"Finding A Wife for My Daddy : Part 2"

Amethyst's One-Shot Collection for YUNJAE

“FINDING A WIFE FOR MY DADDY – 2”

 

“Will a memory survive, one that I can hold on to…”

*******

 

He’s finished with his last schedule 15 minutes ago and now he and Junsu were on their way back to their house.

 

While Junsu’s busy rechecking and confirming the schedule for the next day; Jaejoong on the other hand just sat quietly on his seat; letting his gaze wandered outside of the car. It’s half hour before 2 in the morning and his body at his limit. All the energy had completely drained out and he just wanted to sleep.

 

But he couldn’t.

 

Whenever he closed his eyes; Min Ha’s face appeared and her pleading voice resounded. He rubbed his temple; cannot help but being bothered by it.

 

Heaving a long deep sigh; he then reached into his bag for something. It was a box; the thing he treasure the most. He brought that box close with him no matter where he goes. He caressed it lovingly before opened it up.

 

“Why don’t you give it to her just now?”

 

Jaejoong glanced at Junsu and Junsu motioned for him to look at the contents of the box.

 

“The letter…”

 

Jaejoong looked inside the box. It was more than just a letter. A bulk of undelivered letters to be précised. All of them were addressed to the same name; Jung Yunho.

 

“It doesn’t matter anymore…I’ve turned them into my songs; remember?” Jaejoong spoke in a low tone. It seems like there’s so much feeling that yet to be poured out.

 

“What about the latest one? The one you wrote a day before?”

 

Jaejoong left it unanswered as he quickly closed back the box and hid it back into his bag.

 

“A diehard fan huh? She didn’t know, doesn’t she…?”

 

There was a long pause before Jaejoong answer. He took a deep breath and lifted his chin up as he faced Junsu.

 

“Judging from her look? I don’t think so…”

 

Junsu was surprised when their eyes met. The same heart-wrenching feeling surfaced and mirrored through Jaejoong’s eyes; the look that Junsu thought had disappeared after 13 years passed. Yes, 13 years. It’s more than enough to heal a broken heart; supposedly.

 

“Jaejoong-ah…are you okay?” Junsu asked in concern. He held onto Jaejoong’s arm as he asked.

 

“She came to ask me to be her father’s new wife…if only she knew that she’s the reason Yunho and I chose to head a separate way 13 years ago…” Jaejoong wanted to laugh like he just told a funny story but he couldn’t. It’s too painful to fake it.

 

“What do you wanna do then?”

 

“I don’t know, Junsu-ah…”

 

“I just don’t know…”

 

*****

 

A black Jaguar stopped in front of Coffee Cojjee and Min Ha stormed out from the car even before Changmin could turn off the engine. Jaejoong’s already waiting for her at the front door with a bright smile on his face. He wore a casual outfit - a worn out jeans, a white printed shirt along with a black jacket. He had both of his hands jammed into the pockets of his jacket.

 

“Oppa~!” Min Ha skipped her steps and ran into his embrace. A light chuckle emitted from Jaejoong’s cherry red lips.

 

Changmin got out of the car; adjusting his hair looking at Jaejoong and shyly bowed. Jaejoong replied the same.

 

“Let’s come inside…” Jaejoong invited both of them.

 

He pushed the door and held it for Min Ha to enter and followed her from behind.

 

“Waaa~!!! I always wanted to come here because you know…it’s the most high class type of coffee shop…it’s very grand, oppa!” Min Ha spun around as she’s scanning every inch of the shop.

 

“Thanks…I just wanted to make it as comfortable as I can; you know like we’re in our home…”

 

“But is it okay for us to meet here, oppa?” Min Ha asked; checking if there are any other customers other than them.

 

“It’s okay…I closed the shop for today. Come sit here…” Jaejoong patted the seat next to him. Junsu came and brought along with him two glasses of drinks and a bowl of desert especially for Min Ha. He then walked back behind the counter and brought another glass of drink for Changmin.

 

He and Changmin sat at another table; giving the two of them their private times.

 

“So oppa…have you think about it?” Min Ha didn’t waste any time as she immediately asked. She dug into the desert; chewing it softly as she enjoying it before letting it down into .

 

“I can’t wait to introduce my Daddy to you…”

 

“Min Ha-ah…about that…” Jaejoong paused.

 

*Jaejoong’s POV

Now that we’re sitting face to face once again; I realized how she resembled Yunho in so many ways. Looking into her innocent eyes; I couldn’t help but to imagine the way Yunho’s looking back at me.

 

It’s really hard to say the word ‘no’ or to upset her. It’s like I’m doing it to Yunho. She resembles Yunho that much till it sank my heart; because it really proves one thing – that she without any doubt is Yunho’s daughter.

 

12 years ago; I’ve made it clear to Yunho – to not come and find me. Not because I really hate him but because I know how weak I would be without him by my side. And I know I would run back into his arms the minute he stands in front of my door. Not enough with that; I made him promise me because I know he’s a man who stick on his promise.

 

Cruel as it may seem but I was too young back then. And that’s the most plausible decision that I could think of. The anger overpowered me. And I’ve paid for the reckless mistake I made ever since that.

 

‘Time will heal everything’ – I guess this phrase could never be applied to our case. The pain of missing; longing; it’s more like a tumor that increasingly growing day by day; year after year.

 

This sweet girl before of me existed from what people would call it as ‘a mistake’. A mistake that held one responsible for his whole life. But who’s to blame? This kid wasn’t even asked to be born that way.

 

“Oppa?!”

 

“Oppa?!”

 

I snapped back to the reality when Min Ha waved her hand in front of my eyes.

 

“Oppa? What’s wrong…? Did I say something wrong?”

 

I shook my head and smiled.

 

“Min Ha-ah, why did you choose me? Why not someone else?”

 

“Because Daddy loves you!” She exclaimed.

 

Gosh. The word LOVE tore my heart.

 

“He built a special room for you…a mini library…he can be in there for hours or even days…he spend in that room even more than his own room…speaking about a hardcore fan; huh…” She smirked and I reluctantly agreed.

 

I closed my eyes and counted to 5. I braced myself to listen to her every word hoping that I’m not breaking down.

 

“Daddy has a trouble sleeping. He used most of his time working than sleeping. When he couldn’t sleep; he will listen to your songs and drift to sleep. Your songs calm him; he’s sleeping soundlessly after that…” Her lips then quirked into a smile; reminisce it.

 

“Jaejoong-ah…something’s bad happened at home today…let me hug you for a moment…I really need your comfort and your strength…”

 

I could imagine it when she told me that. I guess he never changed. I looked away; tried hard to hold back the tears.

 

“You know oppa, when he’s in a bad mood…his mood will change 360% when he look at you; in magazine maybe, in TV, in every place you’re in…” She finished the last scoop of the desert and smiled in satisfaction.

 

“He sounds interesting…” I commented.

 

“Eung…” She nodded. I raised my hand to Junsu gestured him to bring another one for her.

 

“But Min Ha-ah…if we’re really going to proceed with your idea…you have to know something…despite how young I look from outside; I’m actually 31 years old…” I’ve been honest to her. That the least thing I could do; I thought. I’m younger than Yunho by 2 years.

 

“Seriously oppa?!!!” She widened her eyes.

 

“You don’t even look like you’re 28, and now you said you’re actually 31? Wow~ oppa…you’re not aging, don’t you…? You better tell me your secret, oppa…”

 

I chuckled at her remarks.

 

“Err…oppa, there’s something I forgot to ask you…do you have someone’s in your heart already? Someone’s gorgeous like you; you obviously can get anyone you want…”

 

The one I want is the one that I had to let go; Min Ha-ah…

 

“I had one before I became a celebrity…”

 

“Really? Then it must be such a long time ago…there’s not even someone who attract you after that? Or maybe someone’s you’re interested in…”

 

“Wow Min Ha-ah…for a second there; I thought you’re a press who’s interviewing me…”

 

She cupped ; feeling guilty.

 

“I’m sorry, oppa…did I cross the line? I’m just interested to know…” She grinned.

 

 “Nah it’s okay…” I ruffled her hair and shook my head.

 

“Let’s just say, I’ve found a great one and no one can take his spot…” She listened to me with a very serious face.

 

“You sounds like you really love that person…now I started to feel guilty trying to match make you with Daddy…”

 

“Let’s stop talking about me…have you told your Daddy about your plan? What if he doesn’t agree to it, what would you do?”

 

“Aaah~ I never think about that…”

*End Jaejong’s POV

 

“Aaah~ I never think about that…”

 

Jaejoong blinked his eyes at her as he’s thinking. He’s still battling whether or not he wanna continue with her idea. He’s survived till that very day but barely. He collapsed several times per year. Just like Yunho; the pain’s eating him alive.

 

He breathed out and then reached out for an envelope from his jacket. Min Ha eyed him blankly. Jaejoong put it down on the table and pushed it forward to Min Ha.

 

“If he disagrees; give this letter to him…”

 

Min Ha’s eyes trailed off to the creamy color envelop.

 

“And this letter would surely change his mind?”

 

“I hope so…if not; that’s mean we’re never meant to be together…” Jaejoong’s made up his mind. The letter’s already in Min Ha’s hand. It’s too late for him to regret anything not to forget a bit shameless to ask for it back. Whatever happened after this would going to change their lives forever.

 

*****

 

Min Ha walked into the mini library looking for her father. She brought along with her the new signed album.

 

“Daddy, are you in here?” She called.

 

 “This smell…” Her nose twitched as she sniffed again trying to recall it.

 

“It’s the same scent I smelled in Jaejoong’s oppa waiting room and just now when he hugged me too.  That’s why I felt it so familiar. It’s the same one like in this room!” She finally remembers.

 

“Min Ha?”

 

Min Ha turned around to meet Yunho’s eyes. Yunho just came out from the bathroom. He wiped off his hands with a napkin.

 

“Daddy…what’s this smell…?” Min Ha couldn’t hold back anymore. Her curiosity won.

 

Instead of answering his daughter’s question Yunho looked back then looked down checking his appearance.

 

“Is it that bad…? But I’ve already cleaned my hands with the soap just now…” Yunho tried to sniff both of his hands; misinterpreted Min Ha’s question. Since he just came out from the bathroom; he thought that Min Ha was talking about him. He advanced to the table nearby and sprayed the perfume to his wrist.

 

“Aniya~ Not you…it’s…” Just then the sweet scent of the perfume engulfed the room. It halted Min Ha from continued.

 

“Hmm?” Yunho looked back at her while applying it on his neck.

 

“It’s your perfume…” She muttered as her eyes darted on the bottle.

 

‘Talking about the coincidence…So they’re wearing the same kind of perfume…’ She finally figured out.

 

“What about my perfume?”

 

“Huh? Nothing…it’s smelled really good…” Min Ha just shrugged it off.

 

“Daddy…there’s something that I wanna talk to you about…” She began.

 

“What is it?” Yunho slumped down on the couch; had his eyes fully focused on her. Min Ha settled down on the seat in opposite of him; taking her position before starting the serious conversation.

 

“I’ve been thinking about something…”

 

Yunho arched his brow; making a several pictures on his head where this conversation will lead to.

 

“Daddy, I could understand if you wanna find a new wife…and I just wanna let you know that I’m completely fine with it…”

 

“W-what?” It strayed far exceeding from what Yunho expect coming out of 13 years old girl.

 

“In fact; to show you how much I support you in this matter…I even found a suitable candidate for your new wife…” Min Ha stated proudly; missing the hint of ‘dislike’ shown on Yunho’s face upon the sensitive topic.

 

“Wait…what makes you think that I really need a new wife? What makes you think that I WANT a new wife?”

 

“Daddy…please listen to me first before you say anything…” Min Ha ignored what Yunho just said and proceeded.

 

“It’s not just anyone… I know you would surely love this person…it’s-”

 

“JUNG MIN HA!!!” Yunho admonished. He even rose on his feet.

 

Min Ha closed her eyes; cringed because it’s too shocking. She stumped. That was the first time Yunho ever yelled at her. He never once raised his voice to her before even when she’s pestering or intentionally pissing him off.

 

Aside from her racing heartbeat; she could hear the sound of her father’s breathing hard. She slowly and bravely opened up her eyes to look at him but surprised to find his gaze still fixed on her. Clenching onto his jaw; his eyes flared in anger.

 

At that second Min Ha realized; she’s probably had crossed the line. 

 

“D-daddy…I…I’m sorry...” Her chin quivered. Yunho looked away.

 

“Go…leave Daddy alone… Yunho said in a low but serious tone.

 

She gulped down then apologized once again. her lower lip between her teeth; she placed the signed album on the coffee table along with a letter Jaejoong specially wrote on top of it.

 

Right at that time they heard the distance sound of running footsteps from outside. Yoochun barged into the room soon after that.

 

“I’ll…just leave this here…” She said then walked passed Yoochun and headed toward the door.

 

Yoochun stared at the empty doorway then turned to face Yunho.

 

“What the hell is wrong with you?! She’s just a kid for God sake!” Yoochun scowled.

 

“Please go Yoochun-ah…I’m totally not in the mood to entertain you…” Yunho took a step away from him; avoiding having an eye contact with his best friend.

 

“If there’s someone that should be blamed for it…then it should be me…I’m the one who told her about your condition…”

 

Yunho closed his eyes. A muscle knotted at his jaw.

 

“I thought by telling her about your real condition; she would stop persuading you to go to the hospital… I never knew she would come up with this idea…”

 

Yunho rubbed his temple with his fingertips; restraining himself from explodes.

 

“But what’s wrong with it? She’s just wanted to make you happy…she’s doing it because she thought that could help you to move on…”

 

“I don’t want to move on! THESE MEMORIES IS WHAT KEPT ME ALIVE!!! YOU; OUT OF ALL PEOPLE SHOULD KNOW THAT!!!”

 

“I know! But that shouldn’t be the reason for you to let it out on her! She’s your daughter!”

 

“Don’t you dare bringing up that issue to me…!” Yunho pointed his index finger to Yoochun; stressing it out.

 

“I’ve sacrificed lots of things just to be a good father to her…I’ve sacrificed my own love just to raise her with love!”

 

“But she doesn’t know the truth …why don’t you give her a chance…? She deserves more than that, Yunho-ah…”

 

“I can’t do it anymore, Yoochun-ah…” Yunho slowly shook his head.

 

“I can’t do it anymore…” The tears pooled at the corner of his eyes.

 

“It’s so painful in here…” He poked his left chest again and again.

 

“I’ve been paying for the mistake I’ve done…13 years… Just kill me and end this pain…I can’t do it anymore…”

 

Yoochun hurried to his side and caught him by his shoulders before he fall down.

 

*****

 

Min Ha haven’t say a word ever since she came back from the mini library. She just stood there while hanging her head low.

 

“Are you okay?” Changmin asked after a long moment.

 

She shook her head; one tear escaping and trailing down her cheek.

 

“I just want to make Daddy happy…I acted without consider his feeling at all so I ended up hurting him even more…Jaejoong oppa was right…” Tears spilled over Min Ha’s cheeks as she said that.

 

Changmin shifted closer and wiped her tears away.

 

“And knowing that; Jaejoong-shi gave you that letter right…? Let him cool down for a night…I’m sure your Daddy would change his mind once he read that letter…”

 

Min Ha nodded.

 

*****

 

Min Ha woke up earlier than usual next morning. She brought a cup of coffee with an intention to check on her father’s condition; and to apologize once again.

 

“Daddy?” She carefully entered the mini library. Her eyes moved wildly; searching for Yunho’s figure.

 

But Yunho was nowhere to be found.

 

“Daddy?” She called again to make sure.

 

She stopped at the table and her face lightened at the look of the letter that was out of the envelope. It was left opened on the table next to the signed album.

 

“Daddy read the letter!” She breathed out in relief.

 

She put down the cup and reached out for the letter.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________

Yunho-ah,

 

If I ask you to run back into my arms, would you agree to it?

If I said I wanna spend the next 50 years with you, would you allow me to?

Those songs I sang are meant for you; you know that right?

Whenever I talk about love I talked about you; you are aware of that right?

Those thousand words of ‘love’ I mentioned in my songs; I was hoping they would reach to you…

I love you. Jung Yunho, I love you.

Till this very day, I love you…

__________________________________________________________________________________

 

Min Ha stiffened. Her smile faded.

 

“Oh Min Ha-ah…have you seen your Daddy?” Yoochun walked into the scene right on time.

 

“What’s the meaning of this, Uncle Yoochun?” Min Ha asked weakly.

 

“Why what’s wrong?” Yoochun moved closer to her and took the letter out of her hand. He gasped as it finally hit him.

 

“A new wife for your Daddy is Kim Jaejoong?”

 

Yoochun’s forehead wrinkled as he exhaled a sigh. It’s going to be long and he needed to sit.

 

“What makes you chose him?” Yoochun wanted to know.

 

“Look around uncle...Daddy’s obviously obsessed with him…and I thought choosing him would be the right decision…” Min Ha explained in her defend.

 

“It’s not an obsession…its love…Kim Jaejoong is your father’s first love…and only love…”

 

“In school, Yunho and Jaejoong were known as a perfect couple. Despite the number of times they’d clashed; they ended up attracted to each other even more. Yunho is the fire and Jaejoong is the water…no one can control the rich brat like Yunho; not even his father…but it’s a whole different story when it Jaejoong came into his life…Mr.Jung loved him so much because of that…”

 

She closed her eyes. She’d had no idea about it at all. But then, what about her mother? She thought they got married out of love.

 

“I don’t get it…then what about mom?”

 

Yoochun breathed out.

 

“Everything happened so fast. After your grandpa died, he left your father a huge responsibility to deal with everything. The estate; the company; everything. Yunho’s just 20 and it’s a huge shock for him. All the shareholders were pressuring him. They didn’t trust Yunho to take over the company. But he thought as long as Jaejoong was there with him; he could go through it all…”

 

“…Jaejoong’s preparing to debut as a solo singer at that time…he spent most of his times training…because he couldn’t reach out for Jaejoong; Yunho resorted to drinking – a lot…and then it happened…a mistake…

 

“He woke up the next day fully with another girl on the same bed…”

 

Min Ha flopped down on the couch; cupping .

 

“Oh My God…don’t tell me…Oh My God!” The tears shimmered in her eyes. It’s too much for her to accept. A mistake. That word rang in her ears. She was born out of a mistake.

 

“I was a mistake…” She murmured in disbelieved. The tears rolled down her cheek.

 

“It got worst…your mother confronted Jaejoong; asking him to leave Yunho because she’s pregnant…she needed him more than Jaejoong; that’s what she based on…and the least thing that Yunho need at that time is a bad reputation…” Yoochun clenched his teeth as he reminisced.

 

“Imagine what Jaejoong felt at that time. He felt like he was betrayed; angry; disgusted…”

 

“I had one before I became a celebrity…”

“Let’s just say, I’ve found a great one and no one can take his spot…”

 

The tears streamed down out of her eyes as she sobbed. She could tell how much Jaejoong loves her Daddy.

 

“Min Ha-ah…there’s something else that you should know too…”

 

*****

 

Yoochun stepped on a break as they reached in front of the school gate. It was his old school.

 

“Uncle, are you sure we could find them here?” Min Ha asked; peeking out of the window.

 

Its weekend and no one occupied the school ground at that time. And neither Yunho nor Jaejoong was there.

 

“Yeah…that’s what Junsu told me…” Yoochun assured.

 

The three of them; Yoochun, Changmin and Min Ha hopped off the car to search for them.

 

*Min Ha’s POV

I have to make it right. That’s the only way that can set my heart at ease. Uncle Yoochun convinced me that it’s not my fault that it happened. Everything happened because it was meant to happen and no one ever blamed me for it.

 

Daddy got no choice but to marry mom. It’s done in order to protect our family name and to prove that he’s responsible enough to take over the company. But of course Daddy would go against it if not because Jaejoong oppa asked him to do it.

 

Mommy died when she gave birth to me; that one part is right.

 

“Min Ha-ah…there’s something else that you should know too…”

 

It turned out that Jaejoong oppa debuted late than it was originally scheduled. He debuted a year after I was born.

 

“He felt betrayed, angry, disgusted but because he loves Yunho so much…he couldn’t bring himself to leave Yunho when he’s in that condition…”

 

Jaejoong oppa was there accompanying Daddy; supporting Daddy from behind until he’s stable. And he…

 

He was the one who raised me for that one year. 

 

*******

A/N: tell me what do you think...the next chappie would be the final chappie for this story. please support me by subscribing and commenst are most welcomed ^^ thanks