"Fireworks : Part 1"

Amethyst's One-Shot Collection for YUNJAE

“I won’t change…I will never change…my heart is always yours…”

 

Sitting on the rooftop; we shared a passionate kiss underneath the moonlight where the fireworks showering us from above.

 

**************************

I wonder how much value there is throughout this world I’m living in right now. Everything feels meaningless, maybe I’m just a little worn out…

 

I entered into main page and started searching for one particular name. I strolled down to read the entries while tapping my finger onto the touch pad. This is not something uncommon for me because I’ve being doing this secretly behind the staff’s back; especially my manager. Stalking is what people can describe the way I behaved right now. I don’t care anymore.

 

“Got a great offer...will head back to Korea tomorrow…”

 

My eyes almost popped out the moment I read the latest status on his twitter.

 

“He’s coming back!” I have this sudden nervous cramping in my stomach.

 

“Yunho…” I jumped off my seat in surprised. I looked back just to see my sleepy Manager; Changmin sneaked into my room.

 

“You’re not sleeping yet…? What are you doing…?” He peeped onto my laptop screen and stoned.

 

“It’s him…” He said as he’s turning his head to me with a question look. My mouth went dry.

 

“Wow…I don’t know you like him…you must be excited to be paired with him in this upcoming drama…” He grinned sheepishly. It was out of my expectation but at least; I don’t have to explain further.

 

“I heard that he’s REALLY good looking in a person…I’m so excited myself to meet him for the first time in the press conference on Wednesday…” He said with his dreamy eyes.

 

I looked back at my laptop screen just to stare at his picture. Well; it’s a hideous fact that I have to accept. I’m not the only one who screaming his name inside my heart.

 

****************************

He spread his arms wide open as soon as he stepped off the car. He slightly yawned still in adjusting the time differed in Korea. A smile escaped from his pouty red lips seeing the familiar building in front of him.

 

“Glad to be home; Jaejoongie…?” He turned to see the owner of the voice and nodded.

 

“It’s been two year and a half isn’t…” Jaejoong whispered; mostly to himself. He then clasped both of his hands together and makes a cute fake desperate face to his manager.

 

“Please! Please! Please! Please! Please! Don’t accept any offer that needs me to be away from home in the meantime…” Jaejoong said almost half begged. He earned a chuckle from his manager for his cute face.

 

“You’ve got your wish fulfilled already; Jaejoong-ah…don’t you remember about your role in the new drama…? I put it as a reason for all the people that want you to be in their show for now…You’re booked! And you’ll be busy for a year and maybe more than that…!” Jaejoong cheered in delightful.

 

The manager shook his head while smiling. He took out Jaejoong’s stuffs from the trunk as the other staffs brought them all up to Jaejoong’s penthouse.

 

“Are you sure you don’t want a company…?” The stylist asked him as the Manager agreed.

 

“I don’t think so…I know it’s to live alone in such a big place but nope…you guys have family too…you’d sure dying to see them…and hyung…you have a newborn baby; remember…?” Jaejoong mentioned about his manager. He patted Jaejoong’s back before leaving and his stylist noona; all of them gave Jaejoong a hug before leaving him halfheartedly.

 

Jaejoong threw his LV bag on the couch as soon as he entered the house and head straight to the kitchen. He’s back to the living room a while after with a glass of water in his hand and pressed the answering machine button.

 

Jaejoong walked around doing things like taking off his shirt; pulling the luggage and taking out stuffs and so on while listening to the messages left in the answering machine. Out of all; one of the message diverted Jaejoong’s attention from what he was doing.

 

“Emmm…Jaejoong-ah…” There was a gap of silent before the latter continue. Jaejoong walked closer to the answering machine; fully paid his attention.

 

“Ermm…I’m hoping that you would call me when you’re home…call me…” There was a trace of frustration on Jaejoong’s face, like he was hoping for more. And when he thought that the message has ended already…

 

“…I miss you…” and the sound Beep echoing soon after as another message played.

 

Jaejoong’s eyes were now on the picture frame placed on top of the piano. It is the picture of him with another person next to him. One that he kept away from the horrible world’s knowledge; the love of his life.

 

Jaejoong grabbed his phone to make a call when the next thing he knew…he pressed the end button as he second guessed himself. Hell yeah he miss that man like crazy but the last time they met; it wasn’t ended very well and he was the one should be blamed.

 

*Flashback

 

It started to rain in Seoul. It rained very heard and turning the weather to becoming very cold. People were running to find the shelter. There were only a few people left on the street but he still waited for Jaejoong ignoring the fact that he’s soaking in wet. Jaejoong asked him to meet that day. It’s hard for Jaejoong to get out of his tight schedule just to meet him and that’s why he didn’t want to screw up.

 

His body shuddered because of the cold and a light tint of happiness can still be seen when his phone rang. Seeing that it was from Jaejoong; he hurriedly pick it up.

 

“I’m truly sorry…I couldn’t make it for our date today…”

 

“It’s okay…we can still meet tomorrow or whenever you can…”

 

“The thing is…I can’t promise you when because…”

 

“That’s fine…I understand your position…a top star like you having a relationship with someone like me; it’s hard…” He tried to laugh despite of the unshaken cold. He wiped off the rain from covering his face.

 

“No…it’s just that…I’m at airport right now…and I’ll be leaving in any time soon…I’ve got a great offer in New York…it’s a lifetime opportunity that I’ve been dreaming all this time… my manager has said yes before informing me and I just can’t say no…” The shimmering smile’s disappearing from his face in that instant.

 

“O..Okay…when you’ll be back…?”

 

“I probably have to stay there for quite sometimes…I…” He weakly nodded. He didn’t even heard what Jaejoong was saying next as he’s already end the call.

 

*Flashback End

 

“I shouldn’t just leave you like that…what was I thinking…?” Jaejoong mocked himself for making such a stupid decision two years and half ago.

 

But then again; that’s probably be the reason on why he accepted the role and be a part of that drama.

 

“DUET”

 

It was an interesting title and not to forget interesting casts. He’s paired with a newcomer of the industry but yet have already reached at the peak of his popularity in short amount of time. Meanwhile he’s the most wanted celebrity in Asia and not to forget the world since the day he spread his wings outside of Asia long time ago.

 

****************************

 

*Press Conference

 

Yunho felt his hands were sweating badly. He seems could not maintain his calmness. He was too nervous to meet this person. He’s being fidgeting his feet and luckily they’re covered by the long table in front of him. If not; it would be an embarrassing moment in front of those countless photographers and reporters.

 

“We’re now introducing the last but not to forget the important person; Hero Jaejoong…”

 

Yunho’s eyes darted to the person who appeared from behind the stage. The crowds were cheering endlessly for him as soon as he makes his appearance. He bowed and bowed to the crowds while waving his hand friendly. The smile plastered on his face genuinely.

 

Yunho felt like his heart was almost jumped out from his chest and he felt like throwing out because of the nervousness. Hero Jaejoong is indescribable beautiful and it seems like the public agreed with him. They’re screaming telling him that he looks like a doll with a flawless fair skin.

 

As their eyes met; Yunho felt like he swallowed a drum as there was a drum roll against his chest. Those big eyes reminded of him about something. And the world around the two of them seems to stop spinning. Yunho petrified by him.

 

The conference ended successfully. Jaejoong put up some excuses and left early for home. However; he wasn’t the only one who did that. Yunho too didn’t wait any longer as he has something else to do.

 

Back at Jaejoong’s penthouse; ever since he entered his house…he’s being spacing out on the expensive couch while gripping on the script for “Duet”. He didn’t even take out his outfit yet. Somehow his role in the “Duet” seems reflecting exactly who he really is. He wondered how the Script Writer can come up with such idea. This drama is like exploring his life and the life he wish to bring to the grave with him.

 

While biting on his lips; Jaejoong’s mind flew away to the moment where he was introduced with Jung Yunho. When he was about to discard the idea in his head; he was surprised with the ringing bell.

 

He jogged towards the door and swung the door open. His eyes widened with the presence of the guest who’s leaning sideway against the wall.

 

“Yunho!” It slipped from the tip of his lips. Yunho didn’t say a word but just staring at him. It was an awkward moment between the two of them.

 

“Please come in…” Jaejoong invited Yunho and Yunho walked slowly from behind. While Yunho’s putting on slipper; Jaejoong’s playing with his hands.

 

“I just wanna ask you for a dinner…” Yunho voiced out his intention. Jaejoong nodded while rubbing his temple with his index finger; wasn’t in a state of comfort at all. He frowned as he’s thinking.

 

“I…have nothing in the fridge…I haven’t cooked anything since…” Jaejoong stumbled on his speak and took a deep breath; trying to calm down himself.

 

“Just wait for a while…I’ll go to the market…” Jaejoong grabbed for his car key and the wallet; ready to go when Yunho grabbed his arm.

 

Yunho lifted up the bag of groceries in his hand; showing it to the oblivious Jaejoong. Jaejoong’s lips formed an ‘O’ just realized about it.

 

“I’ve got everything here…you didn’t notice it…?” Yunho released the grasp and chuckled.

 

He went straight to the kitchen by himself and stood behind the counter. He took out everything from the bag and lined them up on the counter. He pulled up his sleeves and sent a sweet smile to the blank Jaejoong. From the corner of his eyes; he can see the picture nearby the piano but pretended like he didn't even notice about it.

 

“I…I can cook…” Yunho laughed upon Jaejoong’s sudden remarks.

 

“I know…but tonight; let me be the one who cook for you…I just want you to rest…” Jaejoong make his approach to the counter; engrossed in eyeing every movements Yunho made.

 

“You know how to cook…?” Jaejoong asked directly. And Yunho nodded without even looking at him.

 

“Like what you said before…when you started to live alone; you practically know how to do everything by yourself…I guess it does…” Jaejoong swallowed his saliva bitterly hearing what Yunho said.

 

“Yunho-ah…” Yunho threw a glance at Jaejoong when he called.

 

“Hurm…?”

 

“I want to help…”

 

“If you don’t mind…” Yunho agreed but at the end; Yunho basically done everything while Jaejoong seems lost to another different world. He does lend a hand; with a simple tasks like securing the heat and stirring and even cleaning up.

 

Jaejoong looks like he wanted to ask Yunho about something but his mind’s battling whether or not to do it. He didn’t want to ruin the moment; even though it’s a little bit awkward but at least they’re doing fine. At least Yunho’s doing fine.

 

Yunho’s focusing plating up the spaghetti while Jaejoong was looking after the sauce; waiting for it to fully cook. Jaejoong was deeply in spacing out and unconcsiously put his hand to the hot pot.

 

“OWW! OUCHH!! IT’S HOT!!!!” Jaejoong screamed and groaned while holding onto his hand as Yunho ran to him in panic mode.

 

Yunho put off the stove. He grabbed Jaejoong’s hand and dragged Jaejoong to the sink; shoving Jaejoong’s hand underneath the flowing water.

 

Jaejoong didn’t know why; but the tears were streaming down without giving him a cue. His hand wasn’t really hurt after a while but something else triggered the weakness inside him.

 

“Does it really hurt?” Yunho’s blowing onto Jaejoong’s hand trying to coo the latter. The tears rolled down even faster when Yunho asked him with a gentle caring voice.

 

“Hey…it’s okay…it’s okay…I can finish the rest…” Yunho caressed Jaejoong’s cheek with his thumb; coaxing him.

 

“Yunho-ah…I’m sorry…I’m truly sorry…!” Jaejoong’s voice muffled within the tears and both of them knew that Jaejoong wasn’t apologizing for hurting himself. It’s because of something else.

 

Yunho heaved a deep sigh and wrapped his long arms around Jaejoong’s shoulders and pulled him into a hug. He ran his hand through Jaejoong’s smooth silky locks as Jaejoong continued sobbing in his embrace.

 

"It's really a bad idea isn't for me to come here..." Yunho blurted. Jaejoong pulled himself out of the embrace.

 

"Is it really okay for you...to work with me in the same drama...? it could be such a terrible idea you know..." Yunho questioned Jaejoong's decision.

 

"We signed the contract already..." Jaejoong answered simply. It's true; even if they have issues with each other but when they're in front of others, they have to put it aside nonetheless.

 

"Let put some ointment on your hand first..." Jaejoong agreed with Yunho and walked towards the cabinet. He opened up and Yunho took the ointment. They walked towards the table where Yunho sat down on the floor with Jaejoong sitting on the chair; facing him.

 

"There you go..." Yunho stood up and back at the kitchen to serve the lunch while Jaejoong's waiting at the dining room.

 

The lucnh wasn't going really smooth as they though and wish it would be. Both of them were eating without even talking. They stole glance once in a while but that was just to check the condition of one another. It was extremely awkward.

 

"T..thanks..." that was the first word came out from Jaejoong's lips after the whole lunch. Yunho replied with a light nod.

 

"I'll go and clean..." Jaejoong extended his hand to grab for Yunho's plate when Yunho stopped him by placing his hand above Jaejoong's. Jaejoong startled. Jaejoong's observing him with a clueless face.

 

"Never mind..." Yunho smiled and retreated.

 

"I've should get going..." Yunho went to grab his coat when Jaejoong stopped him by clenching onto his muscular arm.

 

"S...stay..."

 

"Sorry...?" Yunho didn't catch what Jaejoong was saying because he's mumbling.

 

"Stay with me..." Jaejoong asked with a sincere eyes.

 

"I miss you..." Jaejoong added up.

 

********************

 

soyoung > that's right...he loved Jae from the very beginning that he's more than willing to risk his life just for the sake of his loved one...here another fic...hope your like it...thanks for reading!

KimJi-Yeon > hahaha...that's right...love at first sight...both of them have a happy ending at the end...yeah~! thanks for reading!

min_ka > yes...indeed...love will conquer all right...thanks for loving the ending...enjoy the new one kay...~thanks for reading!

Kim_Lily > well...i can't bear seeing them being apart from each other...we want them to be together even in real life right...hehehe...thanks for reading~!

chu_david > thanks~1 here's another one...hope you'll like it...thanks for reading~!

grutugomuk > glad that you liked it...*here's the tissue for you* thanks for reading~!

MiszCJung > hahaha...that's right...just with the kisses...awwww~~~~ thanks for reading!

byul_mi > yeah...yunho's survived and they're together...thanks for reading~!

rainscarlet > thanks to you too..here's another fic...thanks for reading!

 

***************************

Comments are pleased~! thanks~!