out different for both of them?

 

*****************************************

 

Jaejoong turned his wrist to check the time. The lecture hall was supposed to be empty at that time.

 

“Oh God…please let it still be there…if not, noona will kill me…”

 

Swinging the door open, he barged in – oblivious that the hall was actually occupied. He was halfway from the entrance when he witnessed a couple in the middle of making out. Jaejoong let out a small gasp which resulted to the girl turning around, meeting his eyes.

 

“Jaejoong-ah…” It was Go Ara. From the back view, he couldn’t tell who is she just now. The figure of the man was still hidden but it didn’t bother Jaejoong at all. Who else other than Park Sang Hyuk; her boyfriend?

 

“I’m sorry Ara-ah…I didn’t mean to interrupt…I thought the hall is empty…I’ll leave right away after I grab my phone…”

 

“It’s fine…” Ara returned him with a smile; shaking her head saying that she didn’t mind.

 

Jaejoong immediately jogged to the seat he seated during the last lecture and was glad to find that his phone’s still there. He was about to celebrate it with a smile when he heard Ara’s voice again but this time it’s almost like she’s pleading.

 

“Jaejoong-ah…please don’t tell Sang Hyukkie about this, okay…” She reminded with an expression that Jaejoong would described it as guilty for being caught cheating?

 

Wait…if she’s not kissing Sang Hyuk, then who?

 

“Huh?” Jaejoong’s trying to figure out what she’s implying when the identity of that man finally revealed.

 

“Y-Yunho…”

 

He felt the jab right under his heart when he realized that it was him. The him  who stole his heart. The him  that he was about to make a confession to.

 

His lips dried and seeing how Yunho avoided sharing an eye contact with him, Jaejoong thought that worst nightmare come true. His hands trembled hard that he gripped his phone even tighter with the hope that his feeling wouldn’t be discovered that easily.

 

Leave…Just leave…

 

His mind could only whispered that one word but Jaejoong’s nerves seems to be taking a long time to respond to it. the tears threatened to drop and with a difficulty, he succeeded to turn around and moved his feet.

 

*****************************************

 

“Jaejoong-ah…answer me…tell me what happened just now? And don’t lie to me! You’re crying and I saw it!!!” Junsu exclaimed and his voice blared out through the phone speaker.

 

“I’m sorry Junsu-ah…See you next Monday, okay…” His lips quivered, suppressing himself to just burst out in tears.

 

“Yah-”

 

Jaejoong ended the call and continued driving. How could he tell Junsu that he was rejected even before he had a chance to confess to Yunho? The tears rolled down freely and he wasn’t bothered by it anymore.

 

He looked up, noticing that the traffic light turned into green and the cars lined up in front of him started to move one by one. Shifting the gear back to ‘Drive’, he carefully steering the Lexus belongs to his brother in law. The tears rolled down as he immersed in his emotion when the sounds of the cars’ honking erupted from the other junction almost simultaneously. It shocked him.

 

It must be a drunken man with a death wish; driving the car crazily like that.

 

“That fool-” His voice broke off when he felt a massive crash on the back of his car. His ribs were crushed against the steering violently as the impact that caused him to lose control over the car.

 

His car was slammed hard, flipped and rolled twice, maybe more but Jaejoong’s brain was no longer able to operate well in that condition. The horrible hit just now sent Jaejoong unconscious.

 

When he opened up his eyes again a while after, he’s hanging down from the car, with his upper body touching the ground while his lower half still stuck in the car.

 

He must be thrown out of the car – Jaejoong noted amidst his blurry vision. The pain – he was expecting an unbearable hideous pain to shoot him but somehow he felt nothing.

 

“Ah right…it must be the adrenaline…”  He blew out a breath, unsure whether he should be thankful or not when he didn’t feel a thing.

 

Just then, he felt a droplet of liquid trailed down from his cheek. He was crying?  Well, of course he would. In that kind of condition, it’s natural for someone to cry; that’s what he thought until he felt another drop dripped down from above and landed on his face. He wanted to laugh at himself when he realized that it’s actually drizzling. What a perfect way to mask his weeping face.

 

The bystanders started to gather around him to lend a hand. They’re screaming – some of them were yelling asking to call for the ambulance, the cops, the fire department whatsoever and some others were gasping telling how gruesome it is.

 

Jaejoong felt the ground beneath him is getting warmer and turned his head slowly to have a look. What he saw was the red fluids spreading the road around him.

 

Damn – he’s screwed.

 

And then it came the first strike of pain, causing him to cough up blood. His head spun like carousel and he could feel the back of his throat burned. It’s really hurt. But why did he think that his heart hurt the most despite his ugly condition?

 

The sky’s above him becoming dark and countless of memories danced in front of him. Everyone he held dearest in his life flashed before his eyes one by one – his beloved parents, his annoying sisters, his encouraging friends and…..

 

Yunho…

 

He didn’t know why but even when the tears blinded his sight like that, he could only see Yunho’s face. And even when that ‘kissing scene’ etched perfectly in the back of his head, he still wants to love that one man only. What a tragedy. If that’s how their story supposed to end, he wanted to at least remember the best part from all of their moments.

 

“Here…a good luck charm…” The way Yunho’s lips pressed against his forehead, it’s still fresh.

 

One blow of the wind chilled the very marrow in his bones as he scarcely breathed. Over the road slick from an incessant drizzle, Jaejoong closed his eyes.

 

*****************************************

 

The drizzles started turning harsh and it poured down heavily like a thousand slaps on his face. No one would dare to go out in that angry weather. The road in front of Jaejoong’s hostel was empty but Yunho remained still, soaking and drenched but still waiting for Jaejoong to come back.

 

He ran there straight away from the lecture hall, searching for Jaejoong right after Jaejoong left him.

 

And waiting is what he did, ignoring Junsu’s scolds – telling him that it was useless.

 

“I will wait for him…here…” He insisted. He had to do that, to make Jaejoong hear out his explanation. And that’s why he’ll wait.

 

He waited for 3 hours straight, in heavy rains and still waiting even after the rain stopped. The sunset began painted the sky with red color and he’s still waiting.

 

Waiting – that word became so synonym in his life for years already.

 

It’s because he’s been waiting for Jaejoong for 4 years and waiting for another 4 hours wouldn’t give him any different.

 

“Jaejoong-ah…Please…give me another chance to tell you how much I love you…”

 

[End]

 

 *****

A/N: Another update~ Please support me by subscribing and comments are most welcomed^^ thanks~