"Fireworks : Part 3"

Amethyst's One-Shot Collection for YUNJAE

*Flashback : 2 & Half Years Ago

 

I walked weakly while looking down to my feet. I stopped for a while and looked back just like I was hoping for someone to come after me. Who should I expect? We’re in the public place after all. The fans were the only people who wished that I don’t go.

 

“Jaejoong-ah…what’s wrong…?” Cordi noona called.        

 

“I don’t think I can do this, noona…it’s happened too soon…I’m not sure if this is what I want or not…” I confessed what I really feel at that time.

 

“It’s once in a lifetime opportunity Jaejoong-ah…you have to grab it…besides; it’s better for you to do this when you’re not having any other attachment right now…” Cordi noona was right and I knew I was right.

 

‘Attachment…’

 

But sadly…I do have…and thinking that I’m just going to leave him just like this just to achieve my dream…what if Yunho finally gave up on me…? If that’s happened; what should I do…I can’t live without him…

 

“Jaejoong-ah…let’s go…we don’t want to miss the flight…” Cordi noona pulled my hand and for the last time I looked back.

 

‘Yunho-ah…I’m so scared…we never once separate for such a long time and now I’m heading to a place far away from you…I wish that you’re here with me now…’

 

*Flashback End : 2 & Half Years Ago

***************************

*Yunho’s POV

 

I watched Jaejoong’s sleeping soundly. He must be really in pain till he couldn’t push himself to argue with me. I ran my fingers through his hairs and watched him without feeling bore.

 

“You’re not changing a bit, Jaejoong-ah….” I smiled. I pulled his right hand and wrapped our hands together.

 

My hands are always bigger than him but his fingers are pointy long. I intertwined our hands together and chuckled softly when I thought that my act is no different than a stalker or even a crazy people would do.

 

*Flashback

 

“Yunho-ah…do you think that we can still be together like this in future…after I debut…?” I smiled upon his question. We sat on the rooftop. Our favorite place where the moon is right above us with its light showering us.

 

“Being a public figure; definitely have a price to pay…you know that…” He nodded while jutting out his bottom lips…we looked up to watch the stars coloring the sky at night…

 

“We’ll make it work…somehow…”

 

I put my hand above his hand; intertwined our hands together and pulled his body closer to me. A shy smile crept on his face as he lowered his head to hide it.

 

“Can we still holding hands like this…?” He asked me with his glistening eyes…

 

“Well…no one can tell right…?” I answered after doing some thinking. He smiled and nodded again.

 

“Waahh…I really love fireworks…they are magnificently beautiful…” Jaejoong expressed.

 

“They’re pretty and it seems like they’re just right above us but we can’t even touch them right…?” Yunho said and Jaejoong agreed while pouting his lips.

 

“Jae-ah…” Yunho changed their position in a sudden and pulled Jaejoong’s shoulders to face him.

 

“Remember this…whenever you see the fireworks…just so you know that is me; missing you madly…no matter how far we’re apart…”

 

*Flashback End

 

At first we thought everything will going to be easy; that everything is within our hands; that we can handle everything.

 

We were wrong..

 

The time for us to be together was lessened each minute. Working out of the country is the hardest thing for us to deal with; he’s rarely back home. A minute ago we’re together then the next thing he’s gone.

 

We sneaked out for our date and there are so many things we shared have to be a secret. I worked hard to be an understanding lover to him despite so many things that I lacked at. Because I believe that he will always come back to me at the end of the day.

 

But I guess I’m just a normal human being when he made a decision by himself; leaving me here like a lost little kid. I lost to my anger; my hatred; my jealousy and many more. I’ve suffering for such a long time but seeing the vulnerable Jaejoong inside my arms right now…

 

I just realized I was being selfish these whole times…He was suffering too… 

 

****************************

Jaejoong suddenly woke up to the sound of the coming of the morning. The rising sun’s greeting him with its bright ray.

 

“It’s already morning…” Jaejoong smiled as he’s adjusting his vision.

 

Like a sleepy head who rarely met a new morning; Jaejoong unintentionally looked to his next in a slow moving pattern just like how he really enjoy it.

 

He touched his stomach and the smile grew even wider when the pain has fully subsided. Then something else’s poking his mind. He turned to his right but Yunho wasn’t there anymore.

 

“Yunho?” He waited for sometimes for Yunho to answer him.

 

Jaejoong pushed the blanket away from covering his legs and woke up. He stretched out his body and started to find Yunho.

 

He had already searched for Yunho in every corner he could in his house but Yunho wasn’t there. Feeling hungry; Jaejoong took an approach towards the kitchen but found something on his way.

 

“I have to go…there’s something came up…”

 

“I have to go…there’s something came up?!” Jaejoong read every word. He flipped the note to the back and then to the front.

 

“That’s all???!”

 

Jaejoong walked lazily towards the kitchen and drank a glass of water when he heard the sound of the bell rang. He put the glass down and sprint towards the door; hurriedly opened it up. He thought it was Yunho but it wasn’t.

 

“It’s delivery…and here for you…” He put down the plastic bag and passed him a piece of paper. Jaejoong accepted it.

 

“…but I don’t order…” Jaejoong stopped when he saw Yunho’s name written on the paper.

 

“Just a second…I’ll get my wallet…”

 

“No sir…it’s already paid…enjoy…” He bowed down and walked away.

 

Jaejoong closed the door and placed the plastic bag on top of the table.

 

“We’ll have breakfast together next time…I promise…” Jaejoong stuck out his tongue after he finished reading.

 

“Who does he think he is…? It’s not like I’m dying to have breakfast with him…” Jaejoong threw the paper into the plastic bag. He checked out what Yunho ordered for him and begins taking it out one by one.

 

He pulled the chair so that he can have a seat but later he ended up cringing and scrunching up his face while holding onto his stomach.  The pain doesn’t last longer but it’s sharp and really sting.

 

“Damn…I REALLY have to stop drinking…being sick is really !”

 

Jaejoong saw the phone from the corner of his eyes and something hit him. He grabbed the phone and make a call to his manager.

 

“Hyung…Don’t you worry about me a little…?”

 

“Of course I do…but then I heard you have a special person who looks after you…”

 

“What…?” Jaejoong gulped down; afraid that Yunho’s name will come out.

 

“Oh come on Jaejoongie….how long you knew me…? Why didn’t you tell me about your relationship….?”

 

“wh.....who…who told you that…?” Jaejoong cleared his throat and pretending unaffected.

 

“Your omma…she said you’re fine under your lover’s care…” Jaejoong cursed under his breath as he remembers about his mother. He’s worried that this rumor will affect Yunho’s career.

 

‘Is that why Yunho left early…?’ So Jaejoong thought.

 

“If you wanna keep it a secret; I don’t mind…I understand…the less people know about this; the less harm caused…”

“Wait…so you don’t know who….”

 

“Your omma said it’s your personal matter and we have to respect that…I just know that it’s a celebrity too…”

 

“Hyung…you…don’t mad…??”

 

“Oh come on Jaejoong-ah…how long have you been in this industry…? You know it right; no matter how professional you are; falling in love is another matter…I was hoping that you could find one and now that you have one…hope you will introduce that person to us later when you’re ready…” Jaejoong heaved a relief sigh. His manager laughed hearing it.

 

“What about my schedule?”

 

“Don’t worry…I’ve postponed it to another date…after you get better of course…I told them that you’re sick…”

 

“Hyung…thanks…”  Jaejoong really meant it.

 

“Don’t’ bother about it…it’s my responsibility as your manager…”

 

“No…thanks…for understand about…you know…” Jaejoong’s manager laughed again.

 

“That’s my responsibility too; Jaejoong-ah…You’re more important and I have to protect you….”

 

Jaejoong nodded and hung up. He put the phone carefully aside and clasped his hands together. He’s really thankful and grateful about it.

 

“Thanks omma…you’re the best…” Jaejoong smirked. He’s back with his breakfast but he couldn’t stop smiling.

 

It’s not like they’re back together but still He’s truly relieved. Because he really can’t risk Yunho’s life for something that they used to have or still have.

 

******************************

*At Yunho’s Management Company

 

Yunho’s eyes fully focused on the contract.

 

“This can’t be…”

 

“I’m so sorry Yunho-ah….I’ve already approved it before you told me about your relationship with Jaejoong-shi…” Changmin apologized again and again.

 

“Can’t you just say to them that they’re some misunderstanding and it was signed without my approval…”

 

“I’ve already did that. They’re begging me to help them. Yoora is a fresh newcomer and this show and with your collaboration will help her to gain name in this industry…” Changmin tried to convince Yunho to just go with the idea.

 

“Really…are you really sure that my fans wouldn’t throw rocks at her, instead…?” Yunho questioned. Changmin shrugged. He slipped both of his hands into the pocket and leaned against the door.

 

“I thought so but it’s not like I can say it like that to them….”

 

Yunho shook his head again and again. Yunho slammed the contract on the table. He ruffled his hair; don’t know how else he could let out his frustration.

 

‘I just want to start everything with Jaejoong all over again…I couldn’t do this to him….No matter how professional he is; we shouldn’t play with someone’s feeling…” Yunho walked back and forth inside the meeting room; obviously devastated.  

 

“I’m truly sorry, Yunho…truly sorry…for now I really need your cooperation and I will find a way to end it…” Changmin patted his shoulder.

 

Yunho sat back at his chair and stared down at the contract.

 

“Celebrity Scandal”

 

“What kind of show is this…? What’s the point of we have to pretend that we’re having a scandal just in front of the camera…”

 

*6 Months After

 

After 6 months; they finished with the shooting of “Duet”. They’re getting even busy than before; coping up with their pack schedules. And for those 6 months as well Yunho had to put aside the idea of getting back together with Jaejoong.

 

He thought that it’s better for them not to have any attachment before he start involve in the show of “Celebrity Scandal”. Or so he thought.

 

However when the shooting came to an end; Yunho started being hunted with the restless feeling of unable seeing Jaejoong and thinking that he have to stick with someone else; acting like he’s really in love with that person pushed Yunho to the edge.

 

During the preview of the drama for the first time; Yunho was distracted to the maximum level. He kept on stealing glances of Jaejoong who sat three seats away from him. But then again; because of the reporters and the fans, he couldn’t talk about it to Jaejoong. It’s really inappropriate time for them to discuss about their personal matter.

 

They’re barely sit together alone under the same roof because of their pack schedules. What make it even more hard for them when Jaejoong hardly stay at one place. Due to the end of the drama shooting; Jaejoong’s schedules have been filling up with the request from different countries.

 

Yunho’s becoming surprisingly edgy and completely distraught because of it. He failed to hide it from Changmin as Changmin noticed it.

 

“Yunho!” He turned around and saw Changmin waved at him.

 

“Remember when I asked you to take a rest for one day and you said that you just wanna find a quiet place and watch the fireworks…?” Yunho slowly nodded.

 

Changmin handed a piece of pamphlet to him. Yunho looked at him suspiciously while opening up the pamphlet.

 

“Fireworks Fiesta at Jeju Island…?”

 

“Don’t you remember what tomorrow is…?” Yunho raised his eyebrows.

 

“It’s a Valentine Day!”

 

“…and I can go because….?” Yunho still clueless as to what Changmin really meant.

 

“Now that you’re not a single man…and you really need a rest…while tomorrow is a Valentine Day…supporting with the fact that you want to watch fireworks….so…Go there with Jaejoong-shi~!!!!”

 

“What for…? He’s not even in Seoul….” Yunho replied with a lazy tone.

 

“Really…? Because I happened to see him with his manager at level 8…” Changmin put his hand underneath his chin like and expert.

 

“Level 8?” Yunho looked around him and just realized that he’s not in his management company building but instead he’s in broadcast company building.

 

“There he is…” Changmin pointed to someone’s coming out from an elevator.

 

Yunho looked back and saw Jaejoong’s discussing something with his manager. Three bodyguards were surrounding Jaejoong; protecting him. Jaejoong didn’t notice him yet.

 

“Just go…I’ve already talked with his manager…but Jaejoong doesn’t have a clue…Go…” Changmin pushed Yunho’s body; encouraging that man.  

 

“Before that…” Changmin passed two tickets to Jeju and a car key.

 

“His manager have move Jaejoong’s luggage from the trunk to this car…I’ve put yours in there too…” Changmin mentioned about the car to the nervous Yunho. Yunho nodded.

 

“Oh…annyeonghaseyo Yunho-shi…and Changmin-shi…” Jaejoong’s manager stopped and bowed to them. Jaejoong finally saw Yunho.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo Yunho-shi…Changmin-shi…” Jaejoong bowed and smiled at him. They replied the same.

 

“It’s…there is emmm….” Yunho stepped closer and closer.

 

“Can I borrow Jaejoong-shi for a while…? There’s something I wanna talk to him about…” Jaejoong’s manager allowed and Jaejoong followed Yunho to somewhere away from them; in private.

 

“Something’s wrong Yunho…?” Jaejoong asked in concern.

 

“I don’t know that you’re back already…”

 

“I’ve arrived 3 hours ago…Don’t even have a chance to rest yet…” Yunho nodded. Jaejoong checked Yunho’s facial expression and he can guess; that’s not what Yunho wanna talk to him about.

 

“Yunho…?”

 

“I want to bring you to one place…” Yunho then snatched Jaejoong’s hand and pulled him together with him; running in fast speed. Jaejoong who’s a bit clueless; running crazily too following Yunho from the back; hand in hand.

 

“Yunho…wait!!! Where are we going…?” Jaejoong’s breathing unevenly. The sweat appeared visibly on his forehead.

 

“To Jeju Island…!” Yunho answered; still running.

 

“What?!!! Like right now?” It shocked Jaejoong but it’s already too late for him to consider it.

 

“Like right now!”

 

“.Yunho…my manager hyung?!” Jaejoong shouted.

 

“It’s fine…he knew about this plan…!!!” Yunho shouted back.

 

“Wait…! WHATTTT?!!!!”

 

They finally stopped when Yunho found the car he’s searching for. Jaejoong’s hands on his knees; trying to adjust his breathing. They panted hard but Yunho didn’t delay any single minute.

 

Yunho checked the time on the ticket before he start driving.

 

“Yunho…could you please explain to me first…” Jaejoong whined after finished buckled up.

 

“I’ll tell you the details when we’re in Jeju…but for now I can tell you this….” Yunho paused as his eyes were looking at the back while reversing the car.

 

“…Our managers planned this…” Yunho added. He looked at Jaejoong while changing the gear.

 

“…but…hyung said…” Jaejoong confused. He tittled his head to the left; dazed.

 

Yunho shrugged and stepped hard onto the accelerator.

 

*******************************

*At Jeju Island

 

Jaejoong and Yunho walked among the crowds in disguise; joining the other to count the clock to turn 12.01 at night. Jaejoong couldn’t stop smiling because this is the first time he really enjoys himself doing something he likes in public without being discovered.

 

“Yunho-ah…thanks for bringing me here…” Jaejoong’s lips curved into a smile hearing people counting.

 

*Yunho’s POV

 

I’m glad that Jaejoong really love this. I spent almost a day explaining to him as soon as we arrived at the hotel. Jaejoong’s the most astounding person. Regardless of our disguise; he would be easily discovered because of that. We are saved right now most probably because people who are standing with us right now came in pair.

 

I looked around and I noticed that they’re standing hand in hand or arm in arm. Some of them are even hugged their loved one from the back.

 

“Yunho…! The fireworks!!!” Jaejoong cheered while pointing to the sky. He looked above and grinned happily. Once in a while he will look at me.

 

I reached for his hand slowly and wrapped fully around it. As much as Jaejoong was astonished by those fireworks; it’s been such a long time that we’re holding hand. He knew it too. He then shifted his eyes slowly at me and I took that opportunity to kiss him.

 

There are so many shapes and colors created by those fireworks; I’m sure of it even though we’re ended up staring at each other instead staring at the sky. Those beautiful colors and shapes were reflected on Jaejoong’s black shiny orbs.

 

“Remember what I said to you long time ago…? Whenever you see the fireworks….”

 

“…it’s you who always miss me…” Jaejoong finished up my sentence.   

 

I moved closer to him and placed my lips against him as we kiss. We parted for a while; smiling at each other and kiss again. 

 

*******************************

Comments are pleased~! thanks~!